MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

My new Dotcom system!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author My new Dotcom system!
mosaiclive
I recently purchased a partial Dotcom system(thanks Giorgio!) and just thought I'd share photo of it in its new home. It doesn't look all that exciting yet but I'm really loving it already. This website really helped me get started with the whole modular thing. I'm a long time analog enthusiast but just recently got into the modular world with a small Eurorack system. I also have an empty 22-space cab stored under the table. Now I've got to work on selling a few things so I can start filling up those empty holes!
russma
Looks great to me!

w00t

I've got mostly MOTM at the moment, but I'm about to load up on dotcom sequencing stuff.

w00t
neandrewthal
Gongrats! thumbs up
Just me
Looks pretty good to me. Start twisting knobs! w00t
JohnLRice
Congrats! That's an awesome start! w00t
slovo
Serious congratulations! I'm sure you must be so excited. That's not a terribly 'partial' system, though! That's quite a healthy rack! woah
mosaiclive
Yeah, I guess it's not as "partial" as I stated! Even with mainly 'basic' modules, I'm really impressed with the sounds I'm able to get out this thing. My Eurorack rig had some really neat modules but I never was able to get sounds like I'm not getting. I find the patches I'm now creating are much more useable musically for me. My Euro stuff did have some really interesting abilities but I mainly used it just for effects/weird noises. I've already been able to use sounds from my Dotcom in a project I'm working on.
sunsinger
Really good start! Now you're well on your way to being an addict and soon you'll need a 12 step program. ambulance ambulance ambulance ambulance ambulance
Spiked Lunch
Very cool Guinness ftw!
doctorvague
What fun!
That's plenty of modular to some damage!
My story is similar - I traded for a 22 space portable system while I still owned a pretty good size Euro-Frac system. I loved the sound and feel of the dotcom and sold all the other stuff shortly after.
I never tire of seeing those walnut cabs too. They are gorgeous IMO.

thumbs up
emdot_ambient
sunsinger wrote:
...you'll need a 12 step program.

12 steps? Why not make it a full 16 steps and then you could split that into even 4s, 8s, or 16?

hihi

@mosaiclive: You did not know the POWER of the 5U! There are a lot of incredicble MU modules available out there now. Club of the Knobs, Moon Modular, the newly discovered Grove Audio, and Encore Electronics (their UEG's available in dotcom)...so no need to limit yourself to dotcom, though I'd like to own almost everything they make!

I fully plan to have racks of both MOTM and MU format.
Bryan B
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
mosaiclive
Yeah, I've already got my eye on a few things from STG and Moon. I plan on filling up at least some of my 22-space cab with sequencing options. I have a Doepfer MAQ/16 now but really like the look and features of some of the 5U stuff.
Attorks
mosaiclive wrote:
I have a Doepfer MAQ/16 now but really like the look and features of some of the 5U stuff.

Congratulations with this new setup. The Doepfer is much more than capable to drive this setup. But I agree, it has not got the looks or realtime features. Wish they made a 3x8 version with more realtime control.
rezzn8r
very nice start, mos!
screaming goo yo
doctorvague wrote:

I never tire of seeing those walnut cabs too. They are gorgeous IMO.

Yes, I agree.

mosaiclive wrote:
Yeah, I've already got my eye on a few things from STG and Moon

Might I suggest the stg wavefolder? And I hear that the mankato is also nice. hihi
mosaiclive
Quote:
Might I suggest the stg wavefolder? And I hear that the mankato is also nice

I've been eyeing the Wavefolder and am interested in the Sea Devil filter as a compliment to the Q107/150 combo. So many good options!
SynthBaron
My suggestion...a couple more EG's, coupla more VCA's, and some not-DotCom 5U modules to round the system out into a useable synth.
ritchiedrums
YES!!! Guinness ftw! Welcome to The ADDICTION..........
dude
MU Mankato!!!

dead simple

fucking rad

Suit And Tie Guy! Eel Power FTW!
essex sound lab
dude wrote:
MU Mankato!!!

dead simple

fucking rad

Suit And Tie Guy! Eel Power FTW!

Dead simple when available.

STG has been waiting on PCBs from Magic Smoke since the beginning of the year.
dude
i just got my second one. sounds like he has more? or maybe that was just for the motm ones but i thought they used the same pcb's.

dont mean to be a teasr
essex sound lab
This page intentionally left blank.
dude
pm me we can talk details. no need to derail the thread further.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1