MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New One Shot sample library from ignatius -
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author New One Shot sample library from ignatius -
ignatius
hey sample fiends.. i released another one shot library today.

1861 drum/percussion/FX samples to feed your soft/hardware samplers. Unlike my previous sample library "Circuit Malfunction" on Sample Phonics, I'm self releasing this one to keep the cost low and as an experiment to see if bandcamp works for this kind of project.

There's a link on the page for 64 free samples so you can get a bird's eye view of what's in the library.

Full details here

https://buriedintime.bandcamp.com/album/undo-sample-library

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

All sounds are mono and 24/44 (24 bit, 44.1 kHz sample rate) except the octatrack sample chains which are stereo

the samples are named with the prefixes below.

BD (160) = Bass Drum
Bass (339) = bass/sub bass/harmonic bass
SNR (236) = Snare
MTL (345) = Metal/bells/crash/cymbal and metallic sounds
HAT (72) = Hi hat and hat like sounds
PRC (379) = Percussion - all kinds of percussive sounds
FX (330) = various percussive FX sounds

The below kits/chains/instruments are only a portion of the 1861 samples in the library.

10 Ableton drum racks
12 Battery Kits (battery 4)
14 EXS format kits
14 Keymap format (now defunct Redmatica)
14 Kontakt 5 kits
14 Reason format kits
14 Structure format kits
5 UVI Falcon kits
14 Reaktor Sample maps (randomly generated)
10 Octatrack sample chains. 64 sounds per chain
12 Geist Drum Kits
mt3
w00t
oisin
sounds great - thanks for sharing..
ignatius
thanks for taking a look. it was a fun, labor intensive, project. I'm stoked how the sounds turned out. there's some pretty weird FM bass vactrol stuff in there and punchy in your face things all over the map.

i know it's all going to end up in my octatrack for another Ep or something.

thumbs up
scottmoon
I need to check them out when I'm back to my computer. Thanks thumbs up
nienhuis47
Demos sound great, thanks!
ignatius
so far response has been pleasant. this bandcamp thing may work out for sample libraries. time will tell. thumbs up
Bonefish67
Thanks. Just purchased this today. Should be some fun times building some Ultraloop and Ableton kits with the drum samples.
-Mike
ignatius
here's a freebie for wigglers. 10 download codes for free download of 'UnDo' sample library.

first come first served.

use the codes at this link:

https://buriedintime.bandcamp.com/yum

zhjm-v6f3
zqb7-6gv4
n8xx-yuza
wk4p-7vk7
ezpb-e9tv
b29w-3tf9
axt4-hnjz
8ezq-5e9g
tr26-bbgu
xnmk-5ymr
mckenic
Why Thank You sir!

Just redeemed the last code - xnmk-5ymr - (but forgot to enter my email addy!)

Can I send you a copy of my ancient 8bit sample lib as a thank you?
Kent
ezpb-e9tv

Done used it. Thanks, dude.
Matos
So rad! Thanks!
ignatius
mckenic wrote:
Why Thank You sir!

Just redeemed the last code - xnmk-5ymr - (but forgot to enter my email addy!)

Can I send you a copy of my ancient 8bit sample lib as a thank you?


sure smile
jbuonacc
used 'b29w-3tf9', looks like it worked?

thanks for this, much appreciated!
mt3
thumbs up
From trying out the demo pack these are very high quality.
CountZero
Used 8ezq-5e9g

Thank you, sir!
Illiac
Also used xnmk-5ymr, but it appears to be downloading. Huge thank you for this, homie!! Looks like a tremendous undertaking.
mt3
I also used xnmk-5ymr and worked.
ignatius
mt3 wrote:
I also used xnmk-5ymr and worked.


a glitch in the matrix Guinness ftw!
Virgil
Thank you :-)
Anor
I just used tr26-bbgu, thanks ignatius!
catchpenny
just used 8ezq-5e9g thanks! I look forward to checking them out
hyena
8ezq-5e9g
I used this one me too. it worked. thanks for the freebie Ignatius!
Endling
I used the xnmk-5ymr code a few days ago. SlayerBadger!

