MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

1977 EMS Vocoder 5000 & 3 MiniMoogs
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author 1977 EMS Vocoder 5000 & 3 MiniMoogs
synchro1
[s][soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/256973457" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /][/s]

By The Edge of a Pool recorded by me in 1977 at EMSA in Florence, MA using the large EMS Vocoder 5000 sold to Stevie Wonder. Words were written on February 24, 1975 shortly before I graduated NYU. Sound source was 3 tracks of MiniMoog and some running water. Prof. Everett Hafner, who owned EMSA, had no idea who Stevie was but insisted he speak with him on the phone prior to ordering from London & personally delivering to LA. During the call Everett kept calling him "Mr. Wonder" and finally asked which of the two available colour schemes he preferred: off-white or chocolate-brown. Dennis and I could hear Stevie erupt in laughter over the phone and loudly proclaim, "chocolate-brown, Man; chocolate-brown!". I can't recall anyone else ever calling Everett "man".
Acquadar
The sound of the EMS is so wonderful.. I' ve the smaller one and love it. So strange that a sound that seems to come from the future is a 1977 one.
Pierrelegere
that's a beautiful story, thanks for sharing!
janec
Great story and wonderful audio snippet
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1