MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

IFM Swoop as an oscillator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author IFM Swoop as an oscillator
knifey
Was doodling this morning and got this little simple but odd sequence. Very basic patch - the Swoop square out is going into a pretty resonant Intellijel uVCF.

The Pittsburgh Timetable is providing the note and trigger sequence. QPLFO, Doepfer 171-2, and PGH Envelope are modulating stuff on all 3 modules. Audio coming through MengQi DPLPG.

https://soundcloud.com/hotelbachelard/maps
traveler
A year later and I enjoyed that...
dorkmorph
same. v nice frog jam.

i Miley Cyrus swoop and still wish i had another. most flexible ifm imho.
shinko
It's peanut butter jelly time! - I just got a Denum and was planning to get a Swoop as well but wondering if I should grip another oscillator first...
knifey
The Swoop makes a good oscillator as a well as a whole bunch of other things. Depends what you want out of your oscillator though...
ignacio
Anybody have experience with Fourses? I am thinking about IFM modules, but unsure as to where to start.
knifey
I'd say it depends on what you want to explore with them. I would say the Fourses might be a *tad* overwhelming as your first IFM module, because it's 4 oscillators all linked to each other, so changing one thing on it will affect other outputs. I'd start with the Swoop or Denum. I have a particular soft spot for the Swoop because you can use it as both a function generator and a vco. However, it doesn't have a built-in VCA like the Denum, which is quite handy.

If you read Peter's manuals, a lot of it is the same in terms of how he describes the attenuators - it's designed the same way for all the modules more or less.

The one thing I (and probably other IFM users) will say is that, they're pretty wild and unpredictable, and they're definitely not easy to tame. Fourses and Sprott are particularly wild.
ignacio
I am going for the Swoop + Mocante as my first IFM modules. Seems like the right choice.
pugix
knifey wrote:
I would say the Fourses might be a *tad* overwhelming as your first IFM module, because it's 4 oscillators all linked to each other, so changing one thing on it will affect other outputs.

I used to think so, too. But I discovered that by patching into the two Bounds insert jacks you can separate a Fourses oscillator from the others. Actually, since the upper and lower oscillators already have a fixed offset normailzed into one of their bounds, you only need to patch the other bounds insert to isolate the oscillator. If you patch DC offsets to the bounds inserts, you can FM the oscillator just like any other, by means of the Bounce CV input and attenuverter. The frequency knob acts as both initial frequency and shape, as described in the manual. Of course, you can also send a CV into the Bounds inserts for bounds modulation. w00t
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1