Thanks!
mt3
Since we exceeded the 10 free codes, I ended up buying it for $10 (used to be $25!).
Blame my Canadian conscience. It's peanut butter jelly time!
ignatius
mt3 wrote:
Since we exceeded the 10 free codes, I ended up buying it for $10 (used to be $25!).
Blame my Canadian conscience. It's peanut butter jelly time!


ha! thank you for the support.
cyclyk
Congratulations for your work, great sample library to my ears!
ignatius
cyclyk wrote:
Congratulations for your work, great sample library to my ears!


thanks! nice to get feedback.

i hope people are finding the sounds useful. i've used them myself quite a bit lately.
Funky40
got me library#1 the other day.
the demosong1 was just sooo much up my alley, while i never arrived to do some "well organised" samples from my modular.
....looking forward to use it. wink Have a push2 since yesterday, hehe.


unfortunately have i just sold my octatrack.
having good sample chains at hand could have been the little weight against that decission

i know how much work it is wink 10$ looks like nothing.........Thank you !
ignatius
Funky40 wrote:
got me library#1 the other day.
the demosong1 was just sooo much up my alley, while i never arrived to do some "well organised" samples from my modular.
....looking forward to use it. wink Have a push2 since yesterday, hehe.


unfortunately have i just sold my octatrack.
having good sample chains at hand could have been the little weight against that decission

i know how much work it is wink 10$ looks like nothing.........Thank you !


thanks for the comments smile

you can use the sample chains in anything that supports playing back slices or rearranging loops. reaktor ensembles from twisted tools, max for live devices, renoise, or even some rearranging in live via drum maps and all that fun stuff.

thanks again for the support. i'm stoked that people are catching on to this library. t's still kind of a secret smile
mt3
Did I miss this sample chains thing?
What is it?
ignatius
mt3 wrote:
Did I miss this sample chains thing?
What is it?


in the octatrack (and Rytm) you can load up sample chains up to 64 different samples or sections in one long chain and then you can apply slice markers and play back slices.. a different slice on ever step. and also modulate in many ways which slice is playing within the chain on a given step.

so i made a bunch of sample chains of samples i thought grouped well together.

but if you just think of the chains as long loops of 64 different samples then you can do the same thing in many different environments. it's an easy way to load 64 samples in one slot and bounce around
Funky40
ignatius wrote:

but if you just think of the chains as long loops of 64 different samples then you can do the same thing in many different environments. it's an easy way to load 64 samples in one slot and bounce around

slicing sample chains, thats a good tipp !
need to keep that in mind
Raytracer
10 bucks! Can't go wrong. Thanks Ignatius!
Bonefish67
i vote for a full pack of modular basslines and bass sounds next... will gladly pay for it.... thanks
Funky40
working with Drumsamples in ableton Live: Sampler

a much recommended tutorial to watch:
cyclyk
Quote:
thanks again for the support. i'm stoked that people are catching on to this library. t's still kind of a secret


Maybe it is that secret that make it even more interesting...
Tired of all those drums samples libraries which all sound the same, this one gives something different at last!! AND, there are "sample chains", which is a great great idea too!
ignatius
cyclyk wrote:
Quote:
thanks again for the support. i'm stoked that people are catching on to this library. t's still kind of a secret


Maybe it is that secret that make it even more interesting...
Tired of all those drums samples libraries which all sound the same, this one gives something different at last!! AND, there are "sample chains", which is a great great idea too!


thanks for the comments.. it's more or less what i was going for.. weirdness that works and is still musical and fits in a lot of different genres.

purposely didn't provide fleshed out instruments for everything.. just starting places so people can grow their own instruments from the library and make it their own.

thanks again. it's gratifying to hear about people using these sounds Guinness ftw!
ignatius
bumping this because i've been thinking about making a new library or converting bits of older things to be in formats for various file player modules (One, GrandPa, Wave, radiomusic etc).

thoughts?

i kind of want to do a mix of one shots and synth patches that make sense together.

just brain storming though..

