MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

O|D ER-301: Sound Computer (Available Now!)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43  Next [all]
Author O|D ER-301: Sound Computer (Available Now!)
MATSmile

To track development progress go here:
arrow O|D Wiki
arrow O|D Forum
The ER-301 is a voltage-controllable canvas for digital signal processing algorithms. One of the many characteristics that attracted me to modular synthesizers is that they enabled me to make the kind of music that I love away from the computer. However, not all digital audio tools can be elegantly and efficiently realized in a dedicated hardware form. So, I either had to deny myself those tools, or, go to the computer. The ER-301 is the culmination of 2 years of sweat and tears spent creating a third option


Specifications:
Width: 30hp
Depth: 3cm from the back of the face-plate
Current Consumption in REG mode: 300mA from 12V, 20mA from -12V
Current Consumption in BUS mode: 250mA from +5V, 50mA from 12V, 20mA from -12V





acronym
curious about what it is
johnwynberg
I missed this thread, whilst I was posting in the other one. This one has a better title, but the other had more continuity... Can we please get only one thread? But just in case, I'm subscribing to both hihi
MATSmile
johnwynberg wrote:
I missed this thread, whilst I was posting in the other one. This one has a better title, but the other had more continuity... Can we please get only one thread? But just in case, I'm subscribing to both hihi

Mods can delete this one if they want. I didn't notice that there is another thread out there hihi
strangeowl
Google found this thread, but can't find the other thread with the search function down, so posting this here for now:

https://twitter.com/odevices/status/726767638840406016

Movie with sound from Orthogonal, looks like a sampler?
jonne74
strangeowl wrote:
..looks like a sampler?


I hope so, looks really nice.
strangeowl
If someone has a link to the other thread, please bump it with it the twitter link too so this one can die and I all discussion can remain in one place smile
akrylik
Here is the link to the other thread:

http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=140220
numan7
: bump : for questions, discussion and feedback....

:edit: hmm ok, my initial questions concern the plugin framework...

- any idea when you plan to make the dev-kit available?

- what will it be comprised of (as in sw libraries, example code, etc.)?

- will it be on github?

- will i be able use any c++ compiler that supports c++11?

- how about c++14 (or c++17)?


cheers
peripatitis
oh come on!
The whole point of this thread was to stop relying on the other which is 30 pages of speculation smile
Jtalton
Look awesome a few questions.

Will samples loaded in be able to be tempo synced?

Can you have it auto slice transients or will it need to be manual inputed?

Audio in and out is 96k? How does it handle different sample rates?

Does it play samples straight from the card or is there a limit to the buffer?

thanks. when i get the funds this is going in my rig.
bobbcorr
Congratulations on an amazing release!

An open question to the Muffs community - having reviewed the introductory video (embedded above), I am curious what you think are essential modules to pair with this new product. Other than Maths. Which apparently goes with everything. hihi

Looking forward to the documentation. Again, well done.
bc3
Are the audio inputs modular level or line level or can handle both?
Same question for the audio outputs. Thanks!
geremyf
Seems the programmable gain staging on the input so it should handle both line and modular levels.
mdoudoroff
bobbcorr wrote:
An open question to the Muffs community - having reviewed the introductory video (embedded above), I am curious what you think are essential modules to pair with this new product. Other than Maths. Which apparently goes with everything. hihi


Why, an ER-101, of course! hihi
brandonlogic
mdoudoroff wrote:
bobbcorr wrote:
An open question to the Muffs community - having reviewed the introductory video (embedded above), I am curious what you think are essential modules to pair with this new product. Other than Maths. Which apparently goes with everything. hihi


Why, an ER-101, of course! hihi


since there's no knobs (other than the one) i think it is essential to have some expressive controllers, and something that can be a constant voltage source and also attenuation/offset. i bought a Mutable instruments Shades specifically to sit right next to the 301 for this. basiclly adds three knobs to the 301, or can be used for attenuation/offset of incoming cv/modulation.

i also think my intellijel Planar, Soundmachines lightstirp, and doepfer ribbon controller will get a lot of use with this.
nearly ghost
Why are the G input different to the others? Seems that they are unipolar 12 bit etc, just wondering what they are optimized for.

Also good to see the hold mode make its way over from the 101 (although not yet implemented). Great performance feature.
bobbcorr
mdoudoroff wrote:
bobbcorr wrote:
An open question to the Muffs community - having reviewed the introductory video (embedded above), I am curious what you think are essential modules to pair with this new product. Other than Maths. Which apparently goes with everything. hihi


Why, an ER-101, of course! hihi


I was actually thinking a Cold Mac... w00t
djhyperspace
Yes
moegl
djhyperspace wrote:
Yes

Yes
7C
nearly ghost wrote:
Why are the G input different to the others? Seems that they are unipolar 12 bit etc, just wondering what they are optimized for.

Also good to see the hold mode make its way over from the 101 (although not yet implemented). Great performance feature.


shouldnt those be simple gate inputs? 4 channels & 4 g ins to trigger the sample plus the patch field below for additional 3 mod ins per channel...
Dogma
https://github.com/graue/luasynth

I've been looking at the lua c+++7 and it's very cool. Is the er301 going to allow me to program my own stuff if I wanted?
Is it going to open source - I note his license seems even more open, just acknowledgement and promise to share code...
spacetime
Units visible in the video: fixed delay, pitch shifting delay, variable delay, mixer, equalizer, white noise, pink noise, sample recorder (looper), sample player, envelope follower, ADSR, quantizer, tap tempo, offset, linear VCA + 6 track recorder. Lots of possibilities in 30hp
nearly ghost
7C wrote:
nearly ghost wrote:
Why are the G input different to the others? Seems that they are unipolar 12 bit etc, just wondering what they are optimized for.

Also good to see the hold mode make its way over from the 101 (although not yet implemented). Great performance feature.


shouldnt those be simple gate inputs? 4 channels & 4 g ins to trigger the sample plus the patch field below for additional 3 mod ins per channel...


I thought that too, if that was the case i wonder why on the video he used the bottom set of inputs for gates instead of these if their meant primarily for gates or EG's.

Seems that all the other 16 bipolar inputs can be set up in different configurations. might seem like a silly question to some im Just curious why these are different to the others?

Quote:

Units visible in the video: fixed delay, pitch shifting delay, variable delay, mixer, equalizer, white noise, pink noise, sample recorder (looper), sample player, envelope follower, ADSR, quantizer, tap tempo, offset, linear VCA + 6 track recorder. Lots of possibilities in 30hp


Agreed! I wonder how full featured that quantizer is.
L.C.O.
Is this the official new ER-301 thread?
Or has that not been created by OD yet?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43  Next [all]
Page 1 of 43
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group