MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
STILL working on the logged out and session timeout issue - have a couple new strategies I'll be trying over the weekend. We will get this fixed! Thanks for your patience and sorry for the hassle.

Wiard system on ebay with no reserves
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Wiard system on ebay with no reserves

chamomileshark

Not mine of course.

http://www.matrixsynth.com/2016/03/wiard-300-series-modules.html

Curious about the no reserve and starting at such a low price. Seller is in Canada.

One thing I think is wrong - they suggest they had one of the last Omnis - it's signed in Feb 2011 - I got mine June 2012.

ignatius

my bad.. just saw the ebay link and locked it.

as you were... continute discussing module serial #s etc smile thumbs up

edit: i still think it should be here though

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=993

as it's a really just a "look what i saw on ebay" post. but whatever. zero fucks to give

choice_of_meat

Another weird thing to me about this auction, is if you check the ebay history, he's already sold the JAG for instance... so some of these are relists for already sold items, with no explanation for the relist.. always seems weird to me if a seller does that.
I also asked why they are not selling the system as a whole, but no response. Another bad sign.

slow_riot

Most of those modules are ones that I sold to a member on here, absolutely fine upstanding buyer and I don't see any reason for suspicion.

Most of the bantam upgrades were done by me,not Wiard, although some are factory built with bantam.

choice_of_meat

Yeah sorry, I do not mean to disparage anyone. His ebay rating is perfectly good.
So to qualify what makes me raise an eyebrow is just what appears to be a reslist of the same exact thing, the wiard JAG, this happens on ebay all the time, a relist, original buyer flaked, or the seller has 2 of something and does not want to re-take pictures, etc. etc..
Maybe just reach out to him as to why these two auctions appear to list the exact same item (the scratches are the same!) , & if they are, a simple explanation IMHO would help his sales with potential buyers who are wary of this type of thing? AND total apologies if I'm wrong in my assumptions, but I think I'm being fair in the sense that this is something I look for when sending $'s to other countries.... I really actually want to bid on these, so I hope all is good!
Sold JAG:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Wiard-300-series-analog-modular-synthesiz er-Controller-311-Buchla-Serge-/181974266484?hash=item2a5e82f274%3Ag%3 AZz0AAOSwUdlWgIHG&nma=true&si=M%252F0E580VY0oujuC5npoWxFkdJic%253D&ori g_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Selling JAG:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/182061470422?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPa geName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

slow_riot

Well it's always worth showing a bit of concern with high value music instruments but sometimes a bit of trust can be rewarded. I sold a cassette duplicator to a 0 feedback overseas ebayer and had no trouble whatsoever.

Hope he doesn't mind me posting, but this is his profile here:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2543

choice_of_meat

Cool, yeah, I emailed asking why they were not selling the complete system as a whole, I wish they were!!! hehe...

And someone pointed out that is not really a JAG, but the older 311 controller.. my bad.

Well good luck with the sales! I'll most likely bid, but they will prob go for more than I have.... but maybe I'll win the rails or power adapter and dream about the rest.

Moog$FooL$

appears the seller is from Vancouver....... hhmmm.

lurking on muffs?? i know of many local synth/guitar nerds, but not one that owns any wiard.

eyes...

chamomileshark

I'm not an e-bay user. Does "no reserve" mean he has to sell even if it only goes up to $10?

I'm in the UK and complete I think so I've no skin in the game.

DomMorley

chamomileshark wrote:
I'm not an e-bay user. Does "no reserve" mean he has to sell even if it only goes up to $10?

I'm in the UK and complete I think so I've no skin in the game.

Yes - that's the deal.

chamomileshark

wow. Last time I looked they were at $6.

DomMorley

Most people go in right at the end. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they ended up going for close to new prices.

chamomileshark

4 days to go. I'll see what happens

jdkee

I emailed him/her on the first day the auctions went up to inquire about combining shipping. No response to date.

confused

chamomileshark

day or so to go - envelator still at $22 eek!

jdkee

FYI - I'm bidding $37 for the Envelator for a cheap score.

Mr. Green

chamomileshark

unbelievably cheap. Best of luck.

dan_k

Yeah I have a feeling the last minute of these auctions is going to be pretty intense.

chamomileshark

stillcheap but no longer bargains of the decade and still 12 hours to go.

jdkee

angry

SynthBaron

I mean, they kinda went for the same prices they did a decade ago after they went out of production then. Comparing them to other discontinued gear, I think they went pretty cheaply.

eBay isn't really about auctions anymore, though. Most things are better sold through Buy it Now. I think they could have easily got 20% more by doing that.

MatttheKat

waah

chamomileshark

I think in the end they all went for more than the new prices I remember from back in the day when Grant sold them

noobyscooby

Just so you guys know my eyes got a lot bigger than my wallet on these and I'm not able to pay for the 5 modules and accessories that I bought. I thought I could sell a few things to pay for these but nothing's moving. Expect these to be back on Ebay soon.

And sorry to the seller, hes on here as well. Thisll be the last time I try to buy something without cash ready to go. Especially something so expensive.

SynthBaron

Damn dude, you are like the Hitler of eBay buyers.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2