maybe i'll make a new thread.
catchpenny
its funny you bumped this now -

i actually finally got round to checking this out just yesterday and its really great. i generally dont use other peoples sound libries but wanted to test out an idea quickly and was immediately taken with the quality of these samples.

great work - highly recommended!
ignatius
catchpenny wrote:
its funny you bumped this now -

i actually finally got round to checking this out just yesterday and its really great. i generally dont use other peoples sound libries but wanted to test out an idea quickly and was immediately taken with the quality of these samples.

great work - highly recommended!


thanks for the compliment smile

i'm still trying to figure out what to do next. Might be something a bit deeper with certain samplers. more programming of kits etc w/modulation and all that... but i'm hesitant to do that for some reason.
Funky40
ignatius wrote:

thoughts?
.

convert what you have to mono files for modules like ONE etc. ?
make some clever folders/organisation in smaller junks to be used with tiptops ONE etc. / probably same folders for disting MK4 with the stereo samples.


ignatius wrote:

i'm still trying to figure out what to do next.

Resample with FX and some wiggling ?
thats what i do. ...having very great results

i´ve made only one Drumrack ( ableton)so far, its filled 2/3 with samples from yours. wink Thats from where i resample
makros, FX, all the CC mapping to controllers and finally the manual wiggling is in my case the key to get the samples that are pleasing me.
m.arthur
Just purchased this from bandcamp, sounds great so far! thanks for all the hard work, I know it's not easy!

one thing though, are you aware that the folder inside the zip is actually called "Circuit Function" and not "UnDo" ?

Hope it's the right library in there!!

ps > hello from a fellow Portlander, cheers!


-Michael
ignatius
m.arthur wrote:
Just purchased this from bandcamp, sounds great so far! thanks for all the hard work, I know it's not easy!

one thing though, are you aware that the folder inside the zip is actually called "Circuit Function" and not "UnDo" ?

Hope it's the right library in there!!

ps > hello from a fellow Portlander, cheers!


-Michael


thanks!

yeah.. it's the right library.. at one point i was going to call it "Circuit Function" and had it already uploaded then changed my mind and called it UnDo.

thumbs up
ignatius
over the next couple weeks i'm going to try to find time to convert a bunch of these one shots to various formats for modular sample playback..

tiptop one, grandpa, radio music.. what else?

i think it'll end up just being relevant groups of samples in a the 10-20 range.. it'll be free/donation whatever.. more as a promo to get people interested in the rest of the sample pack.
mt3
Just wanted to say your UnDo sample pack is amazing.
Your drum samples are the best I've ever sampled. Perfect and easy to mix or throw a hella lotta fx on them.
Rockin' Banana!
mcpepe
ignatius wrote:
over the next couple weeks i'm going to try to find time to convert a bunch of these one shots to various formats for modular sample playback..

tiptop one, grandpa, radio music.. what else?

i think it'll end up just being relevant groups of samples in a the 10-20 range.. it'll be free/donation whatever.. more as a promo to get people interested in the rest of the sample pack.


Disting mk4 please!
ignatius
mcpepe wrote:
ignatius wrote:
over the next couple weeks i'm going to try to find time to convert a bunch of these one shots to various formats for modular sample playback..

tiptop one, grandpa, radio music.. what else?

i think it'll end up just being relevant groups of samples in a the 10-20 range.. it'll be free/donation whatever.. more as a promo to get people interested in the rest of the sample pack.


Disting mk4 please!


haven't had time. disting plays wav files right? just a matter of renaming the files.
mcpepe
From the user manual:
http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/downloads/manuals/disting_user_manual _4.5.pdf

Supported audio files
As of now, the only supported audio file format is 16 bit WAV, mono or stereo. Any sample rate
can be used, however.
Since higher sample rates impose greater bandwidth demands on the SD card streaming, we suggest
you use the lowest sample rate that gives acceptable audio quality. All our testing generally uses
44.1kHz files.
Note that because the disting's outputs are DC-coupled, the 'audio' files can actually contain
recorded or generated CVs, so all the sample playback modes can also be used as complex
modulation or sequencing sources.
ignatius
yeah. i don't know when i'l have time to convert the samples to 16bit and upload and all that.. for $10 (ridiculous price for unique quality sound design imo) sample library w/1800 sounds i think the end user can do a bit of the work to get things into their preferred domain at least for now...

