MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

What are your 5U plans for the weekend?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61  Next [all]
Author What are your 5U plans for the weekend?
alternating.bit
I've been quite focused on releasing albums and EPs for a while now which in some ways takes away from the free exploration that I usually can do when I just mess around with my modules. This weekend I hope to have some completely uninhibited module play.
Anyone else have plans for their modules this weekend? Perhaps doing the opposite? Maybe just rearranging your setup?
unrecordings
I know how you feel - the tyranny of the product

I've actually just nursed a fairly sexy bit of lab gear back to life so I think my weekend will involve the horrors of BNC to BNC patching (I enjoy it really...)
peachfuzzmcgee
Actually on Sunday or possibly Monday/Tuesday going to meet up with Phil at Megaohm and he is going to repair my MU sympleseq because it's all functional aside from it not outputting absolutely any CV. Also I want to see what he is up to on the LFO two update as I'm really interested in picking that up. He was really interested in showing me what he had going on.

Otherwise wait for my MU e350 from Logan (Low Gain).
trentpmcd
"some completely uninhibited module play" sounds like a great way to spend a weekend....

What I'm doing with my 5U this weekend is sort of what I'm not doing with it.... I just added the last track to a ditty I'm working on and will take the weekend to mix it down. 100% 5U. Well, sort of as I used a moogerfooger CP-251 and a lot of minifooger delay on every sound. If I have time I'll do a quick video for it. But the 5U itself will sit silent, unless I feel like just jamming....
gregae
"Re-knobbing" a couple of modules with new knobs purchased from Smallbear. The change should make for a more cohesive & uniform look. cool

A bit of module rearrangement is also likely...
eolianmollisol
Ive been toying with the idea of repaneling my euro stuff to match my 44 space 5U. Really like the functionality in the euro stuff I have but the jacks, colors, different colored leds, panel widths just makes it feel janky and have been wondering whether to start in on 5U panels for everything...financially it is probably a terrible idea. But, ever since sduck posted his pic of his MOTM Mutable Instruments clouds I started lusting very frustrating

But, in other ramblins my brother is visiting from Maryland tomorrow so we are gonna just get our wiggles on! I just acquired a used Ipad and have been messing with the midi functionality for sequencing etc...
paulstone
to calibrate , test and play with my latest diy build
Clee 8ch Quantizer

Rockin' Banana!
J3RK
I will be building some 5U modules this weekend. w00t
alternating.bit
So neat to hear what you're all doing! Miley Cyrus

eolianmollisol - I'm from Maryland too!
eolianmollisol
alternating.bit wrote:
I'm from Maryland too!

Nice! SlayerBadger!
gregae
Post deleted
kindredlost
I actually get a day off so it's going to be a night in the studio again after a loooong break. nanners
Chrutil
I will keep my modular in the background this weekend and focus on deep diving into my new vintage friend - PPG Wave 2.3.
Been after that elusive PPG sound ever since Tangerine Dream Exit came out and I finally went for it.
Even though the modular won't be the focus this weekend, it will most definitely be running some background sequencer loops and other effects for the jam..

sduck
I hope to do some patching... after i get done untangling this mass of of patch cables I threw around my neck, which got tangled up in my long, luxuriant yet manly ponytail.
donkey for rent
I'll be using my rig to record some intentionally "dated" 70's style soundtrack work for an independent film project. The brief referenced John Carpenter meets Mike Oldfield meets the Queen soundtrack to Flash Gordon...but must feel MUCH more low budget. All slightly tongue in cheek, but proving to be a blast to work on...
eolianmollisol
donkey for rent wrote:
IJohn Carpenter meets Mike Oldfield meets the Queen soundtrack to Flash Gordon

That sounds fun! Hope to hear it screaming goo yo
alternating.bit
Chrutil wrote:

What a beautiful synth!!! woah
Ockeghem
Love those PPG sounds!
This thread is inspiring me to get something going this weekend...
Flareless
Going to play with the CGS01 Sub Oscillator I recently finished and installed in my rig. I want to really explore its capabilities.

I also hope to make some cool patches for recording and sampling.
MindMachine
I will be mixing Oakley Croglin VCF with MOS904A VCF in a single voice. I haven't tried this combo yet.

I would also like to be selling my MOTM u390, but no one needs one. Dead Banana
sduck
MindMachine wrote:

I would also like to be selling my MOTM u390, but no one needs one. Dead Banana

Someone definitely needs one. They just don't realize it. These things are super monster killer LFOs.
Leverkusen
Hey, that 390 LFO looks good indeed! Are both LFO's internally normalized?

But back to topic, I think I'll build my Oakley Quad VCA this weekend to get my little DIY-siderack usable.

grin
unrecordings
I've already broken one BNC cable but got a solid groove going with a Type 415 Linear Gate, now to see if I can add an arp sequence via the Model 175 Universal Programmer

Edit: Success ! Now for a quick tea break while I make up a couple of jack to BNC cables and hope the cat moves so that I can set up a multitrack recording

drob842
Processing my TG-33 through my modular. I'm loving the explorations with that combo. What a gem that cheap old synth is.
kindredlost
Flareless wrote:
Going to play with the CGS01 Sub Oscillator I recently finished and installed in my rig. I want to really explore its capabilities.

I also hope to make some cool patches for recording and sampling.

Fantastic! Here is a basic starting patch to use the CGS01 as a Harmonic Sequencer...

I place a signal processor, distributor, mixer or vca between the LFO's and the inputs to the CGS01. Anything which allows you to attenuate, invert or scale the LFO CV. You can also do the same between the CGS01 outputs and the Quantizers. This gives you control over the pitch range to the VCO's.

The speed of the LFO's is pretty important. Remember, the CGS01 is a divider on steroids. Too slow of an LFO speed will give difficult to hear sequence steps. Moderately fast speed like 80-120 BPM is a good starting range.

The LFO's work best when they are slightly out of sync but you can play with double speed on one and half speed on the other etc.. I like to use Pulse Wave outputs and even vary the width but other waveforms work too. Square waves are a good thing to start with to see how it all works.

You can pick up gate/trigger data from the LFO's or the Quantizers if needed. There are times I just let the VCO's drone according to what I want from the patch.

The "Bypass"/"Pre-Scale" functions and the "B-Division"/"Multiplier" functions are fun to experiment with but any combination works pretty well. Maybe start with the "Bypass" and "B-Division" settings and go from there.

Let us know your progress and new patch ideas you come up with too.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61  Next [all]
Page 1 of 61