MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Malekko Varigate 8+
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next [all]
Author Malekko Varigate 8+
jwise
The button that is lit is definitely from the selected pattern. If I hit "recall" and a button I can change the light that stays on but I can't "deselect all," but I with the last official firmware the selected pattern light did NOT stay illuminated.

I should take into consideration that when I got my VG8 button #1 was minorly dysfunctional and was repaired around the time I started playing with the new beta firmware.

Maybe this is normal behavior but I never knew it?

I went back and watched Daniel Dehaan's tutorials to see if this was standard behavior but it wasn't a feature when he made the video a year and a half ago.
Cyber-N Powers
jwise wrote:
The button that is lit is definitely from the selected pattern. If I hit "recall" and a button I can change the light that stays on but I can't "deselect all," but I with the last official firmware the selected pattern light did NOT stay illuminated.

I should take into consideration that when I got my VG8 button #1 was minorly dysfunctional and was repaired around the time I started playing with the new beta firmware.

Maybe this is normal behavior but I never knew it?

I went back and watched Daniel Dehaan's tutorials to see if this was standard behavior but it wasn't a feature when he made the video a year and a half ago.


With the last official firmware release, when you first powered up, no pattern button would light up until you loaded a pattern for the first time. If you never loaded a pattern and just played around with the current pattern then you would never have seen it. I thought mine was broken the first time I selected a pattern! Behaviour may have been changed to be more consistent?
jwise
Cyber-N Powers wrote:
If you never loaded a pattern and just played around with the current pattern then you would never have seen it


Thanks for clarification. As that bit of information was not added to the change log, I could only think something was wrong with my VG8.
pinkflag16
I haven't installed the new beta firmware yet. Can anyone confirm it is stable and amazing? The last beta worked great for me except in song mode.

Not that it matters - I just listed it for sale. Going to try a Rene for a while. It's hard settling on a sequencer.
vantablack
not on the topic on the rc16 fw but since this seems like The vg thread the question should belong here.
since vg sends clock (and more?) via bus, which are the known modules that can receive anything via bus from vg8+?
murw
with this beta when I clock the Varigate externally I cannot get my Voltageblock to reset. It receives start and stop but it wont restart on the one. When I use Varigate's clock the Voltageblock resets just fine...
tried both sync modes.
Flamusic
murw wrote:
with this beta when I clock the Varigate externally I cannot get my Voltageblock to reset. It receives start and stop but it wont restart on the one. When I use Varigate's clock the Voltageblock resets just fine...
tried both sync modes.


Same here. VB does not reset with Varigate and the new Beta
behndy
i don't think reset has worked across the bus on any of the firmwares?

mannnnnnn i love this thing. since getting the reset to work properly i use it in freaking everything.

about to leave in 25 minutes to go to the airport, off to Vacation Beach Times, trying to dodge the blegh weather out here.

last noise fuckaround for about 2 weeks -

Flish
on external clock, reset doesn't work at all on the latest firmware..
bassmaster
Flish wrote:
on external clock, reset doesn't work at all on the latest firmware..


I noticed this too.
Bad thing.
Did the previous firmware work correctly with external clock and reset in?
bassmaster
Does this have something to do with this?
Latest Firmware.

SYNC/RESET MODES
There are now 2 different sync modes you can set your Varigate 8+ to in order support various clock devices like µMIDI. NOTE: You also must be in this newly added mode for RESET function to work while in internal clock as well as external clock.
To enter the newly added sync mode:
Hold PW, NOTE & GLIDE at the same time and push RPT button. If the sequence is running, you will see the RPT button is flashing to indicate this mode is now active. To switch back to the other setting, hold PW, NOTE & GLIDE and push PROB. Now the PROB button will flash.
bassmaster
Cheerio!
Reset does work with external sync and reset.
Just make the knob combo like written in the firmware update log.
I’m very happy.
Analogger
Hi, I have some strange behaviour on my varigate. The slider for step 8 remains lit at all times. Everything works as it should but the led is fully lit. Is this some kind of hidden setting or is it a fault?
rydan
bassmaster wrote:
Does this have something to do with this?
Latest Firmware.

