MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dervish: 12HP FV-1 euro FX
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next [all]
Author Dervish: 12HP FV-1 euro FX
gbiz
Wow !!. That is indeed a big review smile
Thanks for sharing that temaniak beer!
temaniak
gbiz
Thanx for this fucking great module! )))
mutedial
hiya gbiz --- any update on the mini dervish? cheers!
gbiz
hi mutedial

Nobody has asked for it, so i assume there's no demand for it.

The few spare boards i had from the prototype run went out to a couple of testers some time back. What little feedback i had suggests it's ok. The only enhancement request was an option for the program advance input to change to a random program rather than sequential.

I'd want to do any larger PCB/panel run at a quality fab which would need a relatively expensive initial outlay. I'd need a certain amount of interest before committing to that. I considered doing an "interest check" thread for it, but given the lack of interest, i didn't want to spam the forum unnecessarily.
mckenic
Id be down too!
mutedial
I see! I’ve been meaning to ask for ages, and didn’t want to pester you. : )
I’m interested. I’ll be at a Befaco diy workshop in a few weeks and try and drum up interest.
Cheers! Fingers crossed.
gbiz
mutedial wrote:
I see! I’ve been meaning to ask for ages, and didn’t want to pester you. : )
I’m interested. I’ll be at a Befaco diy workshop in a few weeks and try and drum up interest.
Cheers! Fingers crossed.

Feel free to pester smile

The majority of the µDervish prototype boards went to the Befaco/Hangar people. They were the ones who asked for it originally.

It won't be a lot of work for me to get this organised, it's mostly done, i even have Mouser carts smile
I'll start a µDervish thread later today & put all the details as i have them now into that.
mckenic
Thank you!
toneburst
I love this module! This little mess-around jam is drowning in Dervish reverb (in a lovely way)...

https://soundcloud.com/toneburst/tsnm2u-jam-01
gbiz
Nice one toneburst !. Made perfect listening whilst putting the µDervish thread together smile
gbiz
I just started the µDervish thread ... linky
toneburst
gbiz wrote:
Nice one toneburst !. Made perfect listening whilst putting the µDervish thread together smile

Hey, thanks! Glad it was useful smile
toneburst
Is there a reverse echo patch for the Dervish (or uDervish)?
gbiz
There's a thread about reverse delay program on the Spin software forum (here if you're interested). Nobody got it to work that well without it clicking as it wraps round, it needs some cross fading to smooth out the transition. I gave it a try & at the time, didn't manage to overcome that, & gave up. That was some time back though.

Since then i had a go at a looper, which has the same click issue when it wraps around. I managed to overcome that using crossfading. The crossfade code in the looper might work with that reverse delay code.
toneburst
Thanks for the info, @gbiz. Afraid ASM is a bit over my head, or I'd have a go at adding the crossfade myself.

a|x
NiteEagle
The Dervish features heavily in this recording. Not me, but I built it.

https://yealace.bandcamp.com/album/to-that-man-who-once-explained-his- theory-of-the-ghost-moon
uwe
I sent Graham an email a few weeks ago but haven't heard back. Does anyone know where I could get a PCB and panel?
gbiz
uwe oh i'm sorry. That was probably when i was getting a lot of emails about uDervish. Would you mind emailing me again ?. I promise i'll respond this time.
Waz
Interested in this project. Emailed!
muelb
On the input attenuators I have a serious crackling when I turn them. On all my 3 builds the same. Is it the same at your builds?
gbiz
muelb wrote:
On the input attenuators I have a serious crackling when I turn them. On all my 3 builds the same. Is it the same at your builds?

Do you mean with the Song Hui tall trimmers ?.
technotron
Hi!

I've run into problem trying to program the EEPROM via the supplied Teensy sketch. I'm using Vagrant and the Mutable dev environment.

When I type 'dervtty', I get this output (which seems to be alright):
DERVISH_TTY=/dev/ttyACM0

But when I then write 'img2eeprom -v -V -f $DERVISH/kwikfiles/dervish-default.img', I get this output:

Can't open programmer tty /dev/ttyACM0
verifying write ... Can't open programmer tty /dev/ttyACM0
OK

I first tried to use the Teensy to program the attiny88 via the ISP sketch, but I couldn't make it work. The scripts didn't execute correctly, so something seems to be off. However, I managed to program the attiny using avrdudess on Windows, and it works.
technotron
Hi!

I've run into problem trying to program the EEPROM via the supplied Teensy sketch. I'm using Vagrant and the Mutable dev environment.

When I type 'dervtty', I get this output (which seems to be alright):
DERVISH_TTY=/dev/ttyACM0

But when I then write 'img2eeprom -v -V -f $DERVISH/kwikfiles/dervish-default.img', I get this output:

OK

I first tried to use the Teensy to program the attiny88 via the ISP sketch, but I couldn't make it work. The scripts didn't execute correctly, so something seems to be off. However, I managed to program the attiny using avrdudess on Windows, and it works.
ndf
technotron wrote:

Check permissions maybe.

you might need to add your user to the dialout group (or whatever is appropriate for your system) in order to get access to the serial port that the programmer presents. Usually you do something like:

gpasswd -a user dialout

then log out and back in, try again.
gbiz
ndf is correct. It's a permissions issue. You don't have permission to write to the tty device (/dev/ttyACM0) that is used to communicate with the Teensy.

This should be sorted by the udev rule which is added when you're installing the dervish environment. See the top of page 4 of the Dervish-environment-on-Windows+Vagrant doc. You'll see

# cd /etc/udev/rules.d
# sudo wget https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/49-teensy.rules
# sudo service udev restart
# cd

This adds a rule for a system service called "udev" which sets up permissions for the tty that the teensy will use. The rule will run any time you plug the teensy in. (As the doc states, don't type the #'s when you type this, otherwise nothing will happen).

ndf's suggestion to add yourself to the dialout group should also work.

Try either one of these. If it still doesn't work, run"ls -l /dev/ttyACM0" & show us the output.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next [all]
Page 27 of 30