MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Poltergeist
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> KOMA Elektronik  
Author Poltergeist
hawkfuzz
Finally!

https://nerdaudio.com/products/koma-elektronik-poltergeist-analog-quad raphonic-audio-mixer
greydominion
It's officially shippping today! Some teaser videos are in this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8dIiKREw595LroUXyoBLUw_1T6rIBt _d
stgumball_pity
I'll be picking one of these up within a few months. I also look forward to more videos showcasing the capabilities!
jah_vengeance
Bought this a week or two ago.
It's such an amazing mixer! Congratulations Koma!!!!

I was wondering about the expansion port on the back.
I don't suppose this would be for adding auxiliaries for the inputs?
That is the only thing I'm sort of missing (an aux out for each channel).
toothless_wonder
Yep its on my never ending want list !!!
XPump
worth the wait!

The poltergeist draws ample current so be prepared eek!

leoelectroid
Has anybody made any nice videos with the Poltergeist?
Youtube only really showing very short vids...
leoelectroid
Just found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsLfkm14xwo
Catalyst
got mine today. am I the only one who's really frustrated that you can't manually pan between outputs C+D?...

Envisage the outputs being arranged like this:
AB
CD

You have to get to D by going from C, past A->B and then from B->D.

It states on their site: "KOMA Elektronik included large Pan knobs for total control over the 360 degree range field"

In reality it's 270 degree range field. The 'origin' cv control is also only able to rotate 270 degrees...

What the hell. Am I expecting too much or missing something?
bobbcorr
Has anyone wired up a number of LS1 Lightstrips to control and automate panning, or used a sequencer/LFO to do the same? The more I look at this the more I begin to think it has tremendous applications for live performances and sound design.
XPump
I have two lightstrips-(x,y&z+gate) and a (x+ gate) but have not used them for panning ( yet).

I have experimented with quad LFOS into the Poltergeist.
(4msQLFO,WMD PDO,modcanQLFO,Batumi) sending 4 cv's
in phase sequenced "chasing the sound around" - circular panning and also just free running random panning.

I found the diy Barton quad trapezoidal works great for circular panning and it does not tie up high-end LFOs.

=====//================//====

My favorite patch is to send multiple melodies to VCAs that output to a beat synced Delay_w_repeats/(or long Verb) that then route to the poltergeist that has its CV input's setup for synced or random panning.

The cv's sent controlling the VCAs outputs are derived from ADSRs that are infrequently triggered .....this allows the echoes or verb tails to move around the room.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> KOMA Elektronik  
Page 1 of 1