MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Another Weirdness from Montreal Assembly
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Another Weirdness from Montreal Assembly
smetak
Haven't seen any postings yet - and, unfortunately, no demos from Scott - but it looks (and probably sounds) really out there!

http://mtlasm.blogspot.com.br/2016/02/introducing-856-for-zellersasn.h tml
MindMachine
Whew... looks too complex for me. Alien

Let us know how it sounds. Mr. Green

edit - for spellling
Amer1231
Non idea what it does, but looks sexy
glia
i hate this guy

need this
GovernorSilver
Rumor has it this is a collaboration between Scott (Montreal Assembly) and another dude and will be made in very small numbers.

They should just start a crowdfunding project on Kickstarter or whatever to ensure they've got the financing to manufacture enough units to satisfy demand. I suggested the same thing to the other Canadian pedal maker who also made a very much in demand pedal but couldn't make more than 100 units at a time or something like that - each batch was quickly sold out. I don't think these guys understand how many peeps want to buy their pedals.
strange tales
I'm so excited for this thing.

According to Scott it's supposed to be somewhere between advanced granular synthesis and a looper pedal, although he said he wasn't trying to ape the Sonic Crayon Anti-Nautilus with this. Going to buy this thing the second I can.
GovernorSilver
strange tales wrote:

According to Scott it's supposed to be somewhere between advanced granular synthesis and a looper pedal, although he said he wasn't trying to ape the Sonic Crayon Anti-Nautilus with this. Going to buy this thing the second I can.

If you're talking to Scott, ask him to confirm/deny the "only in small numbers" rumor.
strange tales
GovernorSilver wrote:
strange tales wrote:

If you're talking to Scott, ask him to confirm/deny the "only in small numbers" rumor.

Anything I've read is from his thread on ILF: http://ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=206&t=51216

I'll ask him though, I don't think he ever mentioned how many he will be selling. Said he will have more details/possible demo video this week.

edit: Asked him on ILF. Said he'll know more about production by the end of the week.
smetak
Anxiously awaiting the demo!

I set foot that I wasn't going to buy another pedal for the near future, but this seems too good to let go (and considering my passion for the Ct5). Constantly keeping an eye on the page for every bit of info on this.
Moog$FooL$
or..... perhaps he could have some sorta licensing deal with someone to build larger batches. hmmm..... seriously, i just don't get it
smetak
Moog$FooL$ wrote:
or..... perhaps he could have some sorta licensing deal with someone to build larger batches. hmmm..... seriously, i just don't get it

I doubt it - he'll probably make 50 of these and that's it.
tallhouserecordingco
Gahhhh, make it stop!! Too much cool stuff! I'm just starting to get my head around the ct5.
MindMachine
smetak wrote:

I set foot that I wasn't going to buy another pedal for the near future,...

Mr. Green I mean Sun
colossus
Whoa. This looks wild.
dude
strange tales wrote:

i wish he would directly ape the sonic crayon anti-nautilus because why on earth has that thing not become even remotely publicly available? nonsense.
GovernorSilver
Yeah Sonic Crayon was who I was thinking of. He ignored/dismissed advice to do a crowdfunding campaign or license his tech to a pedal maker with greater production capabilities. I can understand though if he thinks of his designs as his children and doesn't want to let them go.

Isn't Malekko also a one-man operation? Malekko can pump out the Charlie Foxtrot and other pedals, plus the Eurorack stuff with seemingly less problems keeping up with demand.
Bonefish67
dude wrote:
strange tales wrote:

i wish he would directly ape the sonic crayon anti-nautilus because why on earth has that thing not become even remotely publicly available? nonsense.

Just watched a utube vid on this pedal...It looks like from his web site he hasn't made any of these since early 2015?
-Mike
strange tales
I'm not going to put word in Sonic Crayons dude's mouth (that's exactly what I'm about to do), but it honestly just doesn't seem like the guy is all into building pedals at a larger scale. It seems like he just wants to build pedal for himself, and maybe build a couple more for shits and giggles/to offset costs of building himself.

It's been asked on ILF many times, and he doesn't want to deal with outsourcing building to a different company. Don't know why, but it is what it is. Maybe his job is too hectic, whatever it could be.

