MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mutant Hi-hats DIY open hi-hat problem
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Author Mutant Hi-hats DIY open hi-hat problem
danfan
Hello all, wondering if I could get some feedback on this.

Just built a kit and the closed hi-hat and filter work, no problems. But for some reason, the open hi-hat will not trigger/LED doesn't light from the trig input.

If I feed a trigger to the right side of R14, the open hihat triggers and the LED lights. The drive is working on it as well. However the decay pot/decay trimmer doesn't change anything.

Things I have done so far:
-Checked continuity on all pin headers
-Checked the continuity of the jack in question
-Re-flowed every solder joint on all three boards
-Checked orientation/Tested all transistors and diodes with meter
-Swapped all ICs

No change at all (better or worse). Still having the same problem. I'm stumped. Could it be that the vactrol is dead? Are there any errors with the v1.10 board?

Any help much appreciated.
danfan
FOUND THE PROBLEM!

Pays to know the resistor codes I guess...I don't have any 2.2 Ohm resistors in the "shop" nor did I have any in the mouser cart. But I guess some employee at mouser gave me a 2.2 Ohm resistor instead of 22 Meg for R39.
ronski
Thanks for this post, you pointed me in the right direction.
I had the exact same issue as you...
Have to still check this in my "lab" what resistors mouser gave me.
Me too I have no 2.2 ohm resistors, still managed to solder a 2.2 ohm resistor right at the spot where the 22M resistor goes grin
ronski
Finally made it to my studio. Just checked the 22M ohm reistors from mouser.
Turns out that I also received wrong values from mouser. The package says 22m ohm, but inside are 2.2 ohm resistors.....

danfan wrote:
FOUND THE PROBLEM!

Pays to know the resistor codes I guess...I don't have any 2.2 Ohm resistors in the "shop" nor did I have any in the mouser cart. But I guess some employee at mouser gave me a 2.2 Ohm resistor instead of 22 Meg for R39.
billak
Hi guys, just chiming in to say I had the *exact* same issue with that particular resistor and from Mouser as well. I think it was a 2ohm instead of 22M they gave me.

Someone at Mouser needs new glasses.
ronski
Hahaha

They've send me replacements, I was worried that they would be the wrong value again but luckily they weren't wink

billak wrote:
Hi guys, just chiming in to say I had the *exact* same issue with that particular resistor and from Mouser as well. I think it was a 2ohm instead of 22M they gave me.

Someone at Mouser needs new glasses.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Page 1 of 1