MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Roly Porter – anyone digging this droney crazyness?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Author Roly Porter – anyone digging this droney crazyness?
HipDestroyer
I'm really enjoying Roly Porters new LP THIRD LAW – and I think you guys will appreciate it too probably. A great mix of experimental techno, drone, ambient and what have you:

Xmit
yeah - I've been digging this recently.

Don't think it's quite as good as his previous LP - The Life Cycle of A Massive Star , which is frankly astonishingly good - but it's still a visceral, engaging listen. Guinness ftw!
dc_Sux
I think this album is tha shiznit.

I loved Vex'd but I think Roly and Kuedo are making even better records as solo artists.
Crude
Reaally like Roly Porter smile
He has that feeling of current that subte mix... Distortion and soft sounds

But actually i would even prefer Peter Jebanasam (more orchestral and finest) or Oneohtrix Point Never (more wtf)
RowanH
Liking it a lot, but sometimes it does feel like Ben Frost does techno.
noisejockey
Vex'd was OK at the time, but Roly Porter's solo joints are amazing. I still probably prefer his first, After Time, but every release has something interesting. Like his body of work for sure. Loads of sound design and compositional ideas.
suboptimal
Enjoying this. Feels like The Haxan Cloak with a dose of Empty Set.
Faru
This thread is old, but I found it while searching on any production insight from roly.

I saw him again yesterday at atonal and again his live performance blew me away. Everytime he plays at atonal, its the best show of the event smile

I am really curious on how he does his sound. His drones are so low in frequency, but you dont hear any oscilation, just a wall of sound. I hope hes gonna rlease this show as an album.
phats
This is cool, didn't know this guy but really liking it, thanks for sharing!
kragg
I'm liking Roly Porter too, very interesting music;
tIB
Coincidentally at a friend's with this on in the background - quick click on muffs recents before heading off and I've now heard the name twice in the same morning. Like what I hear, though the Ben frost influence is strong on the album I'm listening to. Clearly very talented though.
Xmit
has anyone checked the Kuedo LP where he basically does his homage to the Vangelis BR OST ? It's actualyl really great.
kragg
Xmit wrote:
has anyone checked the Kuedo LP where he basically does his homage to the Vangelis BR OST ? It's actualyl really great.

Isn't Kuedo the side-project of the other former Vex'D member ?
idontknow
kragg wrote:
Xmit wrote:

Yup.
And yes, this is to me still the best live show i've attended, twice.
I don't know much more than you guys but I can say he uses some weird old sound design softwares,
if I remember correctly there's one with a "drawing" interfaces, where you can destroy transcients and stuff, can't remember what's the name of it though..
The Junglechrist
Amazing producer for sure, I've always prefered his solo work than Vex'd even tho I do enjoy a few of their tracks.

Funny things is that I bought my Echophon from him a few years back when starting to assemble my first system.
idontknow
http://ajaxsoundstudio.com/software/cecilia/

Aaaand that's the thing I was talking about
Xmit
Quote:

yes - sorry, for not being clear... that's why I mentioned him in this Roly Porter thread.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Page 1 of 1