I'd love to have an Anti Nautilus myself, but I've peacefully let that dream sail on in hopes that someone else will come out with something that can compete with it.
cloudscapes
strange tales wrote:
I'm not going to put word in Sonic Crayons dude's mouth (that's exactly what I'm about to do), but it honestly just doesn't seem like the guy is all into building pedals at a larger scale. It seems like he just wants to build pedal for himself, and maybe build a couple more

That's a bit it, if I'm at all honest (I'm the sonic crayon guy). I really only see myself as a hobbyist at the moment, who occasionally makes a batch of a dozen or two. Not as a *builder*, or a company. Whenever I make batches, it takes a lot out of me. In a few ways.

As for licensing, I'm mainly just afraid. I've messed up batches even when building them by myself, because of hardware/software design errors. I'm afraid if I licensed a design to have it built by somebody else, if/when I mess up, it'll disrupt their business/time/money, not just mine. I'm absolutely petrified of that. It's probably all symptomatic of being inexperienced in business in general, and also having no formal education in electronics. It's all very stressful to me, I just handle it badly.

Maybe in the future my line between hobbyist and business will shift, but not right now.

I'm glad other companies are increasingly making granular/glitch machines though! Scott and mtl assembly are great people, and I'm really eager to see what they introduce to the market in terms of granular stuff! The new pedal looks absolutely nuts! Plus hexe are coming out with a cool new granular beast.

As for aping the anti nautilus, there are enough granular plugins and weird loopers and stuff out there that came way before it. The ideas have been around for a while.
Bonefish67
cloudscapes wrote:
strange tales wrote:
I'm not going to put word in Sonic Crayons dude's mouth (that's exactly what I'm about to do), but it honestly just doesn't seem like the guy is all into building pedals at a larger scale. It seems like he just wants to build pedal for himself, and maybe build a couple more

That's a bit it, if I'm at all honest (I'm the sonic crayon guy). I really only see myself as a hobbyist at the moment, who occasionally makes a batch of a dozen or two. Not as a *builder*, or a company. Whenever I make batches, it takes a lot out of me. In a few ways.

As for licensing, I'm mainly just afraid. I've messed up batches even when building them by myself, because of hardware/software design errors. I'm afraid if I licensed a design to have it built by somebody else, if/when I mess up, it'll disrupt their business/time/money, not just mine. I'm absolutely petrified of that. It's probably all symptomatic of being inexperienced in business in general, and also having no formal education in electronics. It's all very stressful to me, I just handle it badly.

Maybe in the future my line between hobbyist and business will shift, but not right now.

I'm glad other companies are increasingly making granular/glitch machines though! Scott and mtl assembly are great people, and I'm really eager to see what they introduce to the market in terms of granular stuff! The new pedal looks absolutely nuts! Plus hexe are coming out with a cool new granular beast.

As for aping the anti nautilus, there are enough granular plugins and weird loopers and stuff out there that came way before it. The ideas have been around for a while.

No worries man, we are all just hoping you get to a point where you can make some more of these awesome pedals. Personally, after purchasing the CT5, I can't wait for either you or Scott to continue making cool pedals for us loopheads..
-Mike
Nelson Baboon
drunken post...i've gotten my ct5 working after some amazing user incompetence, and goddamn. this thing is great. Cannot but get better once I figure it out, after working through the docs, and playing with, more and more.

I've been trying to get the sonic crayon for awhile, with no success.

All you hobbyists....I suppose I"m one too. But on the other hand, while I don't make money from my music, I take it very seriously, and think about it all the time...and I suspect that you guys do too. And you guys with the creative pedals, seem to little ol'me as really the forefront of this experimental sound thing that's going on in the modular/sound environment now.

Carry on! I love this stuff. Frustration at not making the latest cut - sure, but that's because I appreciate what you do.

Bonefish67 wrote:
cloudscapes wrote:
strange tales wrote:

No worries man, we are all just hoping you get to a point where you can make some more of these awesome pedals. Personally, after purchasing the CT5, I can't wait for either you or Scott to continue making cool pedals for us loopheads..
-Mike
sascha.victoria
Any update on this thing?
depth20
Wow! That thing looks supernice! Can't wait to use it live on a really dark stage, beeing really drunk!
smetak
sascha.victoria wrote:

None!

The wait is driving me crazy!
fuzzonaut
sascha.victoria wrote:

Scott on ILF, kinda updating:
"we are making a small batch of 40 right now. we will release more info when we actually have some to sell, which will be soon (vague). also we *likely* will not be doing pre order systems anymore, even for new releases, but are working in ways that will hopefully provide a more consistent stock. "
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3