MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Malekko Varigate 8+
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next [all]
Author Malekko Varigate 8+
rico loverde
New upcoming Malekko Varigate 8+. Ben Davis and Malekko design. It will be at Moogfest this next weekend. 8 channels of gate sequencing. 2 channels of cv. 16 steps. 26hp

Ras Thavas
I think it goes without saying we'd all like to hear a lot more about this...
ben_hex
Been excited for this after speaking with Ben for a while about it. Great to see the photo in a panel.
Flohr
Looks amazing! Is the cv unquantized or is there a quantizer? If there is, is there an option to turn it off?
nnamesor
Wow. Holy crap.
rico loverde
I'm sure Ben Davis will be along shortly to fill everyone on the details! He knows it way better than I.
rico loverde
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFXLgGmTMyQ/
bendedavis
Hey guys. Really excited about this module. Here are the main features:

8 gate channels : per step probability, repeat, delay, pulsewidth
2 cv channels : per step voltage and glide (fully variable)
Tempo knob
100 presets (10 banks of 10)
Song mode allows any sequence of presets in bank
Custom scale and key selection
Each channel has independent clock division, sequence length and direction
Mute page for quickly muting/unmuting channels
CV channels can be paired to any of the 8 gate channels or run independently
Randomize gate input for adding subtle changes to all settings

Let me know if you have questions. Code is being finalized now and should be all done soon.
ignatius
bendedavis wrote:
Hey guys. Really excited about this module. Here are the main features:

8 gate channels : per step probability, repeat, delay, pulsewidth
2 cv channels : per step voltage and glide (fully variable)
Tempo knob
100 presets (10 banks of 10)
Song mode allows any sequence of presets in bank
Custom scale and key selection
Each channel has independent clock division, sequence length and direction
Mute page for quickly muting/unmuting channels
CV channels can be paired to any of the 8 gate channels or run independently
Randomize gate input for adding subtle changes to all settings

Let me know if you have questions. Code is being finalized now and should be all done soon.


wow. sounds like a beast!
windspirit
Looks awesome! What are the "random/ recall/ end" jacks?
bendedavis
windspirit wrote:
Looks awesome! What are the "random/ recall/ end" jacks?


The random and recall jacks are meant to be used together. The idea being that you'd have a saved preset to start from then using the random input it would slightly alter the settings with each gate. Then at any point you can use the recall jack to bring you back to the saved preset. The End jack is active when the longest sequence has played all the way through. This can be used as a reset out as it also fires when transport has stopped. When in song mode this trigger will progress to the next preset in the sequence.
noisejockey
Whaaaaaaaaaaat

Mutable channels?!?!?!?
Homer Simpson w00t!! It's motherfucking bacon yo
MATSmile
No cv control again hmmm.....
bendedavis
MATSmile wrote:
No cv control again hmmm.....


What would you put CV on? There are too many channels and parameters to have CV for everything. It's dynamic enough on it's own and you can get really fine control with per step settings.
Flohr
bendedavis

Does the cv have to be quantized or can you turn quantization off?
bendedavis
Flohr wrote:
bendedavis

Does the cv have to be quantized or can you turn quantization off?


It can be turned off also
onthelees
whoa - and I was just looking at another varigate to go next to the one I have. Guess I should hold off...
Paranormal Patroler
Wow! Talk about Varigate's bigger brother .. unfortunately there are way too many parameters going on on this one for me, it could lose its playability which is was Varigate excels at. Still, very impressive expansion. Congrats!

So, the CV sequence length is 8 steps I take it ?
Artaos
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
So, the CV sequence length is 8 steps I take it ?


Mmh I'm confused about this too... There is a "Note" global button, so I assumed the 16 sliders would represent the CV values when "Note" is pressed. What are the 8 "Scale note" sliders? Is that for configuring the quantization scale?

Overall this new module seems really exciting.
Paranormal Patroler
I imagine you can always chain CV patterns as well, so that's not a big issue. I'm also interested in the CV range ..
BingMachine
bendedavis wrote:
MATSmile wrote:
No cv control again hmmm.....


What would you put CV on? There are too many channels and parameters to have CV for everything. It's dynamic enough on it's own and you can get really fine control with per step settings.


I've always wanted CV over probability. Could be totally global. From zero up to set value.
Enda Grennan
This thing looks rad! we're not worthy
bemushroomed
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Wow! Talk about Varigate's bigger brother .. unfortunately there are way too many parameters going on on this one for me, it could lose its playability which is was Varigate excels at.


I agree, i rather keep my 2 x Varigate 4's i think, smaller too.. good that there's an option though smile
bendedavis


Here's a video showing the glide. I believe glide is set all the way up on all steps but 6 and 7 here. Sequence limited to 8 steps.

Glide is tempo-synced on the V8+ so that at 100% it'll fully glide into the next step.
davidh
looks great !

there is CV in no ? "Random" kind of global chaos, which is cool

any chance you dim a little the leds, on varigate4 they are very bright ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next [all]
Page 1 of 27
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group