FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 

Juno-6 bender offset
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Author Juno-6 bender offset
I'm getting ready to install the Juno-66 kit on my Juno 6 and just finished inspecting the synth for problems and everything appears to be working except I am having some issues with the bender panel. When I adjust the DCO slider to the maximum setting to control level of effect for the bender it causes the keyboard to shift up a whole semitone. Similarly when adjusting the VCF slider to control level of effect for the bender it causes the cutoff frequency to become substantially raised as well. Any ideas what might be causing this?
Due to the way the bender is constructed there should be no such offset and hence there is no adjustment pot for this.

Reasons could be a faulty bender pot, faulty opamp IC1 on the bender panel or a missing ground connection somewhere. Very hard to tell without access to the synth.

After the Juno-66 install you will be able to correct for this behaviour via the 'pitch bend calibration' procedure, but this is not a real fix however, rather a workaround..
Just a quick follow up. I took apart the bender panel today and cleaned the board and vacuumed out all the little dust and debris accumulated in there over the years. Cleaned and tightened the chassis grounding lugs on the panel and voila, works perfectly now. Thanks for your help and quick reply.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Page 1 of 1