MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[CLOSED] EU Music Thing Axoloti Control Board PCB
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author [CLOSED] EU Music Thing Axoloti Control Board PCB
wavefold
EDIT 2
Last chance to get a board! Soon i'll make the EU order so please if anyone else is interested, just write down here username + n. of boards you want.
I'll close EU order tomorrow.
I'll pm you w/ prices as soon as I'll make the order.

TY

Quote:
EDIT

Okay folks, I believe there's enough interest to plan a small run of boards

RE: redesign > bigger numbers: I can't find .brd files of the board so I can't work around this, if anyone manages to do so lemme know

from now on if you're interested in one or more boards please:
-write your username + how many boards would you like to get so I can calculate how much will it cost

maybe it would be better if someone in the US can take care of US wigglers, in order to make the shipping process faster
I can take care of the EU folks

Quote:

It's quite some time now that I've been considering to get an Axoloti board and now that Tom has designed this little cool control board I have one more reason to do so. Music Thing Modular Axoloti Control Board by Tom Whitwell
This is fun!

LIST:

EU

mr.freeman - 1
oisin - 2
The Big Ear - 1
Amer1231 - 1
wminor - 1
mr.sibs - 1
Suf-fuD - 1
midirobot - 1
mcpepe - 1

US
thelizard - 1
scy1e - 2
ac - 1
davehoec - 1
mr.sibs
I'd be interested in one if we can get the price down a bit
oisin
me too - id be in for a couple
thetechnobear
Id be interested....

does anyone now where i could get all the rest of the components, I'm new to this smile
euromorcego
mr.sibs wrote:

price? down? The Axoloti is 65EUR, the control board is open source and about $20 on OSHpark, cheaper elsewhere. So what do you expect? It doesn't get any cheaper than this.
horaflora
Also in for one or two.
emmaker
euromorcego wrote:
So what do you expect? It doesn't get any cheaper than this.

For me this is to limited. Only real value added to the hardware is the software which I can do myself. Hardware wise I'd get this which has a lot of features for the bucks.

ST Discovery Board
wavefold
okay I'll edit the post tomorrow to see how many people would be in for an order w00t
thelizard
I would be interested. I went to order a PCB today, but you have to order 3 minimum (about $65 + shipping).
ac
I'm in for a board if anyone wants to split an OSH order
windspirit
Looks cool, stoked to see what people do with this.
Tombola
My feedback from using this for a week or two.

- It's really fun!
- It's little and cute.
- I very quickly 'learn' the interfaces that I've created - in the delay video the three buttons do quite obscure things like "switch between single note, random notes and saw LFO" or "switch between sine and wav playback" but you learn them by patching them.
- In use, the numbers you use are the little ones - you're thinking "OK, I'll connect a digital output to that LED, what pin is that connected to? *Peers at tiny text* Right, PB1".
- The big numbers: "Turn Pot 1 for cutoff" I never look at. I didn't make the little numbers big because I thought it would make the panel look bonkers, would probably make them bigger if I did it again.

wminor
Count me in for a PCB.

Wondering if it's worth trying to improve the legibility of the numbers based on Tom's comments above...?
Tombola
Worth cross-linking here to the relevant thread at the Axoloti forum:

http://community.axoloti.com/t/minimal-knob-button-joystick-led-board/ 889
wavefold
edited main post Guinness ftw!
ersatzplanet
I'm waiting for the one that Axolotl themselves started to develop to get produced. The Axolotl control:

Switch matrix, control pots, LCD display of tweak able parameters and more.
Amer1231
Amer1231-1board
wavefold
Monobass wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
mckenic wrote:
Tom - would you consider doing a kit for your control PCB? I have been fascinated since your 1st video!

Have a kit coming of it on Thonk in about 3-4 weeks mckenic w00t

hmmm..... not sure if I'm still up for the order here, let's keep checking anyway
thelizard
thelizard-1 board
I'm in the US. If someone takes care of US people, I'll order from them.
Raytracer
ersatzplanet wrote:
I'm waiting for the one that Axolotl themselves started to develop to get produced. The Axolotl control:

Switch matrix, control pots, LCD display of tweak able parameters and more.

Yeah!! That looks awesome! Is it going to happen soon?
mcpepe
mcpepe - 1board
mr.sibs
euromorcego wrote:
mr.sibs wrote:

price? down? The Axoloti is 65EUR, the control board is open source and about $20 on OSHpark, cheaper elsewhere. So what do you expect? It doesn't get any cheaper than this.

My bad, thought I saw that the control board was in the region of $65 (because they are selling in sets of 3) on OSHpark when ordering individually, $20 is obviously fine...
The Big Ear
I'll take 1 - the big ear
wavefold
thelizard wrote:
thelizard-1 board
I'm in the US. If someone takes care of US people, I'll order from them.

thanks, I'll split the list in EU and US then
wavefold
mcpepe wrote:
mcpepe - 1board
US or EU?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2