MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Moog Model D
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next [all]
Author New Moog Model D
Luap
Im surprised this hasnt been posted yet? As there is a bit of chatter about it elsewhere abouts the internet.

www.instagram.com/p/BFjThBaEdjg/
MATSmile
If its ever gonna be released the price tag gonna be around 7 grand.
richie
pop up factory?
http://www.heraldsun.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/gallery-moog-pop-up- factory-opens-in-american-tobacco-district/collection_c884c02c-1bae-11 e6-860f-5bfe7bbc681d.html#1
Vast_Halo
Get ready for the 200-page flamewar about whether a new one sounds as good as an original.

Dead Banana
stalfosia
Here's some audio jamming...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFjq33ciR3x/

nanners
Randy
At least it's sized for grownups.

Randy
Luap
There is also this.. Nothing to do with the new Mini Moog I think. Perhaps an expander for the Mother 32?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFjos2mkdl7/

(I would have made a seperate post for it, but i didnt want to look like some Moog pimp hihi )
(edit, actually i see someone already made one in the eurocrack section)
qfactor
MATSmile wrote:

It's 50% less than that at $3499, actually!
syzygywell
qfactor wrote:
MATSmile wrote:

I know I can't even believe it, if it's anything like the original it's like hearing your favorite band regrouped and you get to see them perform but they're miraculously young again. This is like Pink Floyd 1978 for me.
h4ndcrafted
If it even sound 75% of the way there, I will sell everything I own to have one. Oh my gas.
420noscope
syzygywell wrote:
qfactor wrote:
MATSmile wrote:

I know I can't even believe it, if it's anything like the original it's like hearing your favorite band regrouped and you get to see them perform but they're miraculously young again. This is like Pink Floyd 1978 for me.

Yea exactly
dopefiend
So, a few extras, I see. I wonder if they will include hard sync, which was a mod available by third party companies in the 70's for the original D. Jan Hammer had it done to his, IIRC.
pulse_divider
dopefiend wrote:
So, a few extras, I see. I wonder if they will include hard sync, which was a mod available by third party companies in the 70's for the original D. Jan Hammer had it done to his, IIRC.

I sure hope so! I used to have an RMS modified Mini and the sync sounded so gnarly.
If not, and it is indeed a painstaking re-creation, then any mods for the original Mini should be doable.
Jason Brock
I hope these won't be a limited edition because it will probably be a few years before I can buy one. But that is awesome, and the extra LFO just makes it perfect.
h4ndcrafted
Pop up does make me think limited Edition which means expensive confused

I can't see them cutting any corners with this, to get one in the UK, I'm not sure I want to know the final price, after tax over here it ain't gonna be pretty though.
3vcos
No sync. It does have more mod sources and a mod source input.
h4ndcrafted
So it seems that price tag is right ?
https://ask.audio/articles/moog-music-about-to-announce-minimoog-model -d-reissue-

That means you probably heading for £4000 after tax here, ouch.

External power brick ?
GovernorSilver
h4ndcrafted wrote:
So it seems that price tag is right ?
https://ask.audio/articles/moog-music-about-to-announce-minimoog-model -d-reissue-

That means you probably heading for £4000 after tax here, ouch.

External power brick ?

Might be cheaper for you to fly to NC for Moogfest 2017, pick up a Model D, and bring it back with you, even if you have to pay for the extra baggage fee.

I knew an Italian bassist that did that whenever he wanted to buy US gear - he'd just plan a trip and bring the gear back with him - said it's cheaper than buying said gear at a Euro store.
ignatius
i wonder which oscillator boards it'll have in it? razz
Tunatoboggan
Maybe I'm too young to understand, but this doesn't really seem that exciting. This machine has been around forever, all its sounds already explored. An exact replica brings nothing new to the table, especially if it sounds exactly like the original.

What do you see that I don't?
beyourdog
Tunatoboggan wrote:
Maybe I'm too young to understand, but this doesn't really seem that exciting. This machine has been around forever, all its sounds already explored. An exact replica brings nothing new to the table, especially if it sounds exactly like the original.

That you'll simply get a BRAND NEW Model D for cheap SlayerBadger! applause

The model D to me is like a classical music instrument. It should be part of any new Orchestra :-)...getting one brand new for a decent price is just fantastic. It's just so much fun to play and so inspiring...
Who cares about new things when the kids around the block will be able to play this timeless classic and use it in modern creations.
m03
Tunatoboggan wrote:

According to the text here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZWRxwaqjug

...it has a few additional/new modulations, and a simple MIDI implementation. Plus, it opens up the possibility for modification/customization without risking damage or devaluation to a temperamental vintage instrument.
ignatius
Tunatoboggan wrote:

it's a great synth. it can do a lot. it's really fun to play. there were 2 in the muffwiggler store for quite a while and i played them all the time. it's probably not something i'd buy but i think more minimoogs in the world isn't a bad thing.

there are a lot of sounds in a good monosynth and i doubt we've heard them all.. hence the many monosynths reissued or new ones released by arturia etc.

i'm sure all the marketing and PR and advertising crap they come up with will be full of eye rolls around the universe but it's still a great synth if they get it right.
MATSmile
qfactor wrote:
MATSmile wrote:

Its still kinda expensive for quite simple mono synth confused
ignatius
MATSmile wrote:
qfactor wrote:
MATSmile wrote:

Its still kinda expensive for quite simple mono synth confused

depends how many they make i guess.

but there are other brand new monosynths on the market at a lower cost.

edit: but yeah.. it's spendy.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next [all]
Page 1 of 19