MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Thunder Bay Drone Day 2015 - free compilation
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author Thunder Bay Drone Day 2015 - free compilation
kaeth
Hey guys. I check in here a lot, but don't post much so I hope it's cool that I share this. Weird Canada started National Drone Day a couple years back ( http://droneday.org/ ), and I put an event together last May in Thunder Bay, Ontario. We recorded four-and-a-half hours of performances, and just uploaded them as a free compilation. I thought it might be of interest to some of you folks. The instruments and tools vary from track to track, but synthesizers, software, and fx pedals are featured quite heavily. There's another event at the end of this month, and we'll be putting together a new compilation some time after that's finished too. Thanks for listening!

http://dronethunderbay.bandcamp.com/album/thunder-bay-drone-day-2015
scottmoon
thumbs up
Swann
Nice, thanks for the link!
Flareless
Thanks for this info! Trying to put something together for next weekend with the few local modular guys in my rural neighbourhood.

Drones over the Beaver Valley

thumbs up
kaeth
That's great! I don't think anyone around these parts has a modular, unfortunately. I don't think I've ever had the pleasure of hearing one in person.

I have two sets to play this year. The first is a couple vacuum tube radios, and a couple transistor radios. I'm going to just sweep through dead air on AM frequencies, and see what odd modulated sounds I can pick up.

For the second, I built a metallic resonance speaker out of a gong, like the kind for the Ondes Martenot, and I'm going to be playing some no-input mixing through it.
Flareless
My Drone Day Drone....

Earth Hole

Is there a way to get this posted on the Drone Day site? It's from Kimberley, Ontario
kaeth
Cool stuff! I PM'd you the contact info.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1