MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

overloading the frequensteiner [audio]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author overloading the frequensteiner [audio]
consumed
the sequencer is 'stepping' the afg whereby the two rows are modulating the +/-PPM inputs on the AFG. a Plan B model 15 oscillator saw wave is feeding the sync input of the AFG. a vulcan modulator LFO is modulating the pitch (1v/O) of the AFG. (the harmonics of the sync are 'locking' the AFG up to make that four-note sequence!)

the mix output of the doepfer 143-1 Quad AD is wobbling the frequensteiner cutoff (LP). there is no resonance in this recording.

the recording begins with the signal input/output of the doepfer a-119 preamp set at about unity gain (9 oclock). at about 0:29 i slowly bring the gain up to 12 oclock. this overloads the frequensteiner input, which gives the ripped up liquidy sound. enjoy

http://share.ovi.com/media/consumed.sound/consumed.10056

EDIT: PH33R MY PA1NT SK1llZ
Moog$FooL$
applause nanners nice! nice! nice!!
yes, very liquidy indeed.
i think that's one of the things i enjoy most about analog synths/circuits, that thick wet sound you can often get.
kidtesla
Very nice!! Thanks for the detailed explanation and flow chart of the patch.
dkcg
Awesome. I love the flowchart to see what's going on. Man that Frequensteiner sounds nice!
felix
Rad! I like the sync idea while sequencing the PPM +/- on the AFG. I'm gonna have to play around with that. Really cool sounds.
wetterberg
SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

I really hope that sequence makes it into a track, consumed! Rockin'.
Kwote
woah dood. your paint skills are totally spookin me out. you're on a new level of terrorism. w00t
zerosum
That sound is fun to make with my mouth Singer lol Mr. Green
Cool patch, FATness!!!!
parasitk
Sweet clip! Great sound SlayerBadger!
Soy Sos
Yeah.......what they said!
Nice!
consumed
dkcg wrote:
Man that Frequensteiner sounds nice!

it does impart a particular tonal character on everything that goes through it, even with no resonance.
it is also a noisy filter that seems to pick up crosstalk sometimes.
but for some reason this does not bother me. im getting down with dirt lately.

thanks all for the feedback. i forgot to mention im using the animated pulse output on the AFG, which might not be obvious to non-AFG users.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1