MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Known Issues & Fixes
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Magpie Modular  
Author Known Issues & Fixes
phidelity
You know the old adage "the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry" ... well try as we may to be perfect sometimes issues come up so I'll mention these here:

Issue 1 - Tight Tolerances on panels with pushbutton switches. We didn't realize that the powdercoat decreases the hole size every so slightly, with certain tight fitting components this may cause it to rub or be too tight. We will be addressing these on all panels going forward but if you've already purchased one and notice an issue (most notably on Clouds and Elements with the pushbuttons) you can fix it by using a sharp edged object to scrape the inside of the hole from the back side of the panel. I use a pen knife to do this. If you've already mounted this and its a royal pain in the ass to undo all the work... hit me up and I'll find something nice we can do to remedy this mistake.

Issue 2 - First Run of Expanded Turing Machine panels: Owing to a bad scan of a panel the bottom three jacks on these panels are slightly misaligned - We didn't notice this in our shop because it doesn't present much of a problem when you are building the board to the panel, however if you are reskinning a previously built module it may not line up properly.

This issue only affects the first 10 or so panels we did and has been fixed for all future runs.

There are a few fixes
1) you can reflow the bottom three jacks and angle them out a little bit.
2) if this upsets you and rightfully feel that a panel should fit without any monkeying about on your end, contact info@magpiemodular.com - we can probably work out a replacement as long as the panel isnt marked up in anyway or if you felt like mailing your main unit to us we could adjust it and mail it back to you.
3) you can send a nasty email about how much we suck and shouldn't be doing business and Ill send you pictures of cartoons in response until we can agree on a solution.

Issue 3 - Trademarks and such
Minor issue - but Olivier of Mutable Instruments requested that we respect the trademark and not use his logo and brand on our panels. This is understandable as it could lead to some confusion amongst people not familiar with the inner workings of the deep modular scene and end up putting a strain on Mutables customer service answering questions regarding products (i.e. custom panels and what not) that they have little to do with. This is only an issue for those who have OCD level desires to have everything match perfectly, so seeing as Olivier was cool with us selling out our current stock with the logo on it. We in turn ask for your understanding of the situation, which for most people... should be a non-issue.
Felnyrii
phidelity wrote:

Issue 2 - First Run of Expanded Turing Machine panels: Owing to a bad scan of a panel the bottom three jacks on these panels are slightly misaligned - We didn't notice this in our shop because it doesn't present much of a problem when you are building the board to the panel, however if you are reskinning a previously built module it may not line up properly.

I noticed this on my panel. There are slight gaps between the jack and the panel on the bottom. Though, the jacks are tight and haven't presented any issues, really. I'm glad to own one of the early ones! I'll be sure to get more Magpie and constantly send you comparisons of your various works... haha!

Thanks for your presence when working with me on my order. I felt that my money was in safe hands when dealing with Kris over the last few months. applause
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Magpie Modular  
Page 1 of 1