MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

LCD Soundsystem's video rig
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author LCD Soundsystem's video rig
goldenliustra
Hi everyone, thought this might be interesting to share. Very impressive setup, that includes some LZX stuff and ming micro synths!

http://vdmx.vidvox.net/blog/nev-bull-lcd-soundsystem-coachella

thatfritzguy
Wow! So just a simple, small rig then? lol
Very cool, thanks for sharing!
indexofmetals
thanks for the link!
cskonopka
SICK!!
noisejockey
Izzat an Atari Video Magic in there too?
goldenliustra
I like the oscilloscope in "Losing my edge" video, really nice.
stefangoodchild
Hi All, I was the chap that got to play with all of that lovely kit, designing the patches and looks. There's a bit more info on my website. Have to say I was very green when I went in but this forum helped me up my super steep learning curve! I also had a 3trinsrgb+1 to play with as well which was lush.

http://www.triplegeek.com/portfolio/visuals/lcd-soundsystem-2016
stefangoodchild
noisejockey wrote:
Izzat an Atari Video Magic in there too?


Yep, one of James' own.
Polykrom
stefangoodchild wrote:
Hi All, I was the chap that got to play with all of that lovely kit, designing the patches and looks. There's a bit more info on my website. Have to say I was very green when I went in but this forum helped me up my super steep learning curve! I also had a 3trinsrgb+1 to play with as well which was lush.

http://www.triplegeek.com/portfolio/visuals/lcd-soundsystem-2016

Cool, thanks for the details – looks absolutely ace, very inspiring!
goldenliustra
Great, thanks for the info and the photographs, Stefan! Amazing place, this forum.

Very nice LZX rack, I like that you're seemingly using WMD PDO mk1 for modulations?
goldenliustra
What is the retro looking device above the LZX row btw? eek!
samn
goldenliustra wrote:
What is the retro looking device above the LZX row btw? eek!


Atari Video Music! Old Atari video synth
mr_coops
Sweet stuff, bet that pumps out some lovely stuff.
I keep wondering about rack mounting my analogue stuff, the set-up time onsite usually takes an age as I dither around deciding on signal flows..

were you just using vdmx as a sound decoder Stefan? Taking the live music feed an separating it our into channels to make midi triggers? looking at the Vidvox blog looks like you have a input for all the drums eek! and then the main feed.

I'd love some more info on that technique if you're willing to share cool
eth
Damn, that wide angle shot of the oscilloscope on that video wall looks insane! Dead Banana



mr_coops wrote:
I keep wondering about rack mounting my analogue stuff, the set-up time onsite usually takes an age as I dither around deciding on signal flows..


Been looking into rack mounting more, too! Whenever I bring my video hardware for accompanying a band, I always try to patch up the system design days in advance and stuff it all in an SKB road case... the closer I can get to having one video output and one power cord to worry about, the better!
Zeon
Thanks for the link. Excellent read.
peaches27
Thats just unbelievable, can't even fathom how you can come to acquire all of that, let alone put it to use.

Oh wait *looks at last bank statement*, I totally can.
stefangoodchild
goldenliustra wrote:
Great, thanks for the info and the photographs, Stefan! Amazing place, this forum.

Very nice LZX rack, I like that you're seemingly using WMD PDO mk1 for modulations?


Yeah, it's only good for horizontal or FM-ing the LZX Waveform Gen but the phase thing is really interesting. I'm keen to try out some waveshapers with video next :-)
stefangoodchild
mr_coops wrote:
were you just using vdmx as a sound decoder Stefan? Taking the live music feed an separating it our into channels to make midi triggers? looking at the Vidvox blog looks like you have a input for all the drums eek! and then the main feed.

I'd love some more info on that technique if you're willing to share cool


Well, Nev Bull did the VDMX to DMX lighting stuff. Essentially using VDMX as a audio -> artnet bridge that talks direct to the MA lighting console.

I used VDMX as a audio reactive midi sequencer to drive the Ming Micros.

The LZX Sensory Translator did that job, but to CV for the Modular rack.
f4c3v4lu3
stefangoodchild wrote:
mr_coops wrote:
were you just using vdmx as a sound decoder Stefan? Taking the live music feed an separating it our into channels to make midi triggers? looking at the Vidvox blog looks like you have a input for all the drums eek! and then the main feed.

I'd love some more info on that technique if you're willing to share cool


Well, Nev Bull did the VDMX to DMX lighting stuff. Essentially using VDMX as a audio -> artnet bridge that talks direct to the MA lighting console.

I used VDMX as a audio reactive midi sequencer to drive the Ming Micros.

The LZX Sensory Translator did that job, but to CV for the Modular rack.


Are you still touring with LCD? My partner and I are coming to the show in St. Louis and I'm crossing my fingers for some video-wiggling wink
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group