MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Sequencers for D-1000 or D-2000
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Sequencers for D-1000 or D-2000
metasonix
Apart from what I've recommended to people, drop any results you get here.

Luca Covili reports:
Quote:
Hi,just for information,I asked Arturia and they said that Beatstep Pro gates are adjustable then it works fine for the D-1000.
mecanikill
Varigate works amazing with the D-1000. 4 channels of adjustable gate length, probability, delay and ratcheting.
metasonix
mecanikill wrote:
Varigate works amazing with the D-1000. 4 channels of adjustable gate length, delay and ratcheting.

Now I wonder if it fits in the panel space on the D-2000?
mecanikill
metasonix wrote:
mecanikill wrote:
Varigate works amazing with the D-1000. 4 channels of adjustable gate length, delay and ratcheting.

Now I wonder if it fits in the panel space on the D-2000?

It's 10hp.
Magma2008
I have been using a Circadian Rhythms to trigger a D-1000 and a D-2000. The CR works great with the D-1000 but it is a little more difficult to use the CR with the D-2000. I am not sure if this is because the D-2000 is a completely different monster from the D-1000 or if it's the CR. Sometimes, I wonder if I am hearing a "double triggering" when using the CR with the D-2000. This seems to be more noticeable when slowing down the CR's clock or bpm.

Luca Covili reports:
Quote:
Hi,just for information,I asked Arturia and they said that Beatstep Pro gates are adjustable then it works fine for the D-1000.

I was just thinking about this but I wish I could demo a Beatstep Pro with a D-1000 or D-2000. I also want to try out a Zuleric Repetitor from Noise Engineering, which is 8hp, but it sends out gates.
deego
Quote:
I have been using a Circadian Rhythms to trigger a D-1000 and a D-2000. The CR works great with the D-1000 but it is a little more difficult to use the CR with the D-2000. I am not sure if this is because the D-2000 is a completely different monster from the D-1000 or if it's the CR. Sometimes, I wonder if I am hearing a "double triggering" when using the CR with the D-2000. This seems to be more noticeable when slowing down the CR's clock or bpm.

I've found that if I'm externally clocking the CR with 16th clock instead of DIN the d-2000 will double trigger. I had been sequencing it with a BSP for this reason, but switched up my clocking and can confirm there isn't double triggering in the DIN mode. Granted I don't experience double triggering with the CR when it is free running, either, I don't think.

From my initial testing with the tempi, it appears to not be the best fit because of it's gate lengths and lack of really easy ways to shorten them (double trigger city).
Yes Powder
I know my Bastl Little Nerd is able to ping my R54 and S2000, I imagine it'd work with the D-1000...
metasonix
ElectricNoises wrote:
I know my Bastl Little Nerd is able to ping my R54 and S2000, I imagine it'd work with the D-1000...

I've never even seen a Bastl product.....

What a crazy business this is; new module manufacturers popping up out of the ground all over the place. I keep getting questions about Metasonix working with modules made by companies I didn't even know existed, esp. questions by email....gets a little more commonplace each year. I dunno what to tell them.
Yes Powder
Not a sequencer— but if it's at all helpful in answering such questions, I can confirm that the Bastl Tea-Kick's "Click" output makes a good converter for trigger signals that'd otherwise be too long to ping effectively.
Kujo
I use 4 midi tracks from the Octatracks midi sequencer converted through a Mutable Instruments yarns Midi to 4Trigger mode into my D-1000. works nice, having the option to adjust trigger length per track as well as the pulse wave form with the Yarns module is quite nice.
Kujo
mecanikill wrote:
Varigate works amazing with the D-1000. 4 channels of adjustable gate length, probability, delay and ratcheting.

Just acquired myself a Varigate 4 but at the shortest pulsewidth setting i'm still double triggering very frustrating
Elephantbud
Cirklon works great, you can change the length off the triggers from very short to long per step...

Little deformer 2 works great too.
mecanikill
Kujo wrote:
mecanikill wrote:

Just acquired myself a Varigate 4 but at the shortest pulsewidth setting i'm still double triggering very frustrating

Not on mine not sure what's going on for you.
Kujo
mecanikill wrote:
Kujo wrote:
mecanikill wrote:

Not on mine not sure what's going on for you.

I'll troubleshoot further but there aren't many ways to go about on the varigate 4 so i'm assuming maybe my D-1000 needs shorter triggers than on your ?
timoka
varigates shortest gate is a 20% pulsewidth...that would give double triggers on all pinging filters.
not sure why it works for one d-1000 and on another not... a 20% pulsewidth gives double triggers on mine too.

hmmm.....
Synthead
For what it's worth, the PAiA MIDI2CV8 has a mode to serve as eight drum triggers with velocity support. With this kit, you can use it with a MIDI sequencer or a DAW smile
mecanikill
I just went and checked again and no double triggers from mine on my D1000 here's a video.
https://youtu.be/kBRUhK_h_BQ
Leverkusen
mecanikill wrote:
I just went and checked again and no double triggers from mine on my D1000 here's a video.

Sounds good - does it also work like that without an external clock fed into the varigate? What is that clock in your video?
Kujo
mecanikill wrote:

dammit ! i'll make a video tomorrow and show how mine is setup then hmmm.....
Kujo

the faster the tempo is the less it is apparent but you still definitely get a double trigger.
Leverkusen
I try it again a little more clear:

In the one example the variate seems to be clocked from an external source in the other example not. I suggest that this make the difference between doubt triggers or no doubt triggers - deepening on the external clock fed in the variate.

The variate might pass through the incoming clock but have a to generous internal gate length.

Although, as always, I can't hear the difference... hmmm.....
Kujo
I got what you meant the first time around but I always get double triggers , whether it's an internal clock or fed with an external one. I also tried different clocks into the varigate and got some variations but still a double trigger.

we should check with meca if he is getting different results with internal or external clocks on the V4.
mecanikill
Not trying to sound silly but have you adjusted the trigger length on the Varigate correctly in global mode? Mine will double trigger if the slider is set past 25% open. It work on mine with or without a external clock.
Kujo
mecanikill wrote:
Not trying to sound silly but have you adjusted the trigger length on the Varigate correctly in global mode? Mine will double trigger if the slider is set past 25% open. It work on mine with or without a external clock.

in the first 10 seconds of the video I posted you can see me in global mode putting my pulsewidth all the way down which is the shortest setting. am I missing something ?
mecanikill
Kujo wrote:
mecanikill wrote:

in the first 10 seconds of the video I posted you can see me in global mode putting my pulsewidth all the way down which is the shortest setting. am I missing something ?

Sorry I didn't see I'm on my phone and couldn't see you were in global. Not sure why mines not doing it maybe Eric can answer this one.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2