MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FH-1 - Turning Midi Clock in off
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author FH-1 - Turning Midi Clock in off
c0rpse
Is there a way to do this? Or to make the X input override the midi clock in? I didn't see one in the user manual.

The Novation Circuit only has a internal clock and automatic. When I turn midi clock out on the FH-1 on then the circuit constantly jumps back and forth between external and internal clock sync.

It also looks like the FH-1 is jumping between internal and external clock sync. The sequencers are not pulsing at a constant rate.
os
There's no option to suppress the MIDI clock in on the FH-1. I could add it.

Really the Circuit should have a setting to disable transmission of MIDI clock. I'll ask Novation about it.
c0rpse
Yeah, the Circuit only has internal clock and automatic, and it's definitely creating a feedback loop because if I hit play on the Circuit the BPM will increase until the sequencer can't play it anymore.
os
Have you asked Novation about it? The Circuit really shouldn't be sending MIDI clock to the device from which it's receiving it.
c0rpse
No because I believe the error is with the functionality of the FH-1. If midi clock out is turned on on the FH-1, then the FH-1 shouldn't keep receiving clock over usb. It should only send clock.

Also an input on the X jack should override an incoming Midi Clock, right now it just tries to mix them.
os
Fair enough. Arguably both devices behave incorrectly. It just so happens you're more likely to get a timely fix from me smile

I'll put it on the list for attention.
c0rpse
os wrote:
Fair enough. Arguably both devices behave incorrectly. It just so happens you're more likely to get a timely fix from me smile.

Thank you for understanding SlayerBadger!

I also just a put a ticket in with Novation.
c0rpse
Any chance we might see this in the next update?
os
It's likely. But I don't know when that will be.
os
Novation just mailed me to say they've fixed this in the most recent firmware update for the Circuit.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1