MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Erica Synths 3HP PICO series
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Author Erica Synths 3HP PICO series
captainhooke
These look amazing!

Can't wait for more specific information and prices. I have 3hp to spare.

Which one will you be going for?
strangeowl
I count 12 modules. I believe Girts said there's 16 different ones, right?

Should be available in a month.
slumberjack
i'm in.
thisisprisma
really cool to have so many 3hp module to choose from, Erica Synths is doing great lately! applause
LoFi Junglist
In before this guy:
you kids get off my lawn
Microscopial
I sat thru the whole display and performance. Most people will buy the whole set. It will turn you into a techno warrior. For the size they are awesome
euromorcego
they do look great indeed. They said it is 16 but i only can recall 15. From what i saw these are super useful modules, either to expand a larger system with some specific functions, or to build a small self-contained modular.

There is:
- Pico Input: to boost external signals to modular levels (stereo).
- Pico Seq: a 16 step cv/gate sequencer, easy to program and up to 16 patterns.
- pico vco: a small wavetable vco with lfo mode.
- pico rnd: S&H and noise source
- pico eq: loopable envelope
- pica vca: dual vca
- pico cv mix: 3 channel mixer (dc coupled)
- pico audio mixer: 3 channel mixer (ac coupled)
- pico vcf3: guess ... a vcf
- pico attenuator: 2 passive attenuators
- pico multi: guess what ... and buffered mult.
- pico output: modular to line level and phones output
- pico trig: a 4 channel trigger source, clock divider and more advanced patterns
- pico drums: dual drum module, sample based
- pico delay: a small delay

That is it, if it is 16 then one is missing. My favorites are the drums. Samples can be user-replaced (12bit, 44.1khz) and there is sufficient memory for even a bit longer samples (it's no Radio Music, though). CV control over pitch and exclusive mode for hihats. An easy wat to get a bit percussion into the case. Other favorites are the trigger source and the wavetable VCO which sounds a lot more versatile than its tiny 3hp suggests (from whatever you get from 3 minutes and headphones). Some other pico modules are more bread and butter, like attenuator, mix, mult, vca are all already available in 2-4hp. But here you can build a matching system.
cliffemu
Do you know if the drum has cv control over sample selection? I'm very interested to know the full specs of all of these
Baddcr
cliffemu wrote:
Do you know if the drum has cv control over sample selection? I'm very interested to know the full specs of all of these

If you follow the cables on the photo above it's pretty clear that's a no - but don't think this is a bad thing, it's really playable using the select which I think is the point smile

p.s. they sound great! Huge sound from these tiny modules!
cliffemu
^ thanks I see how it works now. There are two trigger ins! Wondering if I'll miss my d333 if I swap with this. Let's see how easy it is to load custom sounds.
euromorcego
cliffemu wrote:

as far as I can see there is only pitch cv, i.e., you can cv control the pitch but not the (two) samples that are selected.
So it is a bit different from the ladik rom player, there you get to cv the sample. But fixed choice of samples and only one playing at a time. With the pico drum you get two channels (and two trigger inputs). And samples can be exchanged. But only one cv input.
Parametex
euromorcego wrote:
cliffemu wrote:

as far as I can see there is only pitch cv, i.e., you can cv control the pitch but not the (two) samples that are selected.
So it is a bit different from the ladik rom player, there you get to cv the sample. But fixed choice of samples and only one playing at a time. With the pico drum you get two channels (and two trigger inputs). And samples can be exchanged. But only one cv input.

Wasn't the Erica dude using an lfo to modulate the sample selection in one of the videos?
Mercutio
On The drum unit, i read only pitch, trig 1, trig 2 and out...
Bartimaeus
Right when I'm planning a new system and need a tiny VCA! I hope that they can be configured for a linear response.
adam
interested to see what can be done with a 3 hp sequencer
pieter
PompeiiRuler
Regarding the demo video above, when he mentions "really affordable "
what would people be willing to pay per module. What do you think the RRP might be? Apologies if price has been already mentioned elsewhere.
Parametex
Bartimaeus
Given the prices of their other VCA's (for example), I doubt the pico one will be more than €100, and hopefully €75-85.

Polivoks VCA Assembled €120
Black VCA €155
Black Quad VCA €190
cubisteffects
pieter wrote:

Tight patching but what a great small system!
chocolatyshatner
Taking Euro to its logical conclusion
tthogs
The wavetable vco packs a lot of punch for being so small! LFO mode to boot!
ambrohski
chocolatyshatner wrote:

jawdrop woah not this shit again lol!
Fiddlestickz
Just imagine how many they will sell to people who just need a 3hp module to fill in a gap and complete a row or full case...all those silly odd numbered hp gaps can now be filled with cool stuff...well played Erica..
pieter
ambrohski wrote:
chocolatyshatner wrote:

jawdrop woah not this shit again lol!

The amazing Mighty Boosh.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 1 of 13