MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Midas Verona
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Midas Verona
mousegarden
Hi all, been offered a Midas Verona 32 mixer, just wondered if anyone has had any experience of these desk's ? Seems like a bit of a bargain, and I'm tempted...

hmmm.....
wavecircle
Necrobump as you can pick these up for about €1000 these days. They are nothing short of amazing in terms of specs, I had a venice ages ago and really liked the EQs, very musical. Would love to hear about user experiences to see if the reality is as good as the idea of one.

Does anyone use a Verona for their main studio mixer?
mousegarden
wavecircle wrote:
Necrobump as you can pick these up for about €1000 these days. They are nothing short of amazing in terms of specs, I had a venice ages ago and really liked the EQs, very musical. Would love to hear about user experiences to see if the reality is as good as the idea of one.

I've given up on equipment with fans, as much as I try to convince myself they won't annoy me they always do. No matter how good the gear, it's intolerable, and there really is no need for that these days if you design things properly.
Ranxerox
mousegarden wrote:
wavecircle wrote:

I've given up on equipment with fans, as much as I try to convince myself they won't annoy me they always do. No matter how good the gear, it's intolerable, and there really is no need for that these days if you design things properly.

To be fair, the Verona was designed as a touring console for live sound mixing, and in which application cooling fans are a valid strategy. I don't think the designers could realistically be expected to have planned for their eventual use in a home studio confused
CalvaryBand
mousegarden wrote:
wavecircle wrote:

Take the old fan out and install a Noctua. You won't hear it and it will probably keep the Midas even cooler.
mousegarden
Ranxerox wrote:
mousegarden wrote:
wavecircle wrote:

To be fair, the Verona was designed as a touring console for live sound mixing, and in which application cooling fans are a valid strategy. I don't think the designers could realistically be expected to have planned for their eventual use in a home studio confused

Yes, fans don't matter in a live context, and you're right, they weren't really designed for studio use. I seem to have rather overlooked those two glaring facts...too much rum probably...

Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1