MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

PT2399 delay kit - Decay Systems Khronos
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author PT2399 delay kit - Decay Systems Khronos
citixen
Hi all,

Not sure if this is encouraged or even allowed - so please tell me to piss off if needed! I would have shoved this in the for sale forum obv, but I've not posted anough..
ANYWAY - the story goes, I was looking for a cheapish DIY delay module and all the ones I could find were unavailable or stupidly priced.
So I designed my own... Nothing fancy - just a delay with some modulation on the time. I got a few boards made.
And now I'm selling them as I figure other people might be looking for something similar. They're not super-flashy - but then, they're as cheap as I can make the current version - and they work!

Kits and boards are @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/DecaySystems - and also on ebay, if you search. If anyone's interested, stick in "MUFFWIGGLERS" at checkout on Etsy for a couple of quid off until the 15th. Sorry it's not much of a discount - I'm really just trying to cover my costs here and I'm pretty tight on that already!

This is my first foray into design for eurorack - I'm more of a guitar pedal type of guy normally. So that's my excuse for leaving a volume control on the damned thing smile
citixen
Scratch that - the discount code would be "MUFFWIGGLES" because I can't type.
sduck
As long as you're not selling it directly here, it's ok to post about sales on other sites. So you're fine.
duff
Bargain w00t
Jarno
Great panel!
spotta
Nice, I have one more PT in the parts bin so grabbed a PCB&Panel
Cheers for the discount
Miley Cyrus
SmartBits
Just ordered, nice bargain indeed. Thanks for the discount! w00t
4floorsofwhores
Ordered. Thanks for the discount smile looking forward to this
cretaceousear
ordered! coolio thumbs up
4floorsofwhores
Kit arrived this morning. Fantastic build and sounds as good as 2399 delays at 3 times the price. Can't wait to see what you do next
SmartBits
Got a shipping notice this morning and a small refund, apparently the shipping costs were a bit lower then expected. So great service already, looking forward to building the module!
@4floorsofwhores: that's a quick build! Was it easy?
4floorsofwhores
Yeah it was pretty straight forward
monno
Turns out i was logged into my girlfriends etsy account while checking it out. She spotted it while tallying up orders and when i woke up she´d ordered me one. Yay! There´s always room for more delay.
GilgaFrank
My kit just arrived. My brother has bought two of the panels and PCB's, £45 for a CV mod delay has to be a bargain!

mbroers
thanks, ordered - excited!

was contemplating getting a 2nd synthrotek eko or 1st synthrotek dly but trying this instead for a little spice, thanks for offering up the discount!
SoundPool
can the chip be pushed to break-up point in this circuit on the delay time, or would it require some value adjustments?
Grumskiz
Just got my PCB and Panel set. Looks great!
GilgaFrank
First test, works perfectly and sounds good and crunchy. Straightforward build, much easier than the System X stuff I've built in the last weeks. Highly recommended for that 8HP space you have in your rack that just begs to be filled with something exotic.

I'd suggest adding the module to Modular Grid too, if it ain't on there then a lot of obsessive modular owners will be unhappy.

j_p_higgins
SoundPool wrote:
can the chip be pushed to break-up point in this circuit on the delay time, or would it require some value adjustments?

I was wondering this too, couldn't hear the chip going past its normal working limits in the demo so I'm guessing maybe not without some value adjustments?
stochasticfats
Ordered Sunday night, arrived this morning! Looking forward to getting stuck in. Thanks citixen nanners
ehafh
j_p_higgins wrote:
SoundPool wrote:

I was wondering this too, couldn't hear the chip going past its normal working limits in the demo so I'm guessing maybe not without some value adjustments?

on a pt2399 delay pedal i have, changing the repeats pot to something way higher like 1 meg made it easily go into crunchy feedback mode.
i changed nothing else in the circuit on that. unsure if this is useful info! haha.
jonnosan
I got my package today, took me about 3 hrs from finding my soldering iron till I was plugging it in my rack for a test run. I am sure someone competent would do it much faster - I wasted a lot of time cleaning solder splashes out holes adjacent to the one I was soldering.

Time for bed now so didn't do much more than a quick knob-twiddling but as far as I can tell it's all working
It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners

Will hopefully have a proper jam tomorrow night.
SmartBits
Built it this weekend, pretty straightforward. I couldn't find the build doc on the Etsy site, so built it without that without a problem (it's here btw: https://www.dropbox.com/s/60nyyihwcopfqcx/Khronos%20v1.2%20build%20doc .pdf?dl=0 ).
Nice addition to my system for a great price, thanks citixen!
SmartBits
Added the module to ModularGrid:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/other-unknown-khronos
cretaceousear
Can Citixen or anyone else confirm these are the Tayda Davies knobs?

I need to order 50 knobs and these seem good to me.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3