MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Hmm......
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Hmm......
metasonix
Just wondering if Paul Schreiber pressured
Muff into creating this subforum.

smile

(Seriously, I'd rather have large 1/4" formats. But the market is screaming at me, WE WANT EURORACK. I'm wondering if once we have our Euro modules ready, there would be enough interest for MOTM or dotcom versions. It's just a matter of mounting the board to a suitable panel and wiring the ins and outs to 1/4 jacks. Main problem is the cost of getting panels fabbed. There is supposedly not that much interest, compared to Euro or even Frac. I'd love to just post Front Panel Express design files for MOTM and dotcom sizes to our website, and let people fab their own panels. )
synthetic
Paul found this forum?
Muff Wiggler
no, not at all.... was just a joke by eric
synthetic
Just making sure. wink
thermionicjunky
It's complicated for me. I only have 5u systems (aside from my Metasonix stuff) , but I decided to start a Eurorack system when Metasonix announced the decision to enter that format. There were just so many great modules waiting for my will to break. If the Front Panel Express option was available , I may decide to simplify matters by staying in the 5u formats. I think that the idea is certainly worth serious consideration.
synthetic
Have you checked out Bridechamber.com? You could always suggest he design panels for the modules you really want.
ach_gott
As a 5U fanatic, I would almost certainly buy (or DIY) Metasonix modules. I already own a little Metasonix and am fond of it.
sandyb
metasonix wrote:

(Seriously, I'd rather have large 1/4" formats. But the market is screaming at me, WE WANT EURORACK. I'm wondering if once we have our Euro modules ready, there would be enough interest for MOTM or dotcom versions. It's just a matter of mounting the board to a suitable panel and wiring the ins and outs to 1/4 jacks. Main problem is the cost of getting panels fabbed. There is supposedly not that much interest, compared to Euro or even Frac. I'd love to just post Front Panel Express design files for MOTM and dotcom sizes to our website, and let people fab their own panels. )

i'm generalising here but i think a lot of the people who would want modules in large format are probably the same people who wouldn't mind a bit of diy work. maybe offering both the fpe files and the option of purchasing them from bridechamber would cover the most bases.
synthetic
But then the panels wouldn't be yellow, silly.
Kwote
synthetic wrote:
But then the panels wouldn't be yellow, silly.

you could easily specify yellow in the fpe software. and if they were offered in black spraypaint that shit.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1