MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Malekko Varigate 8+
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next [all]
Author Malekko Varigate 8+
TemplarK
bassmaster wrote:
Hi there Varigate users and Malekko

Varigate 8+ pattern/preset behaviour....
When switching a running preset to another preset it changes instantly instead of waiting to complete the previous pattern/preset like most sequencers do.
Can this be changed in the settings?

And if not, please make this possible in the next firmware update please.

I like the instant change and use song mode otherwise. I'd like the option i guess, honestly don't hold out much hope for Malekko working on this firmware anymore though tbh.
Daduk
Solved: restarting my case sometimes does wonders;)

Hi all,

It seems like I can't copy my patterns/sequences as stated in the manual. it should be as easy as the manual states right? Hold the source channel and press the destination channel?

To copy a sequence from one channel to another, hold the source channel and press the destination channel.

Am I missing something? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
cocoon
Daduk wrote:

Hi all,

It seems like I can't copy my patterns/sequences as stated in the manual. it should be as easy as the manual states right? Hold the source channel and press the destination channel?

To copy a sequence from one channel to another, hold the source channel and press the destination channel.

Thanks!

This is slightly off. You need to be on the source channel then click SAVE and the destination channel.
Daduk
True!

cocoon wrote:
Daduk wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks!

This is slightly off. You need to be on the source channel then click SAVE and the destination channel.
Dennis
good morning you guys!

i use variate 8+ with my confundo funkitus and sometimes it sends dual triggers i.e. it triggers where it shouldn't send triggers out.

sometimes it runs smoothly like it should but sometimes (especially after just starting up my rack) it just triggers randomly.

i tried using new banks, new patterns, creating new ones but i couldn't find out where the problem is....
playing with it for a while and the behavior will stop but i would like to know where that comes from....
(1-4 is normal four to the floor beats and 5-8 i use for fills and switch between them with CF)
confundo funkitus in every mode and even using zularic repetitor as fill generator won't guarantee to work......
maybe confundo funkitus is the problem? i don't know Dead Banana
lisa
Got V8+ a week ago and it lives up to all of my expectations, both the positive and the negative ones. wink

I expected it to be a bit disorientating and not lending itself well to backtracking patches in order to make adjustments. Boy, was I right. On the other hand it's really powerful and cheerful, which is a fun combination. It seems one can churn out the basis for a full track in minutes with melodies, beats, glides, thrills, probability and a bunch of randomized steps. Lovely!
honeysmack
Could someone please let me know the settings for successfully syncing Pamela's New Workout to the V8+. Can't seem to get both units to play nicely.

MASTER: Varigate8+ CLK OUT to -->
SLAVE: Pamela's input, PPQN?

Or should the Varigate be the SLAVE (not preferable)? I'm also using the Voltage Block in the same rack.

Thank you!
stujay18
I’ve never had any issues with the v8 being reliant on the PMW, which is meant to be a primary clock anyway. Why isn’t that preferable for you?
honeysmack
stujay18 wrote:
I’ve never had any issues with the v8 being reliant on the PMW, which is meant to be a primary clock anyway. Why isn’t that preferable for you?

all good, my 4ms DLD was sending clock over the bus that was messing with everything! PAM and V8+ now working fine. V8 is the master clock.
stujay18
Ah I recently had a similar issue with a doepfer module sharing the bus. Glad you caught it!
pieter
Hmm... could you elaborate on the DLD sharing the bus and how you fixed it? My V8+ is slaved to PNW, and I'm having some issues with syncing and resetting (especially when PNW is outputting swinged pulses).
lisa
It seems as if the first trigger channel takes in data from the faders every time I power on my rack. So if I had a pattern there when I turned off my rack that pattern will be replaced with a pattern based on the positions of the faders next time that I power on. Is this normal?
lohacker
lisa wrote:
It seems as if the first trigger channel takes in data from the faders every time I power on my rack. So if I had a pattern there when I turned off my rack that pattern will be replaced with a pattern based on the positions of the faders next time that I power on. Is this normal?

I have a basic standard pattern saved in 1st slot and it plays it regularly on power up even if the sliders are in another position.
Pailo
pieter wrote:
Hmm... could you elaborate on the DLD sharing the bus and how you fixed it? My V8+ is slaved to PNW, and I'm having some issues with syncing and resetting (especially when PNW is outputting swinged pulses).

DLD has a jumper on the back at the top.
It says clock bus and can send clock or receive
from the bus. If you take the jumper off the back
then you use the ping input or the button on the front.

Most of 4ms can send and receive on the clock bus.
Also patching to the ping input can override...
but if you get strange results take the DLD off the bus.

This can sometimes confuse VG8+ or VG4+ or Pams. So be careful.
I recommend having the jumper off so the VG is the bus clock leader.
muddy ranks
I got my hands on a V-gate 8+ and it's fun so far. Weird thing though, when I press play it doesn't send the first 4 of sixteen gates, initially, but does so when the pattern repeats. (Not hooked up to an external clock.)
aroom
you could try to install (or re-install) the latest firmware

you can also open a ticket on malekko's website, but unfortunately they are not really fast at answering - I have an opened ticket waiting for a month now

good luck
shanebroderick
How do you know what firmware this guy is running?

I just received a new unit today and want to make sure I am on the latest the firmware.
OHEXOH
Yes, Malekko customer support can be really bad. cry
PerAndersSkytt
Hi Varigate 8+ users! I am in need of some feedback here, please.

I have been studying the module for a week now. Yesterday I updated to the latest firmware (2.0), which fixed many of the bugs I had encountered. (I have also read the 39 [!] pages in this thread.) The issue for me with the new update is that now there are fundamental problems with SONG MODE. Now there is no way I can make the module switch between presets in Song Mode. Very confusing since this worked well before updating the firmware. Now I am hoping that this might be a user error (but I doubt it) – and this is where I would need your opinion and help, please. I’ll go through the procedure as clear as I can below. Anyone else here experiencing the same thing?

*1) I am starting with completely clean Presets (and also a clean Bank, just to be on the very safe side).

*2) I activate preset slot 1 and program a pattern (at this point, only with PROB sliders) on Gate channel 1 and then save it to Preset 1. Then I switch to Preset slot 2 and program another pattern on Gate Channel 1 and save it to Preset 2.

*3) I hold down SONG buton (which, by the way, has to be lit before holding it down in order not to be deactivated whilst holding) and press GATE 1 once and then GATE 2 once.

*4) With the SONG button lit/active, I press play, which SHOULD play back the song, switching between Preset 1 and Preset 2…

… but it doesn’t. Only Preset 1 (the first Prest I selected when programming the SONG in step #3) is played back over and over. And yes, the SONG button is lit/active. I have tried as many variations as I can possibly think of for steps #3 and #4 above, but with no luck. I reinstalled the latest firmware, but with no luck. Might as well also add that there are some issues with the internal tempo knob while in SONG mode. Extremely annoying.

Anyone here having experienced the same thing and/or might have some advice for me before I contact Malekko?

Many many thanks in advance!!!
lohacker
PerAndersSkytt wrote:
The issue for me with the new update is that now there are fundamental problems with SONG MODE. Now there is no way I can make the module switch between presets in Song Mode.

I'm not in front of it, but I think you have to hold the song button and press the patterns you want to sequence, at least I remember it worked that way when I tested it.
PerAndersSkytt
lohacker wrote:
PerAndersSkytt wrote:
The issue for me with the new update is that now there are fundamental problems with SONG MODE. Now there is no way I can make the module switch between presets in Song Mode.

I'm not in front of it, but I think you have to hold the song button and press the patterns you want to sequence, at least I remember it worked that way when I tested it.

- - -

Thank you for the reply, lohacker. Yes, that is exactly how I do it. As you see in my initial post:
*3) I hold down SONG buton (which, by the way, has to be lit before holding it down in order not to be deactivated whilst holding) and press GATE 1 once and then GATE 2 once.

But after I installed firmware 2.0, there is no way to get SONG MODE working as it should. I have tried all possible variations I can think of.

But you have firmware 2.0 and SONG MODE is working as it should for you?
lohacker
PerAndersSkytt wrote:

Thank you for the reply, lohacker. Yes, that is exactly how I do it. As you see in my initial post:

But after I installed firmware 2.0, there is no way to get SONG MODE working as it should. I have tried all possible variations I can think of.

But you have firmware 2.0 and SONG MODE is working as it should for you?

Sorry missed that part. Yes I'm on version 2, but can't remember if it's 2.0b11 or 2.0.
pbotsaris
Have they added conditional triggers to this yet? It seems to be a such an obvious feature in a 2019 sequencer of this price range.
Southfork
pbotsaris wrote:
Have they added conditional triggers to this yet? It seems to be a such an obvious feature in a 2019 sequencer of this price range.

Is there any eurorack sequencers with conditional triggers?
pieter
what are conditional triggers?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next [all]
Page 39 of 41