MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

4HP 16 step trigger sequencer project [WORKING PROTOTYPE]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author 4HP 16 step trigger sequencer project [WORKING PROTOTYPE]
antumbra
Hi wigglers,

Today I finally have a working model of my 4HP 16 step trigger sequencer.

It's arduino based and the front is built on C1t1zen's protovero board which is going to be for sale hopefully soon! smile (Thanks a lot to him, it's really awesome, they are the protoboards mounted left to the module)

Features:
-16 steps
-adjustable pattern length
-adjustable led brightness with trimpot

playmodes:
-forward
-backward
-pendulum
-random

jacks:
-clock input
-reset input
-output

Menu
Hold encoder button for:
-1s: Playmode select
-2s: Last step select
-3s: Generate random pattern
-5s: Reset to default

The module saves on every button press so you won't lose your pattern when you power off.

All controlled by one push encoder.

I'll post video as soon as I receive the new encoders (the one in this prototype is a bit damaged from a lot of soldering and testing) and get a sturdier faceplate as the current one cut out of plexi bends a bit when you press the button.

I already have a pcb design but it's not tested yet.

Thanks a lot for your help with the schematic questions I've posted here! smile

Jarno
Pretty cool!
antumbra
Thanks smile
duff
This looks like fun use of 4hp.
synthetek
Will the final version require all the wiring?
sempervirent
This is a really clever and compact idea, I like the 4x4 LED matrix for displaying the steps.

I'm guessing you program it by using the encoder to move between steps, then press to toggle on/off?

I'd probably be interested in 2x
antumbra
Cool! No the final version will be a two part pcb, no wiring required.
Yes, it works like this: you turn the encoder, and enter steps with a short push.
You can select playmode by pressing the button for 1 seconds, selecting playmode then pressing it again for 1 sec. You can reach the last step select by holding the button for 2 sec, then select last step, then press again for 1 sec to exit. There's visual feedback on which mode you are going to enter when pressing long enough.
antumbra
Also it'll be around 4-5cm deep so it's kind of skiff friendly
medbot
Seems really cool, I'll be looking forward to updates.
ac
Looks good! And I like those proto boards...tell us more about those!
4floorsofwhores
2 please if you get round to taking orders. Nice work
qfactor
Interested! Interested!! thumbs up
antumbra
ac wrote:

These are made by C1t1zen (https://www.instagram.com/c1t1zen/) and I guess they'll be available soon, write him on his instagram, that's where I also contacted him.
ac
aman wrote:
ac wrote:

These are made by C1t1zen (https://www.instagram.com/c1t1zen/) and I guess they'll be available soon, write him on his instagram, that's where I also contacted him.

Cool, thanks!
antumbra
So I'd be looking for some brave DIY warriors (around 5 person), who would be willing to buy the module on material cost (about 30€), who'd be willing to give feedback on the schematic, pcb, code and overall working of the module, getting the final product also on material cost. Optimally people owning an arduino uno and DIY skills to be able to make changes. Please write pm! (To be clear, testers without input wont get discount on the final product).
antumbra
Added random pattern generation
Amer1231
I'm interested in a working pcb without all the wiring lol
alain6870
There is something you haven't spoken about !! How many triggers can you play at the same time ? Is it possible to use your sequencer as a drum sequencer ? Anyway it looks promising. I could imagin your diode matrix with dual color leds that would light green when the step is activated and orange when trigger is on on activated step ? hmmm..... Am I clear?
antumbra
alain6870 wrote:
There is something you haven't spoken about !! How many triggers can you play at the same time ? Is it possible to use your sequencer as a drum sequencer ? Anyway it looks promising. I could imagin your diode matrix with dual color leds that would light green when the step is activated and orange when trigger is on on activated step ? hmmm..... Am I clear?

It'll be possible with an expander, now it only outputs one channel, as I want to keep it simple, but in theory, it could output about 64 channels at once.

Also you can chain them, so they share the same clock and reset input by normalizing the jacks.

The led matrix works like this: it's one color, the cursor blinks slow if the step is empty, it blinks fast if there's trigger on it. Meanwhile the playhead is solid color and inverts when it's on a step with active trigger. It would be nice to have dual color LEDs but it'd also mean 2 more shift registers and 16 more connections and wiring for which there's no space on this 4hp pcb. It could be done with wiring but that about doubles the assembly time.
antumbra
So here's a demo, still the prototype.

If you'd be interested in buying the module please write a mail to antumbramodular@gmail.com with KLIK as the title or KLIK DIY if you'd be interested in PCB+panel option. This is just an interest check.
masterofstuff124
Any news?
Bamboombaps
first time i saw this one i like it, id take one prolly
GryphonP3
I would definitely take 2
antumbra
Thanks, I'm finalising the code, fixing bugs, but I already have PCB-s ready, in the meantime the panels are coming!

Follow the antumbra facebook page for more info (I'll update this thread too of course)

https://www.facebook.com/antumbra/
drsm79
Nice smile like the UI
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2