perhaps by summer i'll have some new things together in various formats for modular sample players.

currently i'm getting over a pretty severe food poisoning from last tuesday and not feeling very motivated zombie doing a lot better than i was tuesday night/wednesday though still quite a bit sluggish.
greymadr
I just got my first sampler a week ago and really wanted to get some samples for it. Generally, I was looking for sounds that weren't the standard 808 (I have plenty of those built into whatever synths/libraries). Just by chance I happened to look and see this thread and thought, $10 isn't much for some good sounds.

HOLY SHIT THERE ARE SO MANY! I really didn't expect to love the sounds as much as I do. They are so mean, so heavy, so... tasty. There are so many that I can't possibly go through and listen to each one and find the right one, so I just do them at random, and if fucking WORKS! They magically all go together, and I never have to worry about them getting stale. I just create kits on the fly and throw them away when done.

My greatest surprise was the "bass" group. All the groups are great, but this isn't a group I expected to get much use out of, but wow.

Just a quick question though, what frequency or frequencies (or just a note will do) did you record these bass sounds at, and are they all the same? Just want to know what to tune them to in the sampler for using with other sounds.

Damn, those basses. So mean and dirty.
ignatius
@greymadr - wow. that's great feedback. thanks and i'm glad you found a way to use the library that works. i like the idea of making kits on the fly. i do that a lot too.

as for note values.. that's a tougher question. there's some layering of oscillators and FM and stuff so finding the frequency will require some work at times.. sometimes. if you have a software freq analyzer it should get you close.

many of the samples are products of jam sessions and lot's of modulations and then grabbing the parts i like out of the longer file.

in the future i'll try to keep note values in mind when making a library.
greymadr
It isn't that much of a hindrance not knowing, more for curiosity and using some of the samples in the future. I'll just end up using my ears, detuning an oscillator to find it if needed.

I don't think you should really waste the time to change your workflow if that at all hinders your productivity. For example, I'd never take knowing the note over having more samples. cool
Funky40
mcpepe wrote:
From the user manual:
http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/downloads/manuals/disting_user_manual _4.5.pdf

[i]Supported audio files
As of now, the only supported audio file format is 16 bit WAV, mono or stereo. Any sample rate


just use a audio converter.
this one is the first batch converter that works for me as a computer idiot:
https://www.mediahuman.com/audio-converter/

just had a test check with some of the ignatius .wav files ( which are 24bit, which might be your problem).
the setting you need is .wav the other wav formats are specified as wav24 or wav32.
the most simple audio batch converter you can think of
mt3
greymadr wrote:
I just got my first sampler a week ago and really wanted to get some samples for it. Generally, I was looking for sounds that weren't the standard 808 (I have plenty of those built into whatever synths/libraries). Just by chance I happened to look and see this thread and thought, $10 isn't much for some good sounds.

HOLY SHIT THERE ARE SO MANY! I really didn't expect to love the sounds as much as I do. They are so mean, so heavy, so... tasty. There are so many that I can't possibly go through and listen to each one and find the right one, so I just do them at random, and if fucking WORKS! They magically all go together, and I never have to worry about them getting stale. I just create kits on the fly and throw them away when done.

My greatest surprise was the "bass" group. All the groups are great, but this isn't a group I expected to get much use out of, but wow.

Just a quick question though, what frequency or frequencies (or just a note will do) did you record these bass sounds at, and are they all the same? Just want to know what to tune them to in the sampler for using with other sounds.

Damn, those basses. So mean and dirty.


This was the post I was trying to compose. Especially about the sonic coherence.
PROTIP Layer the hits together for new hits.
greymadr
mt3 wrote:

PROTIP Layer the hits together for new hits.


This tip is not to be taken lightly. I'm a sampler noob so it blew my mind. Thanks!
mt3
greymadr wrote:
mt3 wrote:

PROTIP Layer the hits together for new hits.


