MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[FYI] Infrared Proximity Sensor CV generator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Author [FYI] Infrared Proximity Sensor CV generator
klanglicht
Hi Jarno
Do you still have some proximity sensor boards?
Cheers Sascha
Jarno
Ack! Double post! help
Jarno
Oblivion wrote:
Jarno,

I finally got around to building my first one last night and . . . .

I burned up R7 and R8. I am CERTAIN the power is keyed the right way round, even measured the voltage. So I'm guessing I put the TL072 down backwards and the low-Ohm resistors protected it? Or at least tried to? Does that seem reasonable? I'll build up my second one and see how that goes . . . .

Edit to confirm: I put the TL072 down the wrong way 'round despite clear instructions for "chamfered side is towards the 10r resistor." Not sure how I botched that.

One more edit to say the sacrificial protection resistors did their jobs - did my first hot-air rework and flipped the chip, replaced the 10R's and it was good to go. This'll be fun.

Don't think I saw this reply earlier (really should subscribe to this thread), but that's good news! And you actually re-used the chip, kudos!
I usually use the dremel to get rid of wayward IC's and replace them with shiny new ones grin

klanglicht wrote:
Hi Jarno
Do you still have some proximity sensor boards?
Cheers Sascha

Probably have a few left, PM me, I'll check tonight.
oberkorn
Quote:
Probably have a few left, PM me, I'll check tonight.

also interest here, PM'd
Oblivion
Jarno wrote:
And you actually re-used the chip, kudos!
I usually use the dremel to get rid of wayward IC's and replace them with shiny new ones grin

My first use of my hot-air gun. wink
instruments of things
This may be interesting for you:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/instrumentsofthings/24sink-eurora ck-module

It's a wireless sensor interface with 16 multimode outputs supporting OSC and Bluetooth MIDI.
Bundles including motion sensors with 9 degress of freedom sensor fusion are available as well (up to 7 motion sensors via Bluetooth LE simultaneously).
Also suitable for low latency applications (e.g. triggering percussion sounds).

The kickstarter project is currently live (21 days left!) and got great reactions at this year's Superbooth. Check it out for some demo videos and more information.
av500
but does it do proximity? wink
instruments of things
av500 wrote:
but does it do proximity? wink

You could use a Kinect with simpleKinect and send the position in space via OSC:)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Page 3 of 3