MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Malekko Varigate 8+
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next [all]
Author Malekko Varigate 8+
behndy
coooool! i gots some Tendies en ROUTE.

i mean, i adoreeee that it looks like they realized jacks up top might be best then ROLLED WITH IT.

still want to grab a VG8. 4 is SO damn fun.
zynapse
Which firmware version responds appropriately to an external clock? I have tried the two most recent official releases (11 and 12) and out of desperation I have treid the current beta, all without success. I am clocking with PNW and I have also tried Eloquencer. A variety of things happen - usually its a slow start, sometimes a skipped step, sometimes a double hit where a single step is programmed. I would be willing to have varigate as the clock source but it also starts slowly.

I have also thought about delaying PNW output to varigate but unfortunately varigate is not consistent with how it misbehaves.

I can say for sure its the best random module I have...
pinkflag16
zynapse wrote:
Which firmware version responds appropriately to an external clock? I have tried the two most recent official releases (11 and 12) and out of desperation I have treid the current beta, all without success. I am clocking with PNW and I have also tried Eloquencer. A variety of things happen - usually its a slow start, sometimes a skipped step, sometimes a double hit where a single step is programmed. I would be willing to have varigate as the clock source but it also starts slowly.

I have also thought about delaying PNW output to varigate but unfortunately varigate is not consistent with how it misbehaves.

I’m on the latest beta and have not had issues so far. I’ve clocked it with Morphagene eosg out, 2hp RND normal clock out (not randomized), and ran a few short tests with a CR-78 and click track from Logic. All good so far.
pinkflag16
Is it possible to create a mode that assigns one of the inputs to v/8 so a regular keyboard can be used to program cv in real time? The new live cv is nice, but hard to be accurate.
nedrush
Is the new firmware still in beta? Should I upgrade or perhaps wait?
behndy
a few people have written about success with using Pamela's New Workout to work resetting/sending clock to the Varigate 8, playing with the level and width settings. anybody mind sharing their settings that work?

i can get the clock to work well, the reset is always one beat off. i've tried gate and triggers, run through as many different width and level settings as i can think to..... reset is still wonky. and the reset mult'd to Voltage Block, Varigate 4+, Quad LFO and Envelope.... works fine.

i've tried each of the firmwares on the Malekko site, even the Beta. lol. when i got to 1.0.11 the reset lags one beat instead of two behind so.... progress?

any advice?
pinkflag16
pinkflag16 wrote:
zynapse wrote:

I’m on the latest beta and have not had issues so far. I’ve clocked it with Morphagene eosg out, 2hp RND normal clock out (not randomized), and ran a few short tests with a CR-78 and click track from Logic. All good so far.

Update: My VG started jumping a bit in song mode occasionally. Not cool! It happened both with internal and external clocks, but only a few times over the coourse of maybe 20 minutes or so. Still...
pinkflag16
double
zynapse
behndy wrote:
a few people have written about success with using Pamela's New Workout to work resetting/sending clock to the Varigate 8, playing with the level and width settings. anybody mind sharing their settings that work?

i can get the clock to work well, the reset is always one beat off. i've tried gate and triggers, run through as many different width and level settings as i can think to..... reset is still wonky. and the reset mult'd to Voltage Block, Varigate 4+, Quad LFO and Envelope.... works fine.

i've tried each of the firmwares on the Malekko site, even the Beta. lol. when i got to 1.0.11 the reset lags one beat instead of two behind so.... progress?

any advice?

For reset, this works for me, as per PNW manual:

"There are also 4 special ‘utility’ types of modifier mainly for working with external devices; constant ‘on’ and ‘off’ gates, a single initial start pulse and a single final pulse fired when the stops (both indicated by pulse symbol)."
behndy
gotcha. i'll look at that. which do you use?

the single initial start pulse seems like it would be the same issue, right now VG is always one clock pulse behind. like it resets a pulse after getting the reset, but a friend had suggested using the Stop Pulse to reset it before starting.
jwise
Chris Meyer at Learning Modular recently made a video regarding PNW and sync issues surround clocks and resets with Grids and Euclidean Circles, but I was thinking this might address some of the issues with clocks and resets on the VG8+/VB.

Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-UzD3jvM80
MarkF
Sorry if this is a RTFM question, but is there a way to make it so pattern changes come at the end of a bar rather than immediately when pressing a button?

I bought a VG 8+ used and currently the behavior is that patterns change immediately when you press a new pattern which has caused me to make a few timing hiccups.
Eurtrude
Hello there !

Is it possible to divide the clock of a track, then multiply it ? (or in the other way,multiply, then divide), so that weird clocks can be achieved ?

For exemple, multiply the clock by 3 and then divide by 2 to have 1.5X the clock.

I've read the manual and think it's possible but I just wanted to be sure smile

Thanks !
SB-SIX
Eurtrude wrote:
Hello there !

Is it possible to divide the clock of a track, then multiply it ? (or in the other way,multiply, then divide), so that weird clocks can be achieved ?

For exemple, multiply the clock by 3 and then divide by 2 to have 1.5X the clock.

I've read the manual and think it's possible but I just wanted to be sure smile

Thanks !

As far as I know you can either divide or multiply a track. But you could of course with external modules...
aroom
Eurtrude wrote:

yes you can. if you move the slider while pushing the track button, it will multiply. so you can do both.

p 10 from the manual

Quote:
DIVIDE/MULTIPLY:

To DIVIDE a particular pattern/sequence, make sure the GATE output you want to divide is lit. Now select the TRACK button and move the DIVIDE/MULTI- PLY slider to the right. The position of the slider affects the amount of division down to 1/16.

To MULTIPLY a particular pattern/sequence, hold the TRACK button down while you move the slider to the right. You can multiply up to 16.
Aaronautical001
But i dont think you can do this in series on a single channel within VG8.
smurf
giftculture wrote:
it would be awesome if there was a button combo similar to holding bank/all, that would just delay every other step!

This would be great as mentioned before. But what happens if the channel has a a division or multiplication of the clock set (in the track section)? How would that work - I can't "visualize"...
Thanks!
Eurtrude
Thanks all for the answers smile

@aroom : yeah I read that part but was unsure both could be done at the same time. Thanks for confirming it
aroom
new beta firmware - release candidate - available : https://malekkoheavyindustry.com/varigate-8-firmware-updates/

I wonder how the new solo function is different from the one already implemented.
jwise
With the previous beta and the current, GATE 1's button remains illuminated regardless of my chosen channel.

If I revert to the last official release the Varigate 8+ button lights work exactly as expected and will turn off when I choose another Gate or CV.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Cyber-N Powers
jwise wrote:
With the previous beta and the current, GATE 1's button remains illuminated regardless of my chosen channel.

If I revert to the last official release the Varigate 8+ button lights work exactly as expected and will turn off when I choose another Gate or CV.

If it flashes when playing, then I think it is just indicating the chosen pattern.

I’m quite liking this beta. Internal clock is much tighter, and the Voltage Block always starts on the first beat when slaved!

The CV keyboard mode is fun when it works, but I seem to keep slipping into a play mode that doesn’t record anything...until I leave the mode, then it plays back what I played last. Weird!

Overall though, a vast improvement on the previous beta firmware (for me) and I’m sticking with this for now.
srcodling
jwise wrote:

Yes, I am...
srcodling
Sorry - I'm an idiot - that light is the preset number I'm on within the bank...
jwise
srcodling wrote:
Sorry - I'm an idiot - that light is the preset number I'm on within the bank...

Fair enough, but this preset number is not on in the last official firmware. How can I clear it so it is off under the beta firmware?
behndy
i think Scrodlingers Cat means when you're in a bank, whichever pattern you are currently looking at, that pattern number blinks? is that what you're talking about?

mebbe try loading another pattern, so you're in 2 or 3, see if that resolves it?

or does 1 stay solid lit? i haven't experienced that, and i'm on the most current Beta.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next [all]
Page 37 of 40