MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DIY 4ms SMR
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Author DIY 4ms SMR
koerby
Waiting for the lightpipes

n167tx
looks beautiful Markus
ArguZ
Hi guys,

do we have a proper Mouser project/cart for this one now ?
I am itching to build one myself smile
livefreela
congrats koerby - that magpie panel looks really nice all built up!
synchromesh
I have created a Mouser BOM project (and an Octopart BOM project) for the SMR 1.0.1, based largely on Altitude909's Mouser part numbers. I have the Kingbright RGB LEDs and the 3mm lightpipes. It doesn't have the 1x3 & 1x4 headers, the sockets, or the USB socket; if someone gives me Mouser part numbers for those I'll add them (via my spreadsheet).

Any comments, criticisms, confirmations and/or corrections gratefully received.
insula
synchromesh wrote:
I have created a Mouser BOM project (and an Octopart BOM project) for the SMR 1.0.1, based largely on Altitude909's Mouser part numbers. I have the Kingbright RGB LEDs and the 3mm lightpipes. It doesn't have the 1x3 & 1x4 headers, the sockets, or the USB socket; if someone gives me Mouser part numbers for those I'll add them (via my spreadsheet).

Any comments, criticisms, confirmations and/or corrections gratefully received.

we're not worthy we're not worthy
koerby
livefreela wrote:
congrats koerby - that magpie panel looks really nice all built up!

n167tx wrote:
looks beautiful Markus

thank you guys, the Magpie-Panel is gorgeous and worth every cent
n167tx
I forgot to post this here.
Panel looks really cool, im really happy with the results.
Here is also a folder with the files. If anyone wants to lasercut it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cv906bphnj64lk/SMR.zip?dl=0

av500
n167tx wrote:
I forgot to post this here.
Panel looks really cool, im really happy with the results.
Here is also a folder with the files. If anyone wants to lasercut it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cv906bphnj64lk/SMR.zip?dl=0

LED circles left and right It's peanut butter jelly time!
nicdro
I have the same issue as n167tx. Firmware flashed but erased on next boot. Cant use his combo.hex he sent me to correct this error cause im using discovery board on mac. any ideas? thanks!
nicdro
figured it out... thanks to koerby. you should compile and upload the bootloader as well d'oh!
i finished it but i get very little sound out of it. the whole module is super quiet when self-osc or with any input given. the leds for the env outs are super low light as well... where should i find the problem?
ishkabbible
I have not seen this addressed here yet. There is an error in the schematics on github - the values for R124 and R126 have been swapped. THe symptoms are:
1) 0.5V / octave response on the ODD frequency input, and
2) 0 - 5V on the ROTATE input only rotates half way.
The correct values are:
R124: 49K (49.9K)
R126: 200K

Acquadar
You are heroes...
auxren
n167tx wrote:
Its a start smile

I flashed it succesfully with STLinkV2, following Dans instructions on Github, but everytime i unplug it, i have this lights and have to flash it again.

Soon i will start the 7000 page Unsuccesful build thread.

[/img]

Did you ever figure it out? I have the same issue with having to reflash it after powering it back up.
av500
auxren wrote:

Did you ever figure it out? I have the same issue with having to reflash it after powering it back up.

taking a wild guess, maybe the CPU does not come out of reset properly and the flasher resets it. can you find the NRST line of the CPU and short it to GND shortly to give it a clean reset?
auxren
av500 wrote:
auxren wrote:

taking a wild guess, maybe the CPU does not come out of reset properly and the flasher resets it. can you find the NRST line of the CPU and short it to GND shortly to give it a clean reset?

Interesting thought. I'll give it a go tonight. Thanks!
auxren
av500 wrote:
auxren wrote:

NRST is high unless I press the button. When I press the button, nothing happens.
The BOOT0 line is always high even though when the button isn't pressed, there is a 10k pulling it low.
auxren
I think my IPA cleaning bath screwed around with the BOOT0 button; it had 600 ohms across it unpressed. Removed it and now it's remembering the firmware.

