MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

2020 The semi modular beat-machine by DUB-Russel
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author 2020 The semi modular beat-machine by DUB-Russel
Kujo
Hey guys ,

check this out on Kickstarter ; 2020 The semi modular beat-machine by DUB-Russel .

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/394188952/2020-the-semi-modular-b eat-machine

I think this looks like a pretty cool environment , anyone on here part of the beta backers ?

I'm curious to take it for a spin !
stk
Link 404s seriously, i just don't get it

Edit, this one works: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/394188952/2020-the-semi-modular-b eat-machine
Kujo
stk wrote:
Link 404s seriously, i just don't get it

Edit, this one works: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/394188952/2020-the-semi-modular-b eat-machine

Don't know how I managed to do that but I fixed it ^_^ hihi
Maco
way over priced my opinion
and there is nothing you cant do in all major daws
Kujo
Maco wrote:

you think so ? between 59 euros to 99euros on kickstarter. I don't think it's too bad given that some soft compressors cost a few hundreds on their own , this is potentially a fun workstation with an intuitive workflow sub-100.-
jbuonacc
Maco wrote:

~$100 is "overpriced"?

i don't think we have any idea exactly what it can do, though it seems like the composition features may actually be very complex in a generative sort of way. might actually be very powerful.

your response seems to be rooted in "i don't understand it, so to me it looks like every other drum machine".

don't really like the looks of it myself, like those huge complex all-in-one Reaktor ensembles.
Kujo
I think at this point with DAWs they can all do mostly the same thing but with only slight differences . the biggest difference is only the workspace and environment and the route to achieving the results you're trying to achieve .
Maco
This

Kujo wrote:
I think at this point with DAWs they can all do mostly the same thing but with only slight differences . the biggest difference is only the workspace and environment and the route to achieving the results you're trying to achieve .

And jbuonac look for your feet and look around to find where are you please, think 99% people in here understand that dub machine without being used before, probably i would jump in the concept at 30

You can do more interesting things with 100 and again my opinion only
crystal hell pool
Been eyeballing this, pretty powerful all in one. I enjoy using the other softwares those dudes made.
Kujo
Maco wrote:

I think this is worthy of my 100bucks , I also use ReNoise within this price range and it's fantastic ^_^
Kujo
crystal hell pool wrote:
Been eyeballing this, pretty powerful all in one. I enjoy using the other softwares those dudes made.

Same here ! but I didn't know about other software they made , which ones do you use ?
Maco
Good let us know how is it

Kujo wrote:
Maco wrote:

I think this is worthy of my 100bucks , I also use ReNoise within this price range and it's fantastic ^_^
Kujo
Maco wrote:
Good let us know how is it

Kujo wrote:
Maco wrote:

sure thing smile
crystal hell pool
I use the HSU standalone and the little FM vst synth, both are really nice
KaOsphere
Contributed a while ago...Not to use the instant auto/autechre beat machine but to learn from MSP objects...Lot knowledge to grab here ! ( at least for me )
dhoinjo
downloaded the Beta version a couple of days ago. It is incredible. The workflow, how it looks, how it sounds. It's a lot for 100$
Kujo
dhoinjo wrote:
downloaded the Beta version a couple of days ago. It is incredible. The workflow, how it looks, how it sounds. It's a lot for 100$

tempting !!!
Kujo
I actually went around and got myself a license and it is a very cool piece of software that invites the user to make a bunch of intelligent rhythms and patterns as if it wants you to do so! there's a probability percentage on each group of sequencers and some interesting routing to be done! I made some techno type sounds with it and it definitely is not an instant idm/autechre machine , although you probably could do this type of sound quite easily I suppose with a software like this one ^)^
crystal hell pool
So what happened with this? Would be cool to get but it seems like they took the money and ran
KaOsphere
Some of the max objects have been released, some will be...Developpement seems much slower now...I would not expect much more at this point...

Last release is around 0.5...
paranoidmoonduck
KaOsphere wrote:
Some of the max objects have been released, some will be...Developpement seems much slower now...I would not expect much more at this point...

Last release is around 0.5...

where can I even find it? i poked around a while back and couldn't even find where I could get access to any of it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1