MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Malekko Varigate 8+
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 38, 39, 40  Next [all]
Author Malekko Varigate 8+
matttech
bendedavis wrote:
windspirit wrote:
Looks awesome! What are the "random/ recall/ end" jacks?

The random and recall jacks are meant to be used together. The idea being that you'd have a saved preset to start from then using the random input it would slightly alter the settings with each gate. Then at any point you can use the recall jack to bring you back to the saved preset. The End jack is active when the longest sequence has played all the way through. This can be used as a reset out as it also fires when transport has stopped. When in song mode this trigger will progress to the next preset in the sequence.

To be fair, that sounds fucking AAAAAACE!
ignatius
matttech wrote:
bendedavis wrote:
windspirit wrote:

The random and recall jacks are meant to be used together. The idea being that you'd have a saved preset to start from then using the random input it would slightly alter the settings with each gate. Then at any point you can use the recall jack to bring you back to the saved preset. The End jack is active when the longest sequence has played all the way through. This can be used as a reset out as it also fires when transport has stopped. When in song mode this trigger will progress to the next preset in the sequence.

i agree.. that's a really fantastic feature.. reminds me of the stuff in Numerology to 'evolve' patterns. it'll probably lead to some nice subtle or extreme surprises when performing/recording.
toothless_wonder
My want list is alredy quiet big , but this has pretty much headed in my top three must have/want modules for this year !
bc3
https://malekkoheavyindustry.com/product/varigate-8/
Kujo
very interested , it looks like it hits the spot for me !!
bc3
Got to try this out briefly down at Moogfest yesterday and while it is impressive personally I'm not sure I agree with the current price point ($599) they have set. I get that it is more than just two Varigates together in one module, but in my opinion a price of $499 would be more reasonable and tempted me more to purchase when it is released.
GryphonP3
Looks amazing! On the note of "what would you want voltage control over?" I think it would be pretty cool to have voltage control over repeat amounts and step length. The only qualm that I have with the original varigate is that the patterns are fairly repetitive, as the same step will have the same amount of repeats every time it triggers, so the patterns of repeats become fairly repetitive. It would be cool to have CV over these, even if only on 3-4 programmable aux inputs or something like that. But then again, what do I know? Not much about what goes into software development, and how it would be handled. It's already a great module from the features it does have smile

This big version of the varigate looks much cooler anyway, and is still a big module even without voltage control. I love how different it is in function and philosophy from any other sequencers out there. Big +1 for not just re-hashing the same old sequencer philosophy over and over again like most of the other euro sequencers out there! That random/recall shit is incredible for live performance! Great way to totally wreck whatever you have going on and then snap back into something musical whenever you want. Really a cool way of handling the mangling smile Having a point to jump back to is really great in a live setting.

Good job Josh & Ben!! SlayerBadger!
bemushroomed
GryphonP3 wrote:
'The only qualm that I have with the original varigate is that the patterns are fairly repetitive, as the same step will have the same amount of repeats every time it triggers

Umm, no? you even have randomization of repeats. you press the prob. and repeat-button at the same time for this feature... also you should not underestimate using reset with a random trigger.
Southfork
Looking fwd to this, the vari4 is doing a good job and this looks even better smile
ben_hex
bemushroomed wrote:
GryphonP3 wrote:
'The only qualm that I have with the original varigate is that the patterns are fairly repetitive, as the same step will have the same amount of repeats every time it triggers

Umm, no? you even have randomization of repeats. you press the prob. and repeat-button at the same time for this feature... also you should not underestimate using reset with a random trigger.

Was going to say that. You get random values and you get set the range it can move randomly within. Helps to keep things moving over lots of repeats nicely. Random delay is great in small amount to emulate some sort of of "part human" imperfection.
orlog24
What's the longest gate time for each step?
bendedavis
orlog24 wrote:
What's the longest gate time for each step?

On the Varigate 8+ pulsewidth goes from 10% to 100%
kriskeyman
Skiff friendly?
bendedavis
kriskeyman wrote:
Skiff friendly?

Very. Single board, all surface mount.
kriskeyman
bendedavis wrote:
kriskeyman wrote:
Skiff friendly?

Thanks. Very interested in this module then. My case only supports up to 1.9" max depth, so this should work?
bendedavis
kriskeyman wrote:
bendedavis wrote:
kriskeyman wrote:
Skiff friendly?

Thanks. Very interested in this module then. My case only supports up to 1.9" max depth, so this should work?

kriskeyman
bendedavis wrote:
kriskeyman wrote:
bendedavis wrote:
kriskeyman wrote:
Skiff friendly?

Perfect, should work without issue. SlayerBadger! I was initially concerned that it was going to be too deep since dimensions listed on your website shows "6 x 3.5 x 3.25 in".
MossGarden
I'm quite frankly drooling over this thing right now screaming goo yo
bendedavis

Here's a video showing the freeze function. Basically you can set a bunch of random values and then freeze the values for all steps to create repeating patterns from what would normally be chaos.
mharpum
This will be my main trigger/gate sequencer! Seriously awesome work going on here, looks to be more interesting to me than the gatestorm which also look mint! I love the Varigate 4 so I know this will not disappoint!
Lineofcontrol
Perhaps a stupid question....

Is the Varigate 4 just a trigger sequencer rather than cv gate?

Vs the 8 is for both? seriously, i just don't get it

Looking for a Metropolis replacement...
rico loverde
Lineofcontrol wrote:
Perhaps a stupid question....

Is the Varigate 4 just a trigger sequencer rather than cv gate?

Vs the 8 is for both? seriously, i just don't get it

Looking for a Metropolis replacement...
yea varigate 4 is just a gate sequencer
The Illuminaire
matttech wrote:
bendedavis wrote:
windspirit wrote:

I couldn't agree more. That sounds truly righteous and makes me thankful I've waited and didn't scoop up two Varigate 4s.
Lineofcontrol
Is there anything like a Varigate 4 but for Cv gate? Rather than just Trig?

Would love to sequence synth lines in this fashion.
bc3
Lineofcontrol wrote:
Is there anything like a Varigate 4 but for Cv gate? Rather than just Trig?

Would love to sequence synth lines in this fashion.

Take a look at the new Antimatter Launch Codes module. cool
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 38, 39, 40  Next [all]
Page 2 of 40