MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

chase bliss - tonal recall
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author chase bliss - tonal recall
justscratch
[/video]
MindMachine
Lots of variations. Sounds real good on the guitar there. Thanks for sharing the find.

I need to swear off pedals for a while. Or sell them all and start fresh.
smetak
MindMachine wrote:
I need to swear off pedals for a while. Or sell them all and start fresh.

Hahaha! Same here!

At first, when I saw the demo, I instantly went, "Must have!" - but realized that I had bought the second version of the Warped Vinyl and never got to use it! Man, I have to lay off this pedal hoarding thing I caught! Whew! Getting out of hand!
drowld
Dang wallet killer thoses knobs demo.
Such a nice device but i have plenty of delayz now Dead Banana

@smetak why aren't you using the warped vinyl ?
smetak
drowld wrote:
@smetak why aren't you using the warped vinyl ?

Good question - intimidated by all the dip switches? Hahahaha.....

The problem is that I got the Warped Vinyl with scores of other and likewise fascinating pedals, which I'm still trying out - the combinations and sounds open to infinit possibilities. This past weekend, I've been fooling around with the Particle, an effect that seems to be life-changing, very unique, brilliant little box. Have been able to combine it with a fuzz and with the Ct5, modulated via an expression pedal, creating a wild, pulsating drone, like inviting Philip Glass over for some acid....the sounds are just amazing!

I remember when I was a teenager back in the 80s, starting on guitar, we only had a few (and terribly expensive) Boss stompboxes to fool around with. The only thing you could do was color the tone a bit and that was about it. Today, its amazing what these things can do - and if you don't really spend the proper time with the gear, you will be missing out a good deal. Like the Geiger Counter - I have it for a good many years now and it never ceases to surprise me. Both as a stompbox and in its euro version, very impressive.

That said, yes, its kind of insane buying such an expensive stompbox and after months of its purchase I haven't touched the thing. But I will get around to it, hopefully......
peaches27
This pedal excites me, could kick my DMM.

On a side note, I think I've owned every chase bliss pedal now, mostly thanks to knobs.
mrbloor
bumped into this review the other day and I was immediately excited, it sounds so bad it's amazing hihi
rowsbywoof
I am over-saturated with delays. I have some amazing analog and digital delay pedals, and it's near impossible to justify this... I still want it. That's an El Capistan killer if I ever saw one, and it sounds loads better. Course, it costs about twice the price too.

I doubt I'll ever own one of these, but I can still say I'd be happy to.
maltemark
Sounds great.
moylando
I feel like I would have problems accurately stomping switches that close together.
polyslax
It's a great pedal, and it comes in a blue wooden box. love
smetak
The Recall has been sitting on my board between two Dittos for the past month or so.

Have barely touched the dip switches (aside from the buffer - switched to trails) - it has a very distinctive wobbly sound, which can become very outlandish if you mess around with the modulation.

An early and very tentative criticism I have is on the delay time, which goes only to 540 msc; compared, say, to an Empress that's 2.8 seconds, I found this to be a drag, a bit of a limitation - must say, I would expect something longer. Surprisingly, I was able to dial in a chorus effect that I found more stunning than the delay itself. But, again, the Recall is more about the tone, on creating distinct frequencies, than being just another delay.

In a way, I do miss my Catalinbread Echorec (which has gone to retirement, after I got a Tonal Recall).

But after all is said and done, I found it an excellent little machine, with its own character, an impressively built effect. Have yet to scratch the surface of this thing - very complex for a stompbox.

