Razmasynth Telewizor V2

Discussion of modular and standalone video generating/processing techniques and associated hardware.

Moderators: luketeaford, lisa, Kent, Joe., daverj

Razmataz
Common Wiggler

Post by Razmataz » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:18 pm

You can find the kits here:

Telewizor

I'm out of stock about full kits, but have partial kits in stock (Need only the Mouser BOM and Screen).

In other way, I'm actually working on a new module named "Display" wich is 2 AV channels display with buffered I/O. Display modules will only be available as full mounted units. They will be available early June.

mk
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mk » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:06 am

That sounds great, looking forward to pics and updates!

sebiiksbcs
Common Wiggler

Post by sebiiksbcs » Mon May 08, 2017 11:50 pm

Quick question (okay this turned into a burst of questions):

The arduino's TVout signal displays fine on the Telewizor, but when I send the arduino's TVout signal to my otherwise NTSC gear (3trinsRGB+1c, LZX Visual Cortex) I don't get a synced picture and only glitchy rubbish instead. (Haven't tried PAL actually)
Are the stock sketches on the Arduino set up for PAL, or is that not how TVout works? Am I missing something? Do I have to change a flag so it does NTSC?

BenasPlentas
Learning to Wiggle

Post by BenasPlentas » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:55 am

sebiiksbcs wrote:Quick question (okay this turned into a burst of questions):

The arduino's TVout signal displays fine on the Telewizor, but when I send the arduino's TVout signal to my otherwise NTSC gear (3trinsRGB+1c, LZX Visual Cortex) I don't get a synced picture and only glitchy rubbish instead. (Haven't tried PAL actually)
Are the stock sketches on the Arduino set up for PAL, or is that not how TVout works? Am I missing something? Do I have to change a flag so it does NTSC?
I'm also interested - does it let you translate video to any kind of projection to visualize performance?
--
b- | Current b-lectric | SoundCloud

animalfarm123
Learning to Wiggle

Post by animalfarm123 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:15 pm

Hi,

I've been looking for something like this. If I want to create my own video generator - is it possible to route audio into the Telewizor and program a buffer and use the buffer values for visualization, i.e. running an FFT or similiar on it?

Zifor
Common Wiggler

Post by Zifor » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:54 am

I am interested ! :hyper: :guinness: :party: :goo: :sb:

vonkhades
Common Wiggler

Post by vonkhades » Mon May 14, 2018 10:21 am

Hi all! I want to upgrade the quadopamp (tl074) to buffer the composite video in! Any ideas what part should I use?

I have been surfing mouser but I'm unable to find rail-to-rail buffers that accept ±12v as inputs and with atleast 20mhz of bandwidth (thats what I think I need, but also unsure on the minium bandwidth required for composite video. :)

rossgrady
Learning to Wiggle

Post by rossgrady » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:37 pm

Razmataz wrote:You can find the kits here:

Telewizor

I'm out of stock about full kits, but have partial kits in stock (Need only the Mouser BOM and Screen).

In other way, I'm actually working on a new module named "Display" wich is 2 AV channels display with buffered I/O. Display modules will only be available as full mounted units. They will be available early June.
Hey Razmataz,

Posting here since it's sort of relevant: Will you be restocking the DU-NTSC kits on your webstore? I'd love to order one!

joem
Ultra Wiggler

Post by joem » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:32 pm

vonkhades wrote:Hi all! I want to upgrade the quadopamp (tl074) to buffer the composite video in! Any ideas what part should I use?

I have been surfing mouser but I'm unable to find rail-to-rail buffers that accept ±12v as inputs and with atleast 20mhz of bandwidth (thats what I think I need, but also unsure on the minium bandwidth required for composite video. :)
I'm not sure if this fits your needs, but all of the LZX DIY stuff uses LM6172's. Good video rate opamps, though kind of pricey. I don't think it's a pin-for-pin replacement.

Return to “Video Synthesis”