MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Modding Edirol V-4?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Modding Edirol V-4?
giantmecha
Anyone here have much modding Edirol V-4 mixers? Be there much gold in them hills?
gzifcak
i wouldn't think so, my guess is that it's pretty much software between the ins and outs. how old are those things?
giantmecha
I think they were first released in 2004/2005. And yeah, that was kinda my concern...anyone else out there have any experience with this?

gzifcak wrote:
i wouldn't think so, my guess is that it's pretty much software between the ins and outs. how old are those things?
thebrotherspus
giantmecha wrote:
I think they were first released in 2004/2005. And yeah, that was kinda my concern...anyone else out there have any experience with this?

gzifcak wrote:

I've got a modded Edirol V4 with CV control over the effects for each channel as well as the crossfader. It works great with eurorack. I've actually got it up for sale (sadly) right now if anyone is interested. here's the link to the for sale thread:
modded V4 for sale
giantmecha
Wow, first I've heard of somethign like this! Any chance you have photos of the V4 and/or any video of what it can do?

thebrotherspus wrote:
giantmecha wrote:

gzifcak wrote:

I've got a modded Edirol V4 with CV control over the effects for each channel as well as the crossfader. It works great with eurorack. I've actually got it up for sale (sadly) right now if anyone is interested. here's the link to the for sale thread:
modded V4 for sale
thebrotherspus
Here's a picture I just took with my phone. It's got 3 inputs and 3 switches. The switches toggle between manual operation or CV. The inputs accept 0-5v. anything above that is simply clipped but won't harm the unit. The left input controls the "A" effects knob. The middle input controls the cross fader. The right input is control of "B" effects knob. The v4 has the T-bar installed for fading. I also have a DJ style slider for fading that I can include as well. The output fade knob is slightly loose and on occasion when the v4 is powered, the video out just shows a black screen until the knob is touched or moved. It's only ever happened to me a few times and only on power up, never while actually using the v4.
It's a pretty amazing mod and adds all kinds of flexibility and strangeness to the already amazing v4.
gzifcak
cool! it should have occurred to me that the faders are probably already voltage sources. this would be a pretty simple mod for someone comfortable with it.
goldenliustra
Really cool mod!
Dirty_Bill
gzifcak wrote:
cool! it should have occurred to me that the faders are probably already voltage sources. this would be a pretty simple mod for someone comfortable with it.

I made a diode voltage clamp and modded the fader. It's a little trickier to get to the knobs, but not hard. VC cross fading is a nice feature.
Arturo00
Big Pauper (BPMC) has a decked out V4 modded to the tits. Looks absolutely amazing. The videos show what appears to be some sort of actual frame buffer situation happening. He hasn't provided much info, except for the below picture and a few video clips, but he promises to have more info up on his site soon: glitchart.com

Check out his FB group for the post: https://www.facebook.com/bee.pee.emm.cee/?fref=ts

michel07
Dirty_Bill wrote:
gzifcak wrote:

I made a diode voltage clamp and modded the fader. It's a little trickier to get to the knobs, but not hard. VC cross fading is a nice feature.

Amazing we're not worthy
I'm really interested about this. Is it possible to got more precise informations?
Dirty_Bill
michel07 wrote:
Dirty_Bill wrote:
gzifcak wrote:

Amazing we're not worthy
I'm really interested about this. Is it possible to got more precise informations?

I hope to post details soon. It's low on the list right now though. The V4 is for sale on BST, although France is a bit far probably...
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
The only Edirol product I ever owned is a MIDI keyboard which was such a piece of shit that I only wanted to mod it with my steel-toed boots. Several of the parameter sliders didn't register any activity when wiggled, which made using soft-synths with it a completely disheartening affair.

Sorry... carry on.
f4c3v4lu3
Hmm, I have an Edirol/Roland V5. Anyone ever come across those? Wondering if I could mod the cross-fader in a similar manner...
Dirty_Bill
f4c3v4lu3 wrote:
Hmm, I have an Edirol/Roland V5. Anyone ever come across those? Wondering if I could mod the cross-fader in a similar manner...

I'd make an assumption yes- to verify, you could crack it open, see if there's a fader pot, and measure the voltages...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1