Oh, yeah, the patina-blue wooden box, which it comes in, is a plus!
polyslax
smetak wrote:
An early and very tentative criticism I have is on the delay time, which goes only to 540 msc

Exactly what I said on another board. I understand that's life with BBD chips being used, but I want longer delays out of this beast.
boboter
I absolutely love this pedal, it's all the analog delay I need. True, longer delay times would be even better, but I find it works best when used as an "atmospheric delay". Like when it's not about a precise timing but about soundscapes. Modulating the parameters with the ramp function kinda underlines that purpose. Ramping the delay time in L+S-mode from high to max is just beautiful.
dkcg
Heads up to my brothers in Muff, ProGuitar Shop has a Bstock pedal in stock for about $80 off new right now. I'd get it, but just blew my wad on a Echosex the other week. I've gotten Bstock pedals from them before, mine have worked fine, sometimes might not have a box from being a demo unit.
smetak
dkcg wrote:
I've gotten Bstock pedals from them before, mine have worked fine, sometimes might not have a box from being a demo unit.

You'll miss out on the box!
dkcg
Every B stock pedal I've bought from them had a box except an Effectrode compressor. No blemishes or anything, just no box as it was a demo. The markdown was enough where a box really didn't matter to me. It replaced a Diamond Compressor, I miss it sometimes. It was more transparent and less squishy as the effectrode.

I bet they have the box, and they're pretty quick about email inquiries. I'd get it, but already have 5 delays and a looper on my 2 pedalboards and on the waiting list for the hexe, plus a few more delays not on the board incuding the MF104m which seems to cover most of what the CB does, but that dual mode is interesting.

But I can put off getting another delay... heheheh
smetak
dkcg wrote:
I bet they have the box, and they're pretty quick about email inquiries. I'd get it, but already have 5 delays and a looper on my 2 pedalboards and on the waiting list for the hexe, plus a few more delays not on the board incuding the MF104m which seems to cover most of what the CB does, but that dual mode is interesting.

But I can put off getting another delay... heheheh

I currently have three delays on the board (Particle, Raster & Tonal Recall) and two reverbs (Afterneath & Neunaber), together with a Ct5 (delay? looper?) and two Dittos. Curiously, none are, in anyway, redundant and work impressively well - took me years and a good deal of $$$ to find a set up that finally works well for me (only heaven knows how many delays and reverbs I have stashed away - should start selling some of the stuff). Although Earthquaker's Avalanche Run seems really nice......hopefully, I'll resist burning my account the next time I drop off at Main Drag......

Took a look at the Hexe - didn't know the pedal - interesting, but the demos didn't really cut if for me - and the price is really, really up there.

And, yes, the patina blue box!!!
dan_p
Tempted to get one of these, has anyone tried them with a line input? OK?
dadek
I have a different chase bliss pedal that I use with synths and all sorts of signals. Has no problems with the whole range of levels. thumbs up
Liddlepud
Mine doesn't handle line level and distorts when connected to a synth. I'm using the Radial EXTC-SA and it sounds a lot better in a dark BBD kind of way
macsearcher
dkcg wrote:
I'd get it, but just blew my wad on a Echosex the other week.

I like this sentence.
ExtrasensoryPerception
I sold mine. I was very excited about it, having been a happy Warped Vinyl user for a long time, but the Tonal Recall didn't add anything interesting to synth sources, in my opinion.

I still prefer a Way Huge SupaPuss to this, any day.

De gustibus non est disputandum!

EP
adolfgottmann
I wonder how to achieve the warm saturated sound that I hear starting from 1:45. I mean without buying a dedicated pedal, and without the delay stuff, just the tone. i'm no guitarist, I'm into modular synths, so a lo pass filter and a slow Lfo modulating the pitch would be the obvious starting point...
An then what?
maybe a compressor pedal? Anyone would do, or there are best candidates for the task?
Possibly A low gain overdrive for a bit of dirt? minifooger drive maybe?
Strymon deco for tape saturation?
Suggestions?
polyslax
polyslax wrote:
smetak wrote:
An early and very tentative criticism I have is on the delay time, which goes only to 540 msc

Exactly what I said on another board. I understand that's life with BBD chips being used, but I want longer delays out of this beast.

Needless to say, my Tonal Recall is on its way to Minnesota for the Red Knob Mod. cool
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2