MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Is the Midi function polyphonic on the Sh-1oh1?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Author Is the Midi function polyphonic on the Sh-1oh1?
earlydude2
Does this mod allow you send polyphonic midi data out of the Sh-101? (I understand the actual oscillator etc. would remain monophonic)

Would this possible.....

1. Program a bassline into the sh-101 sequencer and leave it playing.

2. Use the sh-101 keyboard to play melodies and chords over the top of it by linking it's new midi socket out to a sound module.

Many thanks

A
tubbutec
Hi,

the SH-1oh1 can send polyphonic midi data using its 'as-played_ midi output. Here the SH-101's keyboard can be used like a midi keyboard.

However with the current firmware it is not possible to output a baseline on the other 'as sounds' channel simultaneously, because the internal keyboard is always connected to the synth. hence playing on it will also change the sequence or the arpeggio.
A 'local off' function to circumvent this issue is planed, but currently not implemented.
szum
tubbutec wrote:

A 'local off' function to circumvent this issue is planed, but currently not implemented.

Is there a timeline for when this update/implementation would be rolled out? I want to mod my 101 with the sh-1oh1 to be able to use it as a midi keyboard for my other synths, this would be a very important feature.
goldplate
+1

Mr. Green
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Page 1 of 1