Now to figure out why the encoder button isn't doing anything and why there isn't any audio coming out.
bemerritt
Anyone have a spare pcb?
Jcsveth
Is there a published compiled firmware for this board? I am having a hard time getting the environment to work under Windows. I am lost embarrassingly early in the process - specifically here (from the GitHub Windows notes):

Make sure git is installed on your system. (OSX: type "brew install git" into the Terminal)
Create a work directory, and enter it.
Clone this project (SMR), stmlib, and the stm-audio-bootloader projects:
git clone https://github.com/4ms/SMR.git
git clone https://github.com/4ms/stmlib.git
git clone https://github.com/4ms/stm-audio-bootloader.git

I know it took a long time for the Mutable files to get shared as peopled considered the compiling of the firmware was a 'right of passage' but I hope this is not the case here.
mattfearsatan
Hey there,

Wondering if anyone with particular experience with STMs might be able to help with an issue I’m having flashing my SMR?

First off, when I switch on my SMR I get the LED ring lighting up all white, and I’ve checked that the STM is getting the right power, and all looks honky dory.

Next, I’m using an ST Link 2 and the ST Link Utility under Windows - I’ve made sure the utility and firmware is up to date.

In terms of what’s going wrong - once I’ve connected to the chip, whenever I try to program it I get an error saying ‘Internal Command Error’, and then the connection is lost. I can reconnect to the chip immediately, but again when I try to program it, I get the same error.

I can only connect to the STM using the ‘Hot Plug’ mode - the ‘Connect under reset’ and ‘Normal’ modes don’t seem to like me. And when I enable live update in the main window the Core State recognises when I hit the reset button, and then it goes into ‘Halted’ - so communications must be working to a certain extent.

I’m using a combo .hex file which others have used without issue, but I don’t think the specific softawre I’m trying to program is the issue, as even when I try the ‘Erase Chip’ option I get exactly the same error.

I’ve not been able to find much help on this error (that I understand!) through Google. I saw that someone in the DIY Noobs Facebook group had the same error as me, and using a different PC seemed to make it work. Unfortunately I don’t have that luxury! (And I can’t think how that would change things - although if it helps diagnose the issue, I’m using a MacBook Pro under Boot Camp, so I wonder if there’s any funnies given that they have USB 3.0 ports rather than USB 2.0…? But I’ve flashed plenty of Mutables without these hitches.)

Anyone got any bright ideas?
GaloBa
Hello,

I installed all the SMR hardware.

But I'm having the same troubles as mattfearsatan:

In terms of what’s going wrong - once I’ve connected to the chip, whenever I try to program it I get an error saying ‘Internal Command Error’, and then the connection is lost. I can reconnect to the chip immediately, but again when I try to program it, I get the same error.

I can only connect to the STM using the ‘Hot Plug’ mode - the ‘Connect under reset’ and ‘Normal’ modes don’t seem to like me. And when I enable live update in the main window the Core State recognises when I hit the reset button, and then it goes into ‘Halted’ - so communications must be working to a certain extent.

I’m using a combo .hex file which others have used without issue, but I don’t think the specific softawre I’m trying to program is the issue, as even when I try the ‘Erase Chip’ option I get exactly the same error.

hmmm..... very frustrating
av500
and the power supply checks out ok?
GaloBa
Yes av500, the energy consumption is OK.

We are inside the ST, due to the STLink recognizes the STM32F4, but we can only access via Hot Pug Mode.

There are three things:
- All the PCB is mounted (I think that this would not affect).
- All the connections of the ST, which affect the programming are OK. But re-checking the micro, I found out that many pins were not already soldered. I corrected this issue, and tomorrow I will try again to program.
- And, what about the SW1?.

Cheers!!
GaloBa
DONE!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Page 8 of 10