This tip is not to be taken lightly. I'm a sampler noob so it blew my mind. Thanks!


And not to be taken at all when dealing with other samplepacks!

PROTIP Use software like Twisted Tools S-Layer to layer the hits together effortlessly.
Om
ignatius
mt3 wrote:
greymadr wrote:
mt3 wrote:

PROTIP Layer the hits together for new hits.


This tip is not to be taken lightly. I'm a sampler noob so it blew my mind. Thanks!


And not to be taken at all when dealing with other samplepacks!

PROTIP Use software like Twisted Tools S-Layer to layer the hits together effortlessly.
Om


S-Layer is sample sound design magic. such a fun creative tool.
ignatius
i've gotten a few PM requests for more codes for free download of the library but i've given away all the codes for promo (and for forum wigglers Hug ) that i planned to and there won't be any more freebies for this library...

it's only $10 and imo one of the better deals in available libraries especially because it's only being used by a small handful of people and you're not likely to hear the sounds in many places... plus there's 1800+ samples and it's cheap as dirt at $10 and the sounds are dope smile
Funky40
edit the thread header ?
might have been the reason for the requests ? wink
ignatius
Funky40 wrote:
edit the thread header ?
might have been the reason for the requests ? wink


thumbs up

forgot about that... i guess i wasn't sure if all the codes got used. header edited smile
mt3
ignatius wrote:
i've gotten a few PM requests for more codes for free download of the library but i've given away all the codes for promo (and for forum wigglers Hug ) that i planned to and there won't be any more freebies for this library...

it's only $10 and imo one of the better deals in available libraries especially because it's only being used by a small handful of people and you're not likely to hear the sounds in many places... plus there's 1800+ samples and it's cheap as dirt at $10 and the sounds are dope smile


Can't confirm this enough.
The other highly recommended one is Driven Drum Machines 3.
ignatius
mt3 wrote:
ignatius wrote:
i've gotten a few PM requests for more codes for free download of the library but i've given away all the codes for promo (and for forum wigglers Hug ) that i planned to and there won't be any more freebies for this library...

it's only $10 and imo one of the better deals in available libraries especially because it's only being used by a small handful of people and you're not likely to hear the sounds in many places... plus there's 1800+ samples and it's cheap as dirt at $10 and the sounds are dope smile


Can't confirm this enough.
The other highly recommended one is Driven Drum Machines 3.


thanks! and true! all the Driven Drum Machines libraries are great and well thought out and have lot's of instruments for various samplers etc.
ignatius
bumping because still $10 and you need samples to feed your sampler, granular thing, DAW, drum rack, etc.
Funky40
octatrack alert:


i feel the need to come here to rave: wink

so i have a Octatrack again, a mkII now,
and i managed it to find the Octa samplechains within the folders, wink
loaded some, well 5 in fact, memory is now full. lol
i just have two tracks running now and its allready insane, very musical, what i get out with some simple locks on the fader and some wiggly wiggly.
crazy crazy box !
the Ignatius sample chains are VERY much worth it to have ! 10$ is a steal ( edit: anyway for the whole package incl. all single samples )...........

a big: thumbs up


and some: screaming goo yo


plus: SlayerBadger!


nanners
ignatius
Funky40 wrote:
octatrack alert:


i feel the need to come here to rave: wink

so i have a Octatrack again, a mkII now,
and i managed it to find the Octa samplechains within the folders, wink
loaded some, well 5 in fact, memory is now full. lol
i just have two tracks running now and its allready insane, very musical, what i get out with some simple locks on the fader and some wiggly wiggly.
crazy crazy box !
the Ignatius sample chains are VERY much worth it to have ! 10$ is a steal ( edit: anyway for the whole package incl. all single samples )...........

a big: thumbs up


and some: screaming goo yo


plus: SlayerBadger!


nanners


oh cool thanks. i was looking at this the other day and realized i put the sample chains in the 'instruments' folder, i think, for some reason. can't recall why.

anyways.. i use those sample chains a bit myself. there is so much you can do in the OT to mangle anything or tighten up bits and pieces etc.

glad you're getting use out of them. it's still a sleeper of a sample library.
SunSpots
How did I miss this? Buying later tonight
zeit
This was my first, and so far only, sample library I purchased, very happy with it. High quality samples and very unique sounds. I like to take 10-15 samples at a time and just work those. As many as there are, I've got sound sources for a long time. lol thumbs up
SunSpots
there are SO MANY samples. I paid you $20 man, just cause this looks like insane amount of work.

