MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Seashore Lines Hand - cool controllers by MengQiMusic
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Seashore Lines Hand - cool controllers by MengQiMusic
Paranormal Patroler

Lines- Tactile Patching Interface
触感连接介面
Lines takes another approach of control than expressive cv generation, it's a tactile patching interface.
Your patch is now linked to your muscle memory, as swift as your movements.
diagonal layout ensures ultimate versatility with easy hand shapes;
+5V normalled to input 1/3, -5V normalled to input 2/4;
spread and divide an input signal by routing it to multiple outputs;
bi-color LEDs display signals of each output.
[playing patch is next lvl]

Is this the Teleplexer we've been waiting for ? hihi

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/mengqimusic-lines-%E7%BA%BF

Sheashore!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/461239256/seashore-touch-repatcher-eurora ck-diy
Joe.
ugh, springs are the fucking worst.

when you strum them the spring expands, and as it contracts it pinches your beard in it, trapping strands, and eventually ripping them from your face.

Did i mention i hate springs?
Bark
LoFi Junglist wrote:

when you strum them the spring expands, and as it contracts it pinches your beard in it, trapping strands, and eventually ripping them from your face.

You're talking beards, but don't forget your cat's whiskers. Nonetheless I'm also curious about this one, although I'm out of space and I guess I have to look around for a bigger control-skiff...
Bark
Btw "Hand" (https://www.modulargrid.net/e/mengqimusic-hand-手) seems fun too. Beard/whisker friendlier.
meatbeatz
LoFi Junglist wrote:

balaclava, sunnies and snorkel should take care of that hihi
windspirit
PolarIceCaves
Bark wrote:
Btw "Hand" (https://www.modulargrid.net/e/mengqimusic-hand-手) seems fun too. Beard/whisker friendlier.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/mengqimusic-hand-
sromanel
LoFi Junglist wrote:

I don't get it, do you strum springs with your face? razz
EarlJemmings
joking aside, this looks rad as hell.
Paranormal Patroler
The question is how much voltage is lost when you push the spring to come in contact with the surface? I presume this is not very exact, especially based on the video above.
boramx
If the "lines" were lasers then the defoliating properties would be cleaner and pain-free.
Bark
boramx wrote:
If the "lines" were lasers then the defoliating properties would be cleaner and pain-free.

applause hihi
HipDestroyer
Wow. Can't wait to hear more about these badboys. It's always inspiring to see what Meng Qi is up to
L.C.O.
windspirit wrote:

SUPER!
Ras Thavas
Info from Modular Grid-

Hand- Tactile Slope Generator
触感曲线生成
Hand took traditional piezo barre from master Peter B, wrapped it with sampling, trigger in / out and slew.
Like all slope generators - it’s a controller, lfo, envelope, clock source, trigger delay. But here the slopes are played by you.
hold REC button to arm, then recording starts with the first gesture;
a quick tap on REC clears the memory;
double tap REC to switch off / on looping;
realtime gestures override playback for maximum realtime expression;
slew smoothes the slopes;
max recording time : 2.22 seconds
[a slope generator that sense you]
10mm depth

Lines- Tactile Patching Interface
触感连接介面
Lines takes another approach of control than expressive cv generation, it's a tactile patching interface.
Your patch is now linked to your muscle memory, as swift as your movements.
diagonal layout ensures ultimate versatility with easy hand shapes;
+5V normalled to input 1/3, -5V normalled to input 2/4;
spread and divide an input signal by routing it to multiple outputs;
bi-color LEDs display signals of each output.
[playing patch is next lvl]
Paranormal Patroler
Changed the title of the thread and added Ras Thavas info on the first post to include Hand.
READYdot
Euhm, what is the tactile control on the "Hands"?
Captain77
Both modules look shit cool.
Anyway, both modules seem to be very interesting, I'm waiting for some further info.
Any idea on price? release date? availability?
is it too early to talk about it?
Paranormal Patroler
According to MengiQi these are under production and will be available in ~ 6 weeks more or less. From our discussion so far the jacks on top are the inputs and the jacks bellow are the outputs. I think all the rest (in terms of functionality) is pretty much straightforward.

The loss in CV is minimal but it's probably not good for 1V/Oct usage, unless you don't mind the drop. Personally I want a crossbread between this and the Teleplexer but I reckon I will end up having one beside the other hihi
Warpsmasher
I can't wait to do some lines Miley Cyrus
ES
I cant wait to put these alongside the Voltage Memory I'll be ordering at the end of the week.
Would be great if there was a UK distributor for Meng Qi's stuff!
boramx
just got to think'n......

using fingers....wouldn't all of the inputs blur together...i.e. bleed through your flesh across the channels? no pun intended. no beards harmed.

there is a pretty pronounced resistance in skin, but nonetheless it seems like any two or more springs touched with the same hand would have a lot of signal crossover.

hm?
Paranormal Patroler
boramx wrote:
just got to think'n......

using fingers....wouldn't all of the inputs blur together...i.e. bleed through your flesh across the channels? no pun intended. no beards harmed.

there is a pretty pronounced resistance in skin, but nonetheless it seems like any two or more springs touched with the same hand would have a lot of signal crossover.

hm?

I had similar inquiries, here's the answer I have so far:

Quote:
Yes one input can be routed to multiple outputs, and you "spread" the voltage that way. The voltage loss is tiny, but you don't want to use it for routing 1v/oc
windspirit
You could wear gloves
suboptimal
Given the increasing popularity of Eurorack, it's more likely that we're looking at a completely shorn performer (e.g. waxed, head to toe) wearing a single glove and botoxed lips.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4