MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

mungo c0
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author mungo c0
timoka
from the mungo website:

c0

Combining a traditional bucket brigade delay with high performance computation allows realtime convolution under CV control.
Entirely digital in its implementation the delay lacks any of the artefacts commonly associated with bucket brigade devices and
includes an asynchronous sample rate convertor output for sharp low pass filtering.
The convolution allows instrument or room resonances from impulse responses to be applied to any signal, or production of arbitrary filter types.

and the picture in the userguide:

Dead Banana Dead Banana
exper
Woah. Never thought I'd see a convolution module.
Noha
c0ol! somewhat c0nfusing! most likely c0stly and c0mpletely unique sounding! c0ngratulations John on c0nvoluting our expectations yet again.
C14ru5
So, I guess I'll need four of these to get True Stereo impulse processing Never maintain cash savings again
GNE
Wow... this looks really cool.
Having 7 other Mungo modules in my rack, it will probably be impossible to resist this one.

Looking forward to the audio / video demo.

Seems odd that you would need to remove the SD card in order to adjust the delay time???

Maybe I am not fully understanding. The manual reads like you would follow these steps to use the module.

1. insert the card to load the waveform by using the "load" button
2. remove the card
3. use the "load" button and zoom to adjust the delay time.

This means you would have to insert and remove the SD card every time you wish to add a new waveform and adjust the delay time. I wonder if the delay time stays set while loading new waveforms from the card. This way if you have a delay time you like, you can audition new sounds from the card without the need to remove the card each time.
digidandy
This one needs some proper demos! Didn't think convolution would make it into eurorack, hope this could be it. Or at least a start.
FatRocky
eek! eek! eek! good quality demos please,,,
lionelfischer
woah we're not worthy
acronym
eek! love
Kummer
Yeah I would really like to hear/see some demo's of this!
companyofquail
GNE wrote:
Having 7 other Mungo modules in my rack, it will probably be impossible to resist this one.

Seems odd that you would need to remove the SD card in order to adjust the delay time???

Maybe I am not fully understanding. The manual reads like you would follow these steps to use the module.

2. remove the card

This means you would have to insert and remove the SD card every time you wish to add a new waveform and adjust the delay time. I wonder if the delay time stays set while loading new waveforms from the card. This way if you have a delay time you like, you can audition new sounds from the card without the need to remove the card each time.

if i had to guess this probably means that if you are using a sample from the sd card it will change the frequency of the sample and if you are not using an sd card it will change the frequency(time) of the delay?
Dofkev
companyofquail wrote:
GNE wrote:

2. remove the card

if i had to guess this probably means that if you are using a sample from the sd card it will change the frequency of the sample and if you are not using an sd card it will change the frequency(time) of the delay?

How does a button adjust delay time anyway?
The frequency of the file on the SD card is modulated by the frequency modulation input, and I assume that to be true if the card is in or not.
Is the delay time of the BBD set initially by the length of the sample, then pressing the button toggles polarity? It does say "adjust delay time up/down"?
Roy72
Just to clarify is it an analog BBD module with digital control, or a digital implementation of a BBD? Is it just me (maybe it's Mungo hmmm..... ) but the description leaves it a bit open to interpretation. However, this may not be important, i don't even understand what it is supposed to do.
akrylik
GNE wrote:

2. remove the card

Yes, we know you have 7 mungo modules in your rack! No need to tell us again and again and again. lol
akrylik
Roy72 wrote:
Just to clarify is it an analog BBD module with digital control, or a digital implementation of a BBD? Is it just me (maybe it's Mungo hmmm..... ) but the description leaves it a bit open to interpretation. However, this may not be important, i don't even understand what it is supposed to do.

The description says "Entirely digital implementation" and I would guess continues to use his FPGA backend.
spacessound
exper wrote:
Woah. Never thought I'd see a conviction module.

that's the Australian influence w00t
timoka
yes, waiting for good demos. if this module does what i think it does then i really think that this might be my next mungo purchase!
GNE
Quote:
Yes, we know you have 7 mungo modules in your rack! No need to tell us again and again and again. lol

I'm not really bragging, just multiple attempts at establishing my superiority and elitism.
peripatitis
GNE wrote:
Quote:

I'm not really bragging, just multiple attempts at establishing my superiority and elitism.

It would be more effective if you were 'presenting' each module in a different post though smile

Interested about the convolution, not sure how reducing sampling rate would work nicely in that context though..
mbartkow
The description is very promising, but cryptic at times. Particularly this: "variable slew rate applied to the linear frequency. Exponentially scalled". What is the meaning of that in the context of convolution?? Dead Banana
exper
spacessound wrote:
exper wrote:
Woah. Never thought I'd see a conviction module.

that's the Australian influence w00t

Haha. Darn autocorrect!!!
timoka
now there are three short audio demos online:
http://mungo.com.au/c0.html

applause
Bark
Oh bugger. I think I need this. help
tbecker
mbartkow wrote:
The description is very promising, but cryptic at times. Particularly this: "variable slew rate applied to the linear frequency. Exponentially scalled". What is the meaning of that in the context of convolution?? Dead Banana

I am guessing that the input sampling frequency is convolved with the samples and so the slew rate would be how quickly the user is able to update that convolution process. Maybe we will get more information from Mungo on this thread.
jameswalk
Looking forward to some walkthrough vids!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 1 of 9