MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Erica Synths Black Hole DSP
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Author Erica Synths Black Hole DSP
TheSolenoids
Just saw this pop up on MG. The video demo hooked me. I placed my first order for an Erica Black module. It all sounds great, but the algorithm switching without clicks will make this unusually useful to me.

http://youtu.be/P7X8Rur2nMc
matttech
Yeah, I'm gonna get some of these I reckon. The reverb in one of the demos sounded really nice
colossus
The Erica Black line is really stunning all around. I love the jellyfish. This sounds great.
ben_hex
Great video, the module sounds great. I've been looking forward to this one for AGES! smile
bobbcorr
Very impressive - also, I'm curious to know what oscilloscope is being used in the video to display the waveforms? Beautiful stuff!
exper
Is this based on the spin fv-1?
jarcorbo
exper wrote:

From modulargrid:
● Spin FV-1 chip
● 16 unique custom effects
● Stereo INs and OUTs
● 3 manually and CV controllable parameters
● CV controlled effect select
● Manually and CV controllable clock rate reduction for noisy bitcrush
● 7 segment display for effect select indication
● Audio clipping LED
● Exchangeable external effect boards
kodek
bobbcorr wrote:
Very impressive - also, I'm curious to know what oscilloscope is being used in the video to display the waveforms? Beautiful stuff!

It's a free plugin called Flux Stereo Tool.

exper wrote:

Yes, it's based on Spin FV-1 chip, but all effects on the module are custom.
qu.one
this looks great. really nice job.
Flohr
Sounds awesome. Love that resonator delay. I'd be very interested in testing out the entire Erica Black range.
bobbcorr
kodek wrote:
bobbcorr wrote:

Sadly it crashes both Reaper and Audacity but that's likely because I'm an idiot.
exper
kodek wrote:
bobbcorr wrote:

exper wrote:

Yes, it's based on Spin FV-1 chip, but all effects on the module are custom.

Ah, thanks. I thought it seemed similar, but different from the flame and qubit take on it.
vibralux
I have been testing this module for few weeks now. Its a BEAST. First of all - the presets sound soooo good. I particularly love those roomy verbs, but the real killer must be the flanger. I was never too crazy about flangers, untll now. Its in the same league as the Eventide H3000 flanger. Plus clock deviations make all of the presets super crunchy in a "liquidy smooth" way if You want them to be that way. Great module.
Daisuk
Not able to sit through the entire video just now - what are the types of effects? Would be nice with a list.
vytis
Outtatune
Unfortunately it doesn't do tempo/clock sync'd delays, right?
Daisuk
Thanks, vytis! thumbs up
kodek
Outtatune wrote:
Unfortunately it doesn't do tempo/clock sync'd delays, right?

No, we have another module in works which will do that, but if we will find a workaround to make it work on Spin FV-1 chip we will include it in one of the upcoming effect ROMs.
Felnyrii
Nice! This is fun! Another module to add to the want list.
captainhooke
one of the best demo videos i have ever seen, makes me really want to have this module. all the sounds it is being fed are topnotch. SlayerBadger!

great work!
thisisprisma
ohh the ability to cv the patch parameter is a nice addition...
RedLab
Most impressive. Many of the modes sound so good you'd interested in the module for that effect alone. With all 16 in the same module it feels really hard to resist.

And making a half hour demo where I didn't feel bored at any time... quite an accomplishment
kodek
Thanks guys!

Play Him Off, Keyboard Cat.
strangeowl
I think we're gonna need one of these smile

Sounds awesome!
calaveras
Wait there is more than one person at Erica synths?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 1 of 11