Looking forward to loading these up into S-Layer and pounding away. yummy!
ignatius
wow!

thanks so much for the support. i really appreciate it. it was indeed a lot of work but totally worth it. i learned a lot doing it and it seems to find an audience here and there.

i'm glad people are getting use out of it. smile
Funky40
some feedback in a different regard:


Ignatius, personally i would appreciate it to see much smaller sample librarys !
don´t has to be less than 10$. 10$ is good.
.....to compensate for having just a little number of samples by same price could you add more octatrack samplechains and Live-Drumracks for example.
more worked out. More specific paired sample sets. totally with overlap in regrads what samples were used.


could even be sample sets with just 50, 60, 70 or 100 samples.
or several groups of 30-50 or so in one package.



what kept me off of *really* using my own samples from the modular was the whole mess of arrangement i have.
and i never sampled systematically....fail !
what bothers me with using buyed sample packs is the sample overload.
your set funnily allways worked for me by just picking some random samples.
But looking realisticly at it: what is the time worth in $ spent on evaluating BIG sample packs vs. getting every now and then a small but fine tailored pack for something like 10$ ?
I´d prefer small packs. With 3-4 good Sound demos available ( add a underlying synthtone) showing where the specific soul lies
just some thoughts
mt3
I too am a fan of smaller, coherent sample packs.
screaming goo yo

I hate sifting, demoing, and searching through 5 Gb of unrelated sounds.
Dead Banana
ignatius
i've thought about doing some kits for things as smaller libraries or just making more specific kits w/the existing library to add to its appeal but i've just not had time/head space to focus on any of it.

fwiw you can drag groups of sounds from each type at random and drop them in your fav sampler and have some interesting kits in no time.

if i add more kits or make something new i'll make sure to let people know smile

edit: i think it's easier to demo sounds since they're all one shots. can pick through them in chunks pretty quickly and copy paste to a different folder
ignatius
haven't found time to piece together new kits. life's been topsy turvy.
mt3
ignatius wrote:
haven't found time to piece together new kits. life's been topsy turvy.


Hopefully more topsy than turvy from here on out!
w00t

Unsure how into Underoath you ever were, but I consider Define the Great Line one of the best sounding albums EVER. The most evil and devilish music, yet produced by a Christian metal band. The yin, the yang.
Aaron Gillespie's "drum programming" is some of the best possessed one will ever experience and encounter. His drum sample pack is a treasure.
kitzmann
Hey Ignatius,

Would love to get your sample library for my new Disting but just want to check that it would work.
ignatius
kitzmann wrote:
Hey Ignatius,

Would love to get your sample library for my new Disting but just want to check that it would work.


all the files are wav format. i haven't used sample playback for the disting mk4 but i'm sure you can format the samples from the library into whatever format you need for whatever sampler you use.

i thought about doing some smaller packs or chuncks of the library in different modular sampler formats but just haven't had time and really it's such a large amoun tof samples that people tend to find the ones they like and make them into packs or drum racks etc for however they want to work.

at $10 it's practically giving it away so the trade off is the end user gets to do some of the work of putting together instruments. it's really the best way to get familiar with the library anyways.

thanks fo ryour interest! Guinness ftw!
kitzmann
Hi Ignatius,

Thanks for the reply. I can certainly appreciate the amount of work involved in putting together the samples, so yes, formatting them for different sampler formats would be a never ending task. Are the samples 16 bit? That was really my question, which I should have asked in the first place.
ignatius
Quote:
All sounds are mono and 24/44 (24 bit, 44.1 kHz sample rate) except the octatrack sample chains which are stereo


thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 4
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group