MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

vc controlled mixers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author vc controlled mixers
22tape
besides the a-135 (only one output), and cwejman's mx-4s (which cost a million dollars) are there any other multichannel voltage control mixers out there? eurorack or otherwise....

thanks!
flts
A simple solution would be to get a bunch of VCA modules and a little unity gain mixer (like the Analogue Solutions one) for summing the inputs. Voilá.
22tape
flts wrote:
A simple solution would be to get a bunch of VCA modules and a little unity gain mixer (like the Analogue Solutions one) for summing the inputs. Voilá.

thanks, flts. ya, i was considering that. i was just putting the feelers out there to see if there was an all in one solution.

since there doesn't seem to be any other VC Mixers out there, that's probably what i'll do!

thanks!
thermionicjunky
There will be the Plan B model 18. With the VC expansion module, there will be VC level and pan for four inputs. This module is supposed to be one of the next to be completed.
22tape
thermionicjunky wrote:
There will be the Plan B model 18. With the VC expansion module, there will be VC level and pan for four inputs. This module is supposed to be one of the next to be completed.

fantastic! i didn't know if that was still in the works or not. thanks for the heads up.
felix
is it? Last I remember, Peter punted on it to finish mort "system oriented" modules. I was really disapponted because I too was looking forward to the M18.
dougcl
There is a mod schematic out there somewhere to put individual outs on the A-135. Another option is the Cwejman VCA-4MX, which is really great and small.
22tape
dougcl wrote:
There is a mod schematic out there somewhere to put individual outs on the A-135. Another option is the Cwejman VCA-4MX, which is really great and small.

great, thanks dougcl. i actually decided to buy another two cgs tube vca/timbral gate boards. that'll give me a total of four. afters some thinking, i like this solution better. more flexibility. now i just need to get my hands on another model 9. that's a wicked cool mixer. such a simple idea, yet so play-able! live switch routing love
REwire
Before I had my Cwejman MX-4S Mixer I used 4 Doepfer A-134 Panners and two Analogue Solutions MX-61 line mixers. Each of the right and left outputs of the panners fed into the mixer so all the mono inputs could be VC panned and feed the stereo bus. VCA's were still needed before each panner to VC the level.

Also, effects with stereo outputs like delays could be patched in to the MX-61's too. I still use the MX-61's as main outs of my Cwejman to patch in the stereo FX.

Also, Plan-B's model 18 will not be out anytime before he completes a bunch of others.
consumed
can somebody enlighten me on the merits of vc mixing? is it a space saving thing?
dougcl
My theory on it was to get quad VCA functionality in a small space. That's why I bought the A-135. I wanted the same thing in the MX-4S with panning, but the lack of CV attenuation makes it a pain to use as a quad VCA. I suppose the "real" purpose of VC mixers is to allow fading of signals from multiple sources using a quadrature LFO or morphing controller. I just finally picked up a quadrature LFO, and I haven't had a chance to play around with that yet.

I have a perfect A-135 available for sale, if anyone is interested. 30% off new.
Doug
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1