MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Search is fixed!!! Apologies for the downtime.

A good deal?? (frac n00b)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author A good deal?? (frac n00b)
DigDub
Pretty sure this would be a good deal working condition or not, but I don't know anything about PAiA.

Listed at $300. They say they haven't tested it. They clearly have no knowledge about synths either.
valis
I refuse to call the PAiA 4700/2720 system frac but that's neither here nor there. I love the old PAiA systems but this would be a terrible first system unless you really want to learn about electronics. If you want to get a first modular system you'd be way better off buying used, more recent, modules and assembling a system. Hell, I don't even see an oscillator on this system unless you count the noise source.
valis
..I'd also say $300 is probably a little more than this system would go for on ebay.
DigDub
Well, thanks for the info! haha. I have some 5U modules, I just literally couldn't tell wht anything was in this picture, and I don't know anything about paia, so thought i'd ask a newb question. Worth a thought. Thanks!
valis
No worries. As many know, I love the old PAiA stuff. I'd be hesitant to drop $300 on that system though. They may find a taker for it but it's going to be an investment in time for whoever buys it. There's a bit of a cult following for old PAiA stuff these days I'm finding but I think that price is about the ceilng of what they could potentially get for it on ebay.

The modules are, left to right ADSR, LPF, BPF, LFO/noise, balanced mod/VCA, ADSR, Env. Follower, power/bias/mult, "wing"/mult.

The PAiA 2720 LPF is probably the worst LPF on any system ever. hihi
cliffman
If it's frac you are seeking, I have a full PAIA 9700 setup for sale, at the Synthrotek store in PDX. PM me if interested. Here's a horrible picture, since then i've added a Synthrotek 8-step sequencer:

fluxmonkey
reasons to love 4700/2720 stuff (which i do): nostalgia, and it's stubborn refusal to work as expected. that said, the lack of an oscillator in this particular collection makes if of very limited use on it's lone
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1