MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Softube modular
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Softube modular
mush

Official info:
http://www.softube.com/index.php?id=news150
catchpenny
ha i like that teaser
Entrainer
Rubicon and uFold licenses? Interesting.

Looks like the 48dB Filter too...

WaveRider
d'oh!
ignatius
cool. more modular the better.
dkcg
Pretty cool, but I imagine it'll use up processing power very quickly as well as adding latency. But for drones and other patches where sync with hardware is less crucial, could be an awesome way to add voices in the DAW.
Katzenjammer
Video from Musikmesse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA1lYDmKLIA

gunark
Hmmm IAP modules...just like real life I guess!
Entrainer
gunark wrote:

$29 - $49 per module for each Intellijel (Rubicon, Korgasmatron)
rod_zero
Would be a cool way to try stuff if more manufacturers get onboard.
blooper
As someone fairly new to modular/eurorack, this is so cool. I really like that they emulated existing modules 1:1. That way I can play with them and buy the real thing if I get along with them. Great learning tool too. I travel a lot so having this with me will be a godsend. Perhaps I will build a system similar or identical to the Softube modular one so that I can experiment and build patches and SAVE them on my computer then recreate them on the modular. That would be awesome.
spudboyblues
Skeptical about "sounds just like eurorack" but it will certainly be interesting to test modules from certain manufacturers. Now, the REALLY handy part is if it'd work with Silent Way or CV Toolkit to send CV out through ES modules, like Blocks does / is working on improving.

Now, if it also could respond to CV sent in through ES-8 (eventually) and then spit out musically related CV in time with the rack (via doepfer and intellijel approved emulations), that seems to be to be a legitimate game changer. (Correct me if I'm wrong - I don't know that anything actually responds to CV in real time like real modular does, as of yet. Only spits out CV *to* the system). If that's the case I could see this becoming extremely handy for logic modules, envelopes, and the like. That said, the analog junkie in me says that nothing will replace audio signal sent through wires... seriously, i just don't get it
Hazium
This does seem useful if the ES-3 integration is there. For me, having sound sources outside the box and CV sources inside the box being pipped into the ES-3 makes a lot of sense.
craigie77
pm'd for Maths Vst
BTS
This could be interesting for prototyping a rig before you buy it. I could also see shops buying a couple of copies of this to let people build rigs, then start to order modules.

The IAP seems a bit steep, but as a prototyping tool, it could be interesting.
ignatius
seems spendy. only get a handful of modules then new modules are $29+ that adds up fast.
exper
Entrainer wrote:
gunark wrote:

Hmm. I didn't hear him say each, it sounded like the additional modules are a pack at that price. Their website doesn't mention them yet either.
M4R71N
Here is the official announcement:

http://www.softube.com/index.php?id=news150
Entrainer
exper wrote:
Entrainer wrote:
gunark wrote:

Hmm. I didn't hear him say each, it sounded like the additional modules are a pack at that price. Their website doesn't mention them yet either.

Good catch, I just listened again and it could be interpreted that way (as a pack). I guess we'll see.
Dcramer
craigie77 wrote:
pm'd for Maths Vst

we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy w00t
snaper
Saw it on Messe today...well...I don't know...
slovo
So disappointing if it's $29 per module. I know there a lot of mouths to feed in this setup, and I have a lot of respect -- nee awe -- for all involved, but they qould really have to sound like digital crack to compete with all the other modular emulations out there (especially reaktor)... whereas it could have been such a brilliant way for people to scout modules and figure out how much benefit they would get out of buying weird utlity modules and stuff... well, I hope I'm wrong.
pixelmechanic
Will they offer Grayscale panels?
rhizomatik
Been trying this one out for some time. It sounds very very good, especially the saturation is fantastic. It also performs really well with complex feedback patches, can't discern any noticeable difference to when patching my real euro. Pinging filters is as close to the real thing as it gets, and so on.
I think what makes this software stand out to other attempts at modular itb is that the virtual modules are not for example ideal oscillators, they behave like the real Doepfer VCO with it's imperfections.
It's really fun to be able to try out using many instances of the same module. Like, how would it sound if I had 8 Intellijel ufold?
h4ndcrafted
Well they are bound to do deals every now and then. This looks like it is going to be great for demoing modules and patch ideas.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5