SYNC/RESET MODES
There are now 2 different sync modes you can set your Varigate 8+ to in order support various clock devices like µMIDI. NOTE: You also must be in this newly added mode for RESET function to work while in internal clock as well as external clock.
To enter the newly added sync mode:
Hold PW, NOTE & GLIDE at the same time and push RPT button. If the sequence is running, you will see the RPT button is flashing to indicate this mode is now active. To switch back to the other setting, hold PW, NOTE & GLIDE and push PROB. Now the PROB button will flash.


So, what's the difference between the two modes? Don't think that has been written anywhere, just that there are two modes...
bassmaster
rydan wrote:
bassmaster wrote:
Does this have something to do with this?
Latest Firmware.

SYNC/RESET MODES
There are now 2 different sync modes you can set your Varigate 8+ to in order support various clock devices like µMIDI. NOTE: You also must be in this newly added mode for RESET function to work while in internal clock as well as external clock.
To enter the newly added sync mode:
Hold PW, NOTE & GLIDE at the same time and push RPT button. If the sequence is running, you will see the RPT button is flashing to indicate this mode is now active. To switch back to the other setting, hold PW, NOTE & GLIDE and push PROB. Now the PROB button will flash.


So, what's the difference between the two modes? Don't think that has been written anywhere, just that there are two modes...


I don’t know but the external sync and reset work fine now.
And you MUST use either setting to activate the external Reset I found out.
Just a firmware update alone doesn’t activate it.

Malekko could be a bit more informative about the actual settings indeed...now it’s trail and error
jwise
Firmware version 2.0 is now officially out. It is the exact same version as the last beta so if you already loaded it up, no need to upgrade to this version.
Flish
Can someone please post a link of the varigate 2.0 firmware? Not able to download it from the google docs link on the website for some reason.

solved

Syncing well with external clocks thumbs up
what gives?
I'd like to randomize sequences with gate probability values either 0 or 100%. Is it possible to disable gate probability other than 0 or 100%?
smurf
Malekko have kindly added the idea for a more global (Linn type) swing function affecting all alternate beats as a feature request. Maybe if more people requested it (email them through support) - they may bump it up...
nano_granny
Okay, Updated the firmware this afternoon and I've trawled the v2 manual, and attempted to stop the gate1 button flashing. I cannot seem to do it.

I've tried going into the other modes, banks etc but it refuses to stop flashing.

Am I going mad, is it by design, or is there something weird going on?

Any help appreciated, ta
bassmaster
nano_granny wrote:
Okay, Updated the firmware this afternoon and I've trawled the v2 manual, and attempted to stop the gate1 button flashing. I cannot seem to do it.

I've tried going into the other modes, banks etc but it refuses to stop flashing.

Am I going mad, is it by design, or is there something weird going on?

Any help appreciated, ta


Try to save a pattern to it and recall
nano_granny
bassmaster wrote:
nano_granny wrote:
Okay, Updated the firmware this afternoon and I've trawled the v2 manual, and attempted to stop the gate1 button flashing. I cannot seem to do it.

I've tried going into the other modes, banks etc but it refuses to stop flashing.

Am I going mad, is it by design, or is there something weird going on?

Any help appreciated, ta


Try to save a pattern to it and recall


Yeah tried that, still the same.!
TemplarK
Shouldn’t the gate that’s flashing be the one your currently editing? What does the gate your editing do stay solid?

I’m still on the beta I’ll upgrade later it’s working for me don’t want anymore problems tbh....
nano_granny
TemplarK wrote:
Shouldn’t the gate that’s flashing be the one your currently editing? What does the gate your editing do stay solid?

I’m still on the beta I’ll upgrade later it’s working for me don’t want anymore problems tbh....


Ah, finally sussed it. It was me being thick. It is the marker for current preset you're in.

Thanks Bassmaster / TemplarK

Although by design, not sure I like the fact it flashes at the same rate as the clock input.

I know I'm being picky, but Malekko, any chance you could tame it down a bit please?
pinkflag16
I'm thinking of keeping my VG8+, but a couple of things would make it much better:

- A smoothing function (like the VB has) to allow use without an envelope with no clicking. I'm sending all 8 channels into VCAs with sines, and it would be really nice to avoid patching in 8 envelopes. Especially since I currently only have 6!

- A per channel trigger mode, for pinging filters, etc. Gates double-trigger.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next [all]
Page 38 of 40
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group