MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Basimilus Iteritas Alter - fuck yeah!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next [all]
Author Basimilus Iteritas Alter - fuck yeah!
Dogma
Man i was a little unsure about selling my Bi as i loved it - a lot.When i saw the Alter it nearly covers exactly what i felt was missing from the original
id still like a choke and accent but ill route to Optomix i guess....
Are they gonna keep both in their line - both are still on their site....
http://www.noiseengineering.us/basimilus-iteritas-alter
Daisuk
Oh, yes. I'd be happy just as long as the offset/attenuation design thing is different, which it supposedly is. The extra additions look very handy as well. SlayerBadger!
Dogma
Daisuk wrote:
Oh, yes. I'd be happy just as long as the offset/attenuation design thing is different, which it supposedly is. The extra additions look very handy as well. SlayerBadger!


Apparently so smile Perfect eh?
pitri
the "old" one looks much cleaner though - but the new functions are nice, and matches the look of the LI now. I wonder what liquid sounds like...
I´ll definitely keep the old one, I just got it d'oh!
Cortega
yeah really looking forward to the alter.

any words on release Date ?
Dogma
pitri wrote:
the "old" one locks much cleaner though - but the new functions are nice, and matches the look of the LI now. I wonder what liquid sounds like...
I´ll definitely keep the old one, I just got it d'oh!


Oh i regret selling it but i had to (medical bills :(

WHat do you mean by "locks" better though?
Mercutio
2 new mode : Liquid and Alto...

but sounds exactly as the previous one...
fringe
Argh I want. The current version is awesome, this looks all the more better.

I hear their VCO, the Loquelic Iteratis, is getting a revision as well, with more CV-ability. I hope so, because it's in my top 5 VCOs at the very least and my only criticism is a lack of more CV control—attenuverters would be awesome.
tsunamisucks
ooooh those "alter" and "mk2" things...

you spend $300 for a module and then the manufacturer offers new and improved version of what you just bought
Dogma
fringe wrote:
Argh I want. The current version is awesome, this looks all the more better.

I hear their VCO, the Loquelic Iteratis, is getting a revision as well, with more CV-ability. I hope so, because it's in my top 5 VCOs at the very least and my only criticism is a lack of more CV control—attenuverters would be awesome.


Having just got the Li and hearing the same thing (and the Bi as well) i asked if there was an upgrade path - i sent my PDO i into William at WMD and $50 later received a MKii. incredible i thought.
Anyway theres no upgrade path for either - its still the freak it was before i heard of the upgrade so i couldnt really care less...damn its sweet smile
windspirit
Definitely excited to hear liquid mode grin
Funky40
Sounds awesome !

>available soon<
means when exactly ?


more 1 week-ish or more 1 month-ish ?
please enlighten us......whoever knows
mharpum
fringe wrote:
Argh I want. The current version is awesome, this looks all the more better.

I hear their VCO, the Loquelic Iteratis, is getting a revision as well, with more CV-ability. I hope so, because it's in my top 5 VCOs at the very least and my only criticism is a lack of more CV control—attenuverters would be awesome.


Interesting to see what they add to it, I would guess trigger control of the modes and like you say, change the pots to attenuverters. Still one of my fav oscillators, especially for crazy percussion!
pitri
Dogma wrote:
pitri wrote:
the "old" one locks much cleaner though - but the new functions are nice, and matches the look of the LI now. I wonder what liquid sounds like...
I´ll definitely keep the old one, I just got it d'oh!


Oh i regret selling it but i had to (medical bills :(

WHat do you mean by "locks" better though?


i meant "looks" sorry...

But yeah same will happen with the LI - also will receive one of those in the mail today, I didnt want to wait because it can still take months until its available - who know...
I also think its a bit unfair with MKII versions - if they´ll make a proper announcement and shipping date+ pricedrop for the older versions, ok then... but i guess they have to make a living too somehow, you just feel a bit hoaxed as a customer...
Daisuk
pitri wrote:
Dogma wrote:
pitri wrote:
the "old" one locks much cleaner though - but the new functions are nice, and matches the look of the LI now. I wonder what liquid sounds like...
I´ll definitely keep the old one, I just got it d'oh!


Oh i regret selling it but i had to (medical bills :(

WHat do you mean by "locks" better though?


i meant "looks" sorry...

But yeah same will happen with the LI - also will receive one of those in the mail today, I didnt want to wait because it can still take months until its available - who know...
I also think its a bit unfair with MKII versions - if they´ll make a proper announcement and shipping date+ pricedrop for the older versions, ok then... but i guess they have to make a living too somehow, you just feel a bit hoaxed as a customer...


MkIi versions are pretty much the standard with pretty much every type of product in the world though. You've made something good, but found a way to improve it, and hence want to sell it. Would it have been better if he called it tasipliusk bunkerastrix instead of alter?

Just don't get why you feel hoaxed, you got the mki because you liked it, right?
MrNovember
Hmm, I was waiting on the Alter because I was under the impression that it was 10hp, not 12hp. Now I might just pick up the older version for a better price in the BST if I can. Although, having the ability to trigger different modes is pretty cool.

Also there's a lot of info on this in the existing Basimilus Iteritas thread. I would link it if search still worked
bobbcorr
I for one would buy a tasipliusk bunkerastrix in a second.

As for new hardware versions...the nice people who make Distings have certainly experienced this. People buy the new ones, people love the old ones, it's all good. Life goes on, evolution can only be stopped by death.
adnauseam
Daisuk wrote:
Oh, yes. I'd be happy just as long as the offset/attenuation design thing is different, which it supposedly is. The extra additions look very handy as well. SlayerBadger!


Care to elaborate? I know on my Zularic Repetitor the fact that the offset knobs turn into Attenuators is really maddening.

Are you saying in the BiA it's not so and the knobs stay as offsets (regular controls) after jacking in? I hope so!

I might have to pick one up although I imagine it's more than the old BI

NoiseEngineering was never particularly clear about their release dates - and rightfully so - no reason to get people mad about pushing back release dates for example

Anyways. Looks rad! Rockin' Banana!
MrNovember
Lots of info on the Alter on the last few pages: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108051&postdays=0&po storder=asc&start=325
suboptimal
I don't think anyone is getting rich building modules. It's not like these guys can afford to just axe the cost of modules they've paid dearly to have built. The v1 is a badass module that still works as advertised. If anything, slashing prices would betray people who just paid full price . . .

The new one has a lot going for it: better layout for tweaking, CV control over modes (!!!!). Looks nice.
Futuresound
My 'old' BI was sounding great last night.

Technically I have enough space for dedicated attenuation and offset for that one, AND one of the Alters lol. Hmmm.
rimbod
Wait wait wait... they're doing an Alter of the LI? Gawd damn! Given there's no search function on this thing and no info on the NE website, can someone point me to any info on that?

I love my LI, and I can probably push back my purchase of the proper complex oscillator I was going to save up for with a suitably enhanced LI Alter. Save space, too.
risome
The singularly best thing i have done with my BI recently is patching a Maths envelope into the pitch CV ..snappy punch Miley Cyrus
JackTheFunk
Liking the sound of this. BI Alter definitely on my watch list now. Worried I am going to 'accidentally' start a percussion oriented case...
matttech
JackTheFunk wrote:
Liking the sound of this. BI Alter definitely on my watch list now. Worried I am going to 'accidentally' start a percussion oriented case...


Down that road madness lies.....!

screaming goo yo SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo SlayerBadger! zombie zombie SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next [all]
Page 1 of 14
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group