MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

5C3/2 Vactrols
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 [all]
Author 5C3/2 Vactrols
monstrinho
metasonix wrote:
DSC wrote:
You still down for a group buy? Any idea on pricing?

Yes, and can you get some other prospective customers? I think they will end up costing DIYers about $7 apiece. (please, find me a cheaper source!!)

So which ones are we talking about, exactly? There are so many Chinese "clones" floating around on Ebay and elsewhere that I've held off buying until I can verify that they are actually good. I'm interested if these are verified as actually a drop-in replacement for the original.
metasonix
monstrinho wrote:
So which ones are we talking about, exactly? There are so many Chinese "clones" floating around on Ebay and elsewhere that I've held off buying until I can verify that they are actually good. I'm interested if these are verified as actually a drop-in replacement for the original.

I'm NOT going to buy anything from eBay. Only a fool chases after Chinese gray market to save a few cents. The plan was to purchase from Xvive and ONLY Xvive. Last I knew their minimum order was 500 pieces.

http://www.xviveaudio.com/productInfo.asp?id=358

You got any better ideas? I'm ordering a sample from Modular Addict just out of curiosity.
cygmu
metasonix wrote:

You got any better ideas? I'm ordering a sample from Modular Addict just out of curiosity.

I will be very interested to hear what you find about the MA vactrols.

If they are usable and MA are able to offer you bulk pricing so much the better. There's a note to that effect on the web page,
DSC
metasonix wrote:
monstrinho wrote:

I'm NOT going to buy anything from eBay. Only a fool chases after Chinese gray market to save a few cents. The plan was to purchase from Xvive and ONLY Xvive. Last I knew their minimum order was 500 pieces.

http://www.xviveaudio.com/productInfo.asp?id=358

I'm down, any idea on pricing at that quantity?
metasonix
DSC wrote:
I'm down, any idea on pricing at that quantity?

From Xvive? I would have to buy 500 pieces and your cost will be $6.50 apiece plus shipping. I'm going to ask that anyone wanting some must agree to purchase at least 25 pieces. We only need about 200 pcs. for our own production--that amount will last at least 2 years. It would be nice to not cough up close to $3000 for parts and be stuck with them all.

If you don't like that, go to Modular Addict. They charge $8.99 apiece and will apparently give you a 10% discount if you buy "quantity", whatever that means.
DSC
I'm in for 50 pieces. That will also last me for a little more than 2 years. Hope others will chime in on what they need and we can make the 500 minimum.
Synth of Darkness
I'd be in for 50 pieces at $6.50 each.
metasonix
I've tested the MA vactrol and it works okay. Will try to order more after the holidays and report back.
DSC
Thank you for your efforts!
metasonix
We got more ModularAddict 5C3/2s and tested them in an S-2000, worked fine....however something about these things cracks me up. They have the word "SILONEX" molded into the bottom.....

This is the top side. Now I have NO idea where these are coming from.
jestern77
Hi any news on this? group buy of Xvive?
Excelitas are really not available anymore?
papz
Excelitas have a richer sound only if they have golden legs. Mr. Green
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 [all]
Page 4 of 4