MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dynacord Add-One users?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Dynacord Add-One users?
Kazremark
Any members of this forum own the Dynacord Add-One. I recently got one and have been loving it, but seems to be pretty rare kit. I don't even know anyone who has ever heard of it smile
Sir Ruff
Had one, sold it. So there's one:)
authorless
I used to want one years ago, not sure I'd get into it now, though.
Kazremark
I'm really loving the sound, super powerful. Installed a floppy emulator in mine recently. Now I just need to get a PC so I can transfer all the disks that came with it into omniflop files. If anybody has any to share, PM me!
Votek_Mendo
One sold on Ebay last week...i was very very tempted.
If someone has one to sell let me know.
I will get one in the future for sure.
keykeyeyekit
I love mine and have the disk drive/sampler add on. I have disks including official factory kits, and I'll look into getting them loaded up to share. It's a great poly synth on top of the drums and the generator sounds can emulate everything from Nintendo/commodore like sounds to gentle bells to percussive leads.
Kent
David Morley has one and has a YT video of it.
Sir Ruff
Votek_Mendo wrote:
One sold on Ebay last week...i was very very tempted.
If someone has one to sell let me know.
I will get one in the future for sure.

Oh, wow, that one was super overpriced given it clearly needed work. They all seem to suffer from aging caps and dimming displays so that should be a factor in the price you're willing to pay.
Kazremark
Yeah the Add-Drive sampler extension is key. If you get around to uploading those disks of yours that would be rad. Currently I'm having to sample each kit by hand which isn't the worst thing for learning the unit and having unique sounds. But would be awesome to have access to the library.
tron23
I always had my eyes on those, I love samplers with analogue stages, especially for drums, my sequential 440 gets the job done for the moment. Any exclusive features to the ADD-One?
keykeyeyekit
Among other things, the ADD-One has 8 x 3389's and two CV control jacks for pitch and duration. Also, Master L/R/Mono, Monitor L/R/Mono, and Headphones out, all with individual volume control... Here are some pics...

[/img]
tron23
Fascinating piece, looks like it weights a ton but probably worth it, wish my 440 had cv inputs, even though I record the pitch changes internally that would open it up for tricks. cry
keykeyeyekit
tron23 wrote:
Fascinating piece, looks like it weights a ton but probably worth it, wish my 440 had cv inputs, even though I record the pitch changes internally that would open it up for tricks. cry

The 440 also uses 8 x 3389's!
tron23
And it sounds enormous! w00t
Obsoletemachines
hi
has anyone got a complete set of disk images? or at least some?

thanks
prototek
I know they are 2 different beasts, but what is the consensus regarding the ADD-one vs. Studio 440?

Seems to me, the ADD-one has the 440 beat in terms of functionality. I'm no expert so it would be great if anyone cares to chime in. smile

- John
SPIKE the Percussionist
i've always wanted some of the Dynacord Percuter Drum Pads!!!
ya know...the parallelogram looking ones.

and...

found one on ebay!
blz
I love mine I went a little crazy and bought 4 of them. I bought the first one and it died on me so I sorta gave up on it for a while. Then one day I said fuck it and started buying them up off of ebay. Once I had the ones I bought I went to my tech and asked him to get as many fixed units as he could from what I handed off to him. He could only get two of them working because one of them some asshole poured some sorta liquid into it. So I have two working units and I love them both dearly.

Hey Kazremark do you mind telling me which floppy emulator you used I would love to update mine.
mystico
hey Miley Cyrus i recently got hold of an ADD One. Wow. What a huge sound. It definitely takes patience to program but in the time I've had it I've managed to get some gigantic sounds of out it. we're not worthy

The generators are very powerful. Very clean sound too. Has anyone here used the tape input to load patches?
Kazremark
Been using mine a bunch lately, installing the Lotharek HXC floppy emulator is a real game changer. Highly recommended workflow improvement! Now I just need to figure out a way to create kits on the computer and save them as floppy images. Anyone aware of tools that can do this?
Panason
That looks like serious gear! love

Can we haz some samples ? hyper
Obsoletemachines
My second unit is up for sale right now:

https://reverb.com/item/12978836-dynacord-add-one-add-drive-sampler-dr um-machine-1987

Sir Ruff
Obsoletemachines wrote:
My second unit is up for sale right now:

https://reverb.com/item/12978836-dynacord-add-one-add-drive-sampler-dr um-machine-1987

LOL at that price...
Panason
Someone already bought it. seriously, i just don't get it
Obsoletemachines
Yes, they did. I believe my price is reasonable given the work conducted on these machines...and we live in a market economy.

Couple of easter eggs:
press code, then cursor to firmware version then hit help...gives you the name of the designer...hit help again 'Will i dream'

There is another easter egg:
with 'boom' as a message but i have forgotten how to get there.

** moderator edit**
Please become acquainted with the forum rules and guidelines regarding the sale of goods on this site. You agreed to them when signing up and there is a sticky of them in the ‘forum discussion’ section. We do enjoy the information sharing that you’ve brought.

Kent

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2