MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

If yer gonna go all the way to London(Crap cell pics ahead!)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author If yer gonna go all the way to London(Crap cell pics ahead!)
Kent
If you're gonna go, you may as well bring something cool and unique back with you.

Is there anything cooler than something already being there when you check in? Kind of like coming back from the restroom at a restaurant and they've just put your food down on the table.

"High Quality?" Yer gottdamn right!

An early Crimmus

If you hadn't figured it out by now, then you are mentally defective...

It is actually much bigger than I thought.

The cool bonus is that I have an 'unsprung' joystick on my Vostok & now a 'sprung' joystick on the French Connection.

Thanks go out to forum member Jari and also Bob at Analogue Systems for making this happen.
parasitk
Is it okay if I hate you?

Mr. Green

Damn, that is the only CV keyboard I am interested in these days. So cool!
wetterberg
grrrrr. booooh. Hisssss. *jealous*
Bricks
wowowowow
Kent
Look guys; it is o.k. to covet all of the lovely hotel weaves and patterns on the floor and beds, but the jealousy is leaving me slightly disgusted!

meh lol
Kent
I should report that, whilst not connected to anything yet, the keyboard's action feels mighty good.
You can bet that several "Kent Inc." Stupid Sound Files of swoops & glissandos will follow.
felix
Bad ass!! Awesome, you are going to have so much fun with that, and of course make all the rest of us very jealous. w00t
neandrewthal
I've never seen anyone use the keys on that thing, Only play it like a theremin. I'm assuming it's meant for alternating techniques within the same song or even passage. Could you post a video of this? hyper
Kent
Ha-ha! Yeah, people just go for the 'easy to play theremin' thing.

The two toggle switches at the bottom of the panel control from where the gate and pitch CV are sent. You can independently choose 'Ring & String' or 'keyboard'. And then you have Gate from Keyboard or that wooden pressure plunger thing.

Videos would be impossible and my camera just died and has to away for warranty repair. Maybe once it gets back home...
Cat-A-Tonic
Check out Thomas Bloch for some Ondes Martenot inspiration.

Nive purchase by the way!!! w00t
consumed
veeeerrry nice! i didnt know if those were still being made or not.
noisesource
may your blade chip & shatter. wink
Kwote
cool Kent. lookin forward to hearin it in action. i had read up on the french connection quite some time ago and was perplexed.
consumed
the french connection is undoubtedly a modern day classic, beautifully built (with an appropriate pricetag), but they will certainly age well with time and only become more desirable and valuable.
Muff Wiggler
holy crap!!

I agree with consumed - 'modern classic' is exactly right

wow, very very nice piece of kit, congrats!
Kent
O.K. I play keys like crap. That's a given and a caveat.

However, the FC is more than a one-trick pony. The 'button' control (the big block of wood that acts as an envelope generator when you push it) can also be used for.... connecting to the Tyme Sefari's 'Direction' CV input. So, if you are playing keyboards 'normal stylee' you can whomp on the 'button' in order to fire off a CV control of your choosing. Actually, it is more than just a Gate signal. It works from 0VDC up to... something that I have yet to measure. There is a Range knob for it; which is cool.

Throw in the sprung X/Y joystick & you can trigger all kinds of stuff as you are playing. It's a pretty damn well thought out device.
dkcg
Kent wrote:
O.K. I play keys like crap. That's a given and a caveat.

However, the FC is more than a one-trick pony. The 'button' control (the big block of wood that acts as an envelope generator when you push it) can also be used for.... connecting to the Tyme Sefari's 'Direction' CV input. So, if you are playing keyboards 'normal stylee' you can whomp on the 'button' in order to fire off a CV control of your choosing. Actually, it is more than just a Gate signal. It works from 0VDC up to... something that I have yet to measure. There is a Range knob for it; which is cool.

Throw in the sprung X/Y joystick & you can trigger all kinds of stuff as you are playing. It's a pretty damn well thought out device.

Oh damn, I didn't even think about using the controller for anything but theremin type sounds and normals keys with monster bends. Man that would be cool if you could "scrub" through the tyme Sefari with that ring on the controller. I'd love to have a french connection one day. Wanna trade for my midi controller PLUS A198? lol
Kent
dkcg wrote:
I'd love to have a french connection one day. Wanna trade for my midi controller PLUS A198? lol

Sir, please step away from the crack pipe... hihi

Take a look at this Front Panel. You have multiple outputs for the Slider-Ring and the Button controller. It is quite SlayerBadger! to connect 'em up to all kinds o' shit. Even the Joystick has 2 outs, with Range knobs, per axis.

Sorry for the crap pic. My real camera is dead. The toggle switches on the lower-right toggle between Button/Keyboard & Slider/Keyboard independently of each other. You can mix and match in order to use the Button to fade in keyboard notes if you wish to do so. Once again; it is pretty well thought out.

Kent
Here's the first thing that I patched up this morning. It ain't much, but it's a start. Plus, I now have an opportunity to test my freshly repaired camera!

It will take me a while to get used to controlling the VCA with the 'button', but it isn't quite as hard as I thought that it would be. In this demo, I'm also using the 'X' axis of the joystick to turn the Bitrman on/off (the phaser).

Signal flow: 3x Vostok oscillators -> Vostok Mixer -> TipTop Z5000 -> Vostok VCA -> Alesis Bitrman
Simplicity.

I should have trimmed the silence from the beginning. Sorry about that.

FrenchConVostok

sandyb
that was cool Kent - it certainly seems a very expressive controller. reminded me of the clockwork orange soundtrack for some reason twisted

sandy
Kent
I see your point re: Clockwork Orange. However, it was my bullshit slide-guitar emulation!
Chuck E. Jesus
sweet setup, nice sounds...
felix
Man, the FC is really a beautiful piece of work, both in it's function/design and just plain how it looks.

Great demo too.

I wish I could play keys worth a damn to justify buying one of these bad boys.
Kent
I really need to get a tripod. You all now know where to send one for Crimmus. I can't shoot vids and play at the same time...

Anyhow, checks it out, y'all.

The 'button' controller on the FC is really cool for expressive continuous control of anything that accepts CVs. In this viddy (Clockwork Orange-speak), I'm opening 3 channels of VCAs on the Blacet Quad Mix VCA.

Then I use the joystick in order to play with parameters on the Blacet Stonz, Frequency Divider & the ASys RS290 delay/sampler.

High Resolution here:

http://www.upload.muffwiggler.com/kent/FC_Expressive.AVI

mono-poly
Nice video!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2