AS modules slightly offset?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

dkcg
I pity the fool w/o enough VCAs

AS modules slightly offset?

Post by dkcg » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:19 pm

I just got a couple Analogue Systems modules. Is it me or are their srewholes slightly offset from the rest of Eurorac? I have a little gap b/t them and my other modules, like they wanna be different or something.

I wish they made a 1/4 HP rack spacer. :)

REwire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by REwire » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:58 pm

Yes, there is a 1/2 hp gap between ASys and Doepfer due to the screw holes being offeset. They all line up nice with each other just not with anyone elses. Shawn at AH said they are getting gap fillers for this but I noticed that the gap is not wide enough to even screw anything between them so the filler has to be at least 1 hp minimum. If you use those to fill in you will lose 2 hp overall in your row rather than the overall 1 hp leaving the gaps.

Me, I have lots of Asys modules mixed in and I have drilled two of the 4 holes on each one a bit wider to line up with all others.

Dan

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:06 pm

Yup, if the A.Sys hole were simply wider, then all would be well in modular land.

dkcg
I pity the fool w/o enough VCAs

Post by dkcg » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:51 pm

How annoying. I spent like 3 hours last night trying to figure out how to get as many modules into my cases as possible, I just bought this case and I'm out of space again. I thought for sure two suitcases would be enough. :bang:

Ended up being forced to but the ASys modules right next to each other, even though I really didn't want to, but it's not too bad. Like a gap tooth in one of my suitcases. :hihi:

dougcl
Number 6

Post by dougcl » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:39 pm

I just hogged mine out with a drill.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”