MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VCO Wiring
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author VCO Wiring
widgetoz
I have a VCO Issue 6 board to wire up for a customer. There is no SOCKET board so I am having to hardwire. Can someone give me the pinouts for MAIN-1 MAIN-2 and POTS?
Paradigm X
Its explained in detail in the builders guide

http://www.oakleysound.com/vco.htm

http://www.oakleysound.com/vco6-bg.pdf
widgetoz
Paradigm X wrote:
Its explained in detail in the builders guide

http://www.oakleysound.com/vco.htm

http://www.oakleysound.com/vco6-bg.pdf

Hmm,
I downloaded the build guide last week and it came up as 6.1.4 and that DOESN'Y have the hard wiring information.
Re-downloaded and now it is 6.2.2 (!!!!!) and yes that DOES have the information..
widgetoz
widgetoz wrote:
Paradigm X wrote:
Its explained in detail in the builders guide

http://www.oakleysound.com/vco.htm

http://www.oakleysound.com/vco6-bg.pdf

Hmm,
I downloaded the build guide last week and it came up as 6.1.4 and that DOESN'Y have the hard wiring information.
Re-downloaded and now it is 6.2.2 (!!!!!) and yes that DOES have the information..

Having now wired up the jacks and pots (thanks to BG 6.2.2) I then went to calibrate it and guess what....... no calibration notes!
had to jump back to BG 4 to find some notes!
Synthbuilder
widgetoz wrote:
I downloaded the build guide last week and it came up as 6.1.4 and that DOESN'Y have the hard wiring information.
Re-downloaded and now it is 6.2.2 (!!!!!) and yes that DOES have the information..


That's weird. 6.2.2 has been up there since the 31st December 2012. But it is interesting you mention this because I've occasionally had other folk say that their documentation was an older version.

I wonder whether my host uses a out of date back up from time to time while service work is being done.

Tony
Synthbuilder
widgetoz wrote:
I then went to calibrate it and guess what....... no calibration notes!


Calibration notes are now in the User Manual. Back in the old days there was just the User Guide - but when Paul Darlow started making ready mades for people it made sense to split the documentation into two. The User Manual for people who haven't built it themselves and the Builder's Guides for those that do. Since it is possible that people with a ready made unit will need to calibrate from time to time the instructions were given in their User Manual.

Tony
widgetoz
Synthbuilder wrote:
widgetoz wrote:
I then went to calibrate it and guess what....... no calibration notes!


Calibration notes are now in the User Manual. Back in the old days there was just the User Guide - but when Paul Darlow started making ready mades for people it made sense to split the documentation into two. The User Manual for people who haven't built it themselves and the Builder's Guides for those that do. Since it is possible that people with a ready made unit will need to calibrate from time to time the instructions were given in their User Manual.

Tony

Doh